It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets, Signs and the Black Budget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I came across these articles and i think they are very interesting.

“It’s a fresh approach to secret government,” Steven Aftergood, a security expert at the Federation of American Scientists in Washington, said in an interview. “It shows that these secret programs have their own culture, vocabulary and even sense of humor.”

One patch shows a space alien with huge eyes holding a stealth bomber near its mouth. “To Serve Man” reads the text above, a reference to a classic “Twilight Zone” episode in which man is the entree, not the customer. “Gustatus Similis Pullus” reads the caption below, dog Latin for “Tastes Like Chicken.”

www.nytimes.com...
www.thespacereview.com...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by abovetech]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Clockwise from top left: Ghost Squadron. For search and rescue; National Reconnaissance Office. Dragon is code for infrared imaging on advanced KH-11 satellites; Desert Prowler. May represent Groom Lake, Nev., a k a Area 51; Special Projects Office. Oversaw F-117A stealth fighter support; 4451st Test Squadron. Stealth fighters; 413th Flight Test Squadron. Possibly referring to simulated or real electronic threats against aircraft

Minotaur is a still-classified program undertaken by Lockheed Martin's Advanced Development Programs division, the Skunk Works.

The origins of this patch remain unknown. The red star is in Southwest, which is many secret units' home, while military intelligence typically uses green vaults.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't understand why this doesn't get attention??

What have i done wrong. It doesn't show up anywhere??

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Nice job.

The "behind the green door" patch is available on ebay:

cgi.ebay.com...

I like his one:

www.nytimes.com...

"The 509th Bomb Wing flew B-2 stealth bomber test flights, and used to be based at Roswell, N.M., home of the 'Roswell Incident.'"

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by senshido

Yes indeed. That one got me thinking too!!
I still have no idea why this topic doesn't get attention.
I also noticed it didn't show up on the RSS feed.
Does anyone have a clue? I would appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This one also leaves too much room for imagination.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
there is already a few threads on this , most of it is based on Trevor Paglans book.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.paglen.com...

yp.amazon.com...

i highly recomend the book, i got it when it came out , it even has an actual cloth patch on the front cover.

cheers

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by abovetech

Having been in the military, the units get to design their own patches. Sometimes the unit commander lets the unit members vote on them. I always voted for the cool ones. There is meaning in some patches while there may not be much in others. Just because there is an alien on a patch does not mean anything. Space Command patches have the Star Trek logo on them.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
if an alien on a patch doesn't mean anything than why not just use a mickey mouse head or george washington or any number of things. symbology is as old as history and the use of symbols can be very potent.

top topics

join