It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: The end of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
With so many different takes on what will happen on 2012, it's almost impossible to make a prediction. But notice that with 2012 a lot more people have claimed to have received information from an outside source?

For example, people claiming that they received messages from the future, or from aliens, or from a spiritual guide. It all doesn't make sense if ALL of these are correct. How can you have aliens say one thing, than another person receive information from a spiritual guide saying the complete opposite?

Well is it possible that 2012 will be the end of time altogether. Well actually not the end of the time, but the starting of infinite time. Right now we are on a linear based time schedule. Time is always moving forward, and never existing anywhere twice. 2012 could be the beginning of realization that time is infinite, and everything exists at once. There is no such thing as one linear timeline, but there would be one infinite timeline.

Look at it from this perspective. Time is one dimensional in the physical world. Everything happens and exists infinitely at a constant rate. Two Dimensional would be what humans have grown to create. Through thinking, memory, and technology we have a second dimension branching off of each place on the first dimension.

Memory allows the past to still exist, because it once was the present. Although the past isn't happening RIGHT now it still exists, therefor it is another disconnected timeline. Same with allowing our minds to think. By doing so, we can create new timelines in our mind, which than can be created through Technology. Technology is the final stage in our whole process.

First humans gained memory, and by remembering past events they saw how things changed. By memorizing change, new thoughts could be created. Now we have technology to further create and expand on these thoughts further. We are reaching the final stages of technology which allows an almost infinite reality based on computers. However, this form will reach an asymptote and never reach an infinite time line.

So, 2012 could possibly be the date that infinite time lines exist. This is why so many people are receiving messages based on their beliefs of the whole 2012 topic. Your mind will become your reality in the future. You think of something and it exists. Because of this, many people are slowly being brought into this new existence.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This sort of talk coincides with Mayan prophecy, Terrence McKenna's novelty theory, and if you travel around new age circles you'll hear the same thing. It is also my personal belief.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
could you just help clarify this theory a little more for me. So saying if I think that I own a spaceship, I look into my drive way to find one? Im not trying to be rude at all Im just trying to wrap my brain around this theory. What does time have to do with what we want? Thank you!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegdfather
could you just help clarify this theory a little more for me. So saying if I think that I own a spaceship, I look into my drive way to find one? Im not trying to be rude at all Im just trying to wrap my brain around this theory. What does time have to do with what we want? Thank you!

Haha, not quite. Well right now, we are still only in that one dimensional timeline. But as we slowly merge into it, the further what you do has an impact on what happens in the world. For example, I believe the lifestyle that you live, directly impacts the world around you. We live in a very violent hostile world, because most of the world thinks in that viewpoint. This is obvious because if we didn't have the hostile things in our lives, there would be no way to create that hostile environment.

If you take it a step further, and look at some of your own ways of living, then you'll find deeper examples. Basically though, it depends on the way you think, to determine your own personal life. But since we all live on the same timeline, that's why we cannot create all these infinite possibilities. If I want a peaceful environment, I cannot create this based on the fact that my timeline is everyone's timeline, so what I do is effected/corrupted by other thoughts.

But if you were to all live on an interconnected web of life, so to speak, then each person could exist, but also could create their own reality based on what they do. We'd all still exist, just not on the same timeline. So if I exist on my own experience/reality/timeline, I'll still exist in everyone elses, just my own actions don't directly effect your experience.

It's confusing, and I'll try to explain it better, but I gotta go now.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was flipping through the channels, but not to sound like one of those guys, but the idea teased me. The movie K-Pax was on, and i saw it when i was young but couldn't remember it. He's a guy in a mental hospital who claims he's from another planet blah blah blah, but at the end he describes time as something that happens over and over again, the universe expands the closes and repeats in a cycle, and everything you do you've already done and will repeat forever, so make the best decisions in life. and well I really liked that idea. But i think were still off if theres a 2012 scenario, it might not be an awakening in the idea of time.

new topics

top topics

join