It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What supplements do you take? (if any)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Heres my daily supplement routine:

5 days a week i take

4 Glucosamine sulfate (500mg each my shoulder)
3 Kyolic brand garlic pills (cardiovascular health)
www.kyolic.ca...
2 Omega 3 capsules (400mg EPA 200mg DHA each)
1 Iron supplement (25mg each vegetable derived)
1 Multivitamin (active easymulti plus)www.platinumnaturals.com... fantastic multi, i would recommend it to anyone.

I take it only 5 days a week because it helps me stretch them further, they are all high quality and rather pricey.

What supplements do YOU take and why? And if you dont do you have a reason?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ive been thinking of starting some. I barely eat once a day though. Any more than that and I feel really sick. I actually feel better not eating funny enough.. Anyways I was thinking of starting glucosamine or some ginko.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Hi Retkix,

In the past I used to take about 50 supplements a day (was doing powerlifting), but now I only take a few.

All are taken 7 days a week and charted in my spreadsheet. I've missed only one day in the past six months where I forgot.(d'oh)

o Iron-free multivitamin (guys don't need extra Iron) 1/day

o Cayenne Pepper 40,000 HU (anti-cholesterol) 1/day

o Carlson Norweigian Super Omega-3 fish oil caps (4x1000) per day

o Garlinase Garlic - supposedly the best brand with lots of Allicin which (they claim) is no found in aged garlic (anti-cholesterol) 1/day (www.enzy.com/heart)

o Extra virgin cold pressed Bariani's Olive Oil at least one tablespoon/day.

Here's a link to that and an in depth article on the truth behind 'extra-virgin'. www.living-foods.com...

Planned Supplements:
Natto-K by enzymedica -
www.enzymedica.com...
*(haven't researched it yet).
Supposedly a fibrinolytic drug to dissolve blood clots. Prob won't take it but interesting concept.

Nattokinase........NSK-SD 1000 FU
Amylase Thera-blend........3600 DU
Protease Thera-blend........16000 HUT
Bromelain........................96 GDU
Mineral Blend........40 mg
Glucoamylase........40 AGU
Cellulase Thera-blend........1000 CU
Lipase Thera-blend........600 FCCFIP

I should add some glutamine.

Curious why you take iron? (are you younger or older). Older guys might have iron build up.

Cool thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I take an iron supplement because i had been having very low energy levels and was told that iron helps in that department, I have noticed a slight difference but nothing to write home about.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Hmm, was that your physician?

Certainly there is a situation called 'Iron deficiency anemia', but I'd seriously doubt that a person eating a mixed diet including meat and green leafy vegs would have that. I'd want to have him take a blood test and run a chemistry panel and a hematocrit and check out your progress and re-assess periodically.

Only 2% of adult men in the US have this (20% women but they menstruate).

I'm not suggesting your doctor is wrong, nor any cause for alarm. It seems prudent to educate yourself and get your lab values and maybe get another opinion.

The majority of the time, men have -too much- iron, and, in fact it's considered cardio-protective to give a unit of blood every 2-3 months to allow the iron levels to lower.

HTH.
(again, I'm a pathologist (non-MD) but I don't know your case, so consider my comments just for the entertainment value. (smile))

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I take:

For knee joints and arthritis:
MSM - 4000 mg/day
Glucosamine - 2000 mg/day
Chondroitin - 1600 mg/day

Vitamin C to help assimilate the above.

VitaminE - Not sure why. My husband told me to.

Multivitamin.

I eat a lot of garlic.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Care to share your sources? That's a normal amount of those three, 4gm MSM and 2gm Glu, but many take more.

I've ordered from Msm.msm.com... I think the link was. Yeah. They were good guys and pretty cheap.

I priced out the Glucosamine (different stuff from glutamine as you know) and it looks pretty high in a retail store. I've looked at bulk nutrition.

If you want to go U2U on the specifics, that's ok by me.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I have always bought them at the local pharmacy, but recently, I ordered some higher quality powders and tablets from a place called "lucky vitamin", which so far hasn't been very lucky. I'm going to look into another place, so your link comes at a good time. I'll check it out.

