It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmert says he will resign after Kadima elects new leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Olmert says he will resign after Kadima elects new leader

www.jpost.com

In a dramatic announcement, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Wednesday evening that he will not run in the upcoming Kadima primary and will resign from office upon selection of a successor, to allow the new party leader to attempt to form a coalition.

"Now is the time in which I must make a decision," Olmert said at a surprise press conference at his official residence. "I do not make it out of a feeling that I cannot fulfill my duties…but the mudslinging crusade which is being conducted against me, even by decent people who are truly concerned for the state and its image, brings up a question that I cannot and will not avoid:

"What is more important? My personal justice, or the public good? My personal justice is very important to me…but in choosing between considerations relating to my status and my ability to fight for my truth, and the considerations of what is best for the country - it is the latter that decide."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I hope this hasn't been posted yet. I did a search for and didn't find it anywhere.

I don't really know what to think of this yet. Olmert, just like any other politician, has been involved in his share of scandals. I just wonder what affect this will have on Israel's Iran policy.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Jeez I was looking forward to reading what other members thought about this...especially how it might affect their Iran policy. I guess nobody has any thoughts on this

new topics

join