It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost converted to Democrat...Until I read further.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am so pissed off at the Repubs and McCain I honestly thought "Hey, let me give the Democrats a fair shot, let me see what they stand for"
HOLY HELL! what the hell is wrong with these people? damm hippies!
www.wa-democrats.org...

AGRICULTURE

Production of food is critical to national security. We are proud that agriculture is a leading industry in Washington State. We recognize the role of farmers as “stewards of the land,” and we support programs that ensure the availability of high-quality food, strengthen rural communities, preserve family farms and maintain the productivity of the land. So you democrats must agree that the big Ethanol push was a huge mistake? Huge.

This requires legislation that sustains farming when calamities occur and that ensures that farmers and farm workers earn a fair return on their efforts, are safe in doing that work, and produce food that is safe to eat. Ok so now we need MORE legislation (read: laws) bigger government and probably another committee to oversee it?

CORPORATE POWER AND MEDIA REFORM

We believe that Corporations are important to our economy and standard of living, but that government is created by, of and for the people, not corporations. ???????? what is the purpose of this statement? “just letting you know we hate corporations and if we are elected you are screwed!” (ever thought that these evil corporations provide jobs for Americans?)

We believe that the free flow of information is fundamental to democracy. We believe the public owns the broadcast frequencies and the Internet, which should be managed to serve the public interest.
Holy hell “managed?” my ass hurts already! Anything the government “manages” is a fiasco! How about you “manage” to quit ruining our country???

We believe that internet neutrality is fundamental to preserving the value of the Internet for the public. INTERNET “NEUTRALITY”???? how about you just come out and say it “we are elected Rush and Sean are freaking history pal!”

ECONOMIC JUSTICE AND DEVELOPMENT

We believe that economic justice for all is essential to the existence of a democratic society. In other words when we help the poor we get elected

Favoritism toward the wealthiest has permitted them undue influence on public policy, to the detriment of everyone else. Taxation policies that are fair and equitable for all taxpayers, not just a favored few, are a keystone of economic justice.
Let me translate this one for you too, “we will take money from all those filthy rich scum and give it away to all the poor people! (yes we know w are filthy rich also but that is different...we are Democrats and we love the lowly working class) We will create new shiny programs to help out the disadvantage! You will love us!”

EDUCATION

We believe that an excellent, quality public education, preschool through post-secondary, with equal access for all is fundamental to maintaining a healthy democracy. “It is the paramount duty of the state to make ample provisions for the education of all children.” The Washington State Constitution – 1889 so...nothing new on education from you since 1889..uhm...okay.. that is promising...If I want to see a Democratic ran school system all I have to do is look at New Orleans...That is a thread all on its own...maybe next week.

ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT

We must strive to be responsible stewards of the environment, our communities, and our planet. All people, including future generations, have the right to clean air and water, uncontaminated food, and a healthy natural environment. “And cheap gas...as long as it doesn't affect the birdies and the trees...and the owls and the seals and whales...and such.”

FOREIGN POLICY

The United States should lead by example and work within the world community in a spirit of peace, cooperation, and generosity, using democratic ideals with diplomacy and mutual respect rather than force. Translated...we will kiss your ass and hope you don't continue to terrorize our friends and neighbors, and please don't make us wear those dreaded busy beards and head veils ...eewww.. who wants to make out with someone that wipes their ass with their bare hand???”

GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL REFORM

We believe that our government derives its legitimacy solely from the people. We are committed to a representative democracy that encourages maximum participation, a voting process that is legitimate, fair, transparent, (OK “FAIR AND TRANSPARENT”??? THIS SOUNDS SCARY AS HELL, how about you just let me go behind the little curtain and let me vote for whomever the hell I want?? how about that?)
and open to all citizens, (do you mean all LEGAL citizens???? because I really do wonder sometimes) and a principle that requires the responsibility of voters and those whom they elect.

HEALTH CARE

Health care is a basic human right. Our government should assure, and guarantee by law, accessible and affordable health care for all. Guaranteed by law?????WTF?? what if I don't want it??? how about you just keep the law out of my health care? How about we start there? And how about we start by offering free health care to LEGAL CITIZENS first???

We believe in establishing an ethically-based, not-for-profit health care system, serving patients and public health needs focusing on optimal patient outcomes at a cost we can afford.
Optimal hu?...at a cost we can afford? ok I read this as, “look, it is free so shut the hell up and take the damm healthcare and quit bitching and get back in line! What are you whining about, it is shorter than the bread line!”

ok, there is a lot more but to be honest I am so pissed off that I can't read further.
...enjoy

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
yup, welcome to the ridiculous world of false dichotomy politics.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
"Production of food is critical to national security. We are proud that agriculture is a leading industry in Washington State. We recognize the role of farmers as “stewards of the land,” and we support programs that ensure the availability of high-quality food, strengthen rural communities, preserve family farms and maintain the productivity of the land."

SO how did your honeycumbers, or whatever they were called sell??

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Though I am supporting Obama in this election, I refuse to register as a Democrat. Both major parties endorse way too many stupid things for me to join either of them, I always register as an independent.

Though I wouldn't mind if Sean Hannity got shipped off to a gulag very much, I hate that guy

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Though I wouldn't mind if Sean Hannity got shipped off to a gulag very much, I hate that guy

just wondering why you hate sean? what about rush or savage?

top topics

join