I ordered "NOW" brand and it hasn't arrived yet. Monday, I believe. It's a popular brand and I think I'll probably be able to find it easily somewhere else.

I only recently learned about the higher dosages and purity and I have upped what I was taking to arrive at the amounts above. I've only been taking that amount for about 2 weeks. Before that, it was 1/2 that amount, which I was finding unsatisfactory.

Thanks for the link

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ah, so you're paying premium prices, possibly. The MSM guys were/are a kind of a mom and pop type company when I dealt with them and they also have bulk powders which is a superior way of taking vits like Glu and MsM.

Did you realize what those gelatin caps are made of? Some use vegetable sources but generally they're cow hooves and cast off cartilaginous pieces. Think mass quantities of the cow parts. Not to scare anyone but mad cow? So if you're taking 10-20 capsules per day times 365 days a year that's a lot of gelatin...er, moo.

The crystals reportedly are tested for purity and ability to dissolve and they don't contain any talc or other stuff they put in as 'inert ingredients' so you're not gumming up your system with that.

Just some thoughts. HTH

-B

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Currently using the UFC Fight Stack by MusclePharm. Liking the results thus far...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There is one more supplement that I would like to suggest which has helped me in maintaining my muscle growth and my nutrition diet - goo.gl... Hope it helps you as well

edit on 2-4-2013 by steve26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'm currently taking:
-prescription medication lopid (cholesterol - fibrate not statin)
-multi-vitamin (swisse)
-blue ice royal (2/3 fermented skate liver oil + 1/3 butter oil)
-resveratrol 250mg (anti-aging)
-hair more by totally natural (saw palmetto, fenugreek, biotin - for hair loss)

I take all of these twice a day except the multi-v which is once a day.

I've seen some drastic improvements in my health since taking these and been on them for about 3 months.

The saw palmetto in particular is very good stuff not just for hair loss, have a look on wikipedia it covers a wide range of things such as respiratory, digestive/metabolic and reproductive systems. I had a sore throat and cough that had been going on for a few weeks which went away almost instantly after taking this.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I and my entire family takes TREVO

Imagine having energy to spare, enhanced mental focus, vibrant good health, and a wonderful sense of well-being. That is what we call the power of wellness, and that is the revolutionary power of Trévo.

Trévo is not just another fruit drink, nor is it just another multi-vitamin. In a world of sugar-filled juice drinks and caffeine-saturated energy shots, Trévo stands alone as a complete health system in one bottle. Containing 174 of nature’s finest nutraceutical ingredients from around the globe, Trévo is unlike any other nutritional supplement you will find on the market. This remarkable formula provides you and your family with a quick, delicious and easy way to restore, renew and revive your bodies.

The beauty of this unique formulation is that it actually replaces what the body is missing from today’s nutrient-depleted diets. And, because of the way scientists have designed its formulation, Trévo will work just as well for a 2-year-old as it will for adults of all ages. It really is the best of all nutritional worlds! Trévo is, in fact, a delicious answer to your family’s need for complete, natural nutrition.

So, are you ready to enjoy increased energy, enhanced mental focus, vibrant good health and even weight management support? If so, Trévo is the answer you have been searching for.

Get some more detail by clicking on the link in my signature below
edit on 12-4-2013 by trevo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Multivitamin & Minerals
Vitamin B Complex 50.

Something else that make you absorb Vitamins....i gotta look it up.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Try Trévo and see its 174 nutrients/ingredient Renewing, Restoring and Reviving your body cells and also giving you total wellness. So the issue of loosing appetite and many other health abnormalities will no more count in your life.

check on the link on my signature below to have access to more info on Trévo.

Originally posted by Question Fate
Ive been thinking of starting some. I barely eat once a day though. Any more than that and I feel really sick. I actually feel better not eating funny enough.. Anyways I was thinking of starting glucosamine or some ginko.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Every day is becoming more hectic day by day and it has made it very difficult for people to survive without the aid of various energy enhancers. Most important of all these energy boosting agents are natural energy drinks or supplements that are easily available from almost all the health stores.

top topics

join