It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's showing advanced maneuverability

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here are a few that spring to mind...

To follow the earlier video of a UFO following a plane, here's an orb buzzing the concorde-

www.youtube.com...

An object changing shape and moving erratically ( although may be camera shake )-

www.youtube.com...

and my personal favourite, the NASA / Star wars footage-

www.youtube.com...

They've all done the rounds for years but sure they fit the category.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
One thing you really must ask yourself. Is it more important to look at the UFO you've waited your whole life to see or try to get out a camera to take a picture for some a-hole on the internet?

I only got to look at the ufo I saw for four seconds. Even if my phone at the time (2002) had a camera on it I wouldn't have had time to get a picture of it. I know I would have been kicking myself for the rest of my days if I missed it trying to fiddle with a camera.

The UFO I saw was sitting stationary in the sky and then shot away to the right, only leaving a streak of light hanging in the sky. Is that not proof that they can do some awesome manuevers because it was to me. From 0 to gone in no time flat.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
to tell you the truth i wouldn't rely on videos for UFO proof... none the less have you ever tried capturing a high speed fllying object on camera? Try catching a picture or filming an f-16 in flight... its not that easy... the best proof of UFO evidence resides with testimony from military personal, NASA employees, and Pilots... not to mention the video where a Surgeon, surgically moves implanted chips that emit radio frequencies from supposed abducties bodies.... but idk i guess UFO's are somethig you just have to see to believe...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Woops, double post...

[edit on 31/7/08 by just theory]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
uk.youtube.com...

this is one of the strangest and most authentic looking videos I've seen - the reflections in the cloud and the standstill at the end

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by meatballxl5

Thanks, some decent videos there, you just know when an object moves like in the plane videos its trying to attract attention, reminds me of the foofighters reported in WW2, its like they came to witness history and our advances in technology.

reply to post by Spoodily

reply to post by robbin_the_hood

As for the camera issues etc, sure there could be some at the time no doubt but the fact remains most ufo sightings are slow or stationary and pretty poor, you can't come to many interesting possibilities with them as they don't show much sign of being advanced craft but with objects that show advanced maneuverability we at least have something to go on, really that's the point of this thread, so camera troubles or people preferring evidence in other forms like testimony etc, is really beside the point.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Another example of erratic movement. ANZIO - ITALY - JULY 23, 2004.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sorry but its clearly a sign of erratic camera shaking!

Seriously you can see the tree leaves move in sync and really it makes no sense for a ufo to move in a shaky way, if we had the tech we wouldn't randomly dart back and forth a few meters, it just wouldn't make sense, so that goes for any ufo videos showing similar movements you can put it down to camera shake.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by just theory

My thoughts exactly...but did remind me of this classic..

ca.youtube.com...

On finding that, came across this similar one..

ca.youtube.com...

Balloons caught in thermals or intelligently controlled spheres?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Those videos aren't bad, they look pretty authentic and show some interesting movements, the second one is good because it shows just how much shake a person filming can have as they've tried to stabilise the ufo and clouds to the video frame, thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Seriously you can see the tree leaves move in sync and really it makes no sense for a ufo to move in a shaky way, if we had the tech we wouldn't randomly dart back and forth a few meters, it just wouldn't make sense,

I tend to believe these videos that "don't make sense" are real. A few centuries ago, who would believe you could fly in an apparatus ending in an inverted flame, pointing down? Everyone knew that flames go up, not down, and the only way to fly is by flapping wings. Who would believe that the lowest energy path to the Moon is shaped like an 8, not the straight line? Everyone knew that the straight path is the shortest, therefore the best one.

so that goes for any ufo videos showing similar movements you can put it down to camera shake.

The Tallahassee 2005 video and this Italian video show motions not in sync with the foliage IMHO. There are 3 independent motions, camera, leaves and UFO. I wonder why no right angle turn is ever seen in videos. They get reported often, but have never been filmed apparently.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
I tend to believe these videos that "don't make sense" are real. A few centuries ago, who would believe you could fly in an apparatus ending in an inverted flame, pointing down? Everyone knew that flames go up, not down, and the only way to fly is by flapping wings. Who would believe that the lowest energy path to the Moon is shaped like an 8, not the straight line? Everyone knew that the straight path is the shortest, therefore the best one.

Is that really what you believe?

See... en.wiktionary.org...

The best way to approach any ufo evidence is on a case by case basis and its best not to let personal belief or wishful thinking overrule logic and reason and what the evidence shows, now everyone's entitled to their beliefs and opinions but it doesn't make them right, reasonable or realistic.

The video looks real in the sense that a light is in the sky, what it is is unknown so ill call it a ufo but that doesn't mean alien or anything interesting, its probably a flare, lantern, star or any other number of normal things, i don't argue with that, so the video looks real in that sense.

However when it comes to the movements we see some serious camera shaking and luckily we have the foreground leaves matching up with the movements of the ufo, the slight difference is only one of light levels, the ufo being bright shows the shaking more clearly because of its brightness and trails compared to the dark leaves, theres really no arguing with it, the shaking is a result of the person filming and the same goes for videos showing similar movements but without any frame of reference, check out this video from meatballxl5 which has been stabilized and shows just how bad a persons shaking can appear when zoomed.

ca.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Is that really what you believe?

I don't have beliefs, only pet theories.
Truth is often stranger than fiction, and no hoaxer would make a fake UFO move like a moth. Because it's unbelievable. Many credible UFO reports mention crazy flight patterns however.

See... en.wiktionary.org...

Please. I don't know what the videos show... that's why they are UFOs. We are not talking about facts here, only speculating. These videos are not good evidence of anything. I am a very reasonable person. Try reading some of my posts, you will be surprised. For example I did some parallax calculations to debunk the STS-75 "mile wide" UFOs on ATS. I like your skepticism. I agree with you actually, the least hypothesis is the most reasonable assumption. But it may not be the correct one.

However when it comes to the movements we see some serious camera shaking and luckily we have the foreground leaves matching up with the movements of the ufo, the slight difference is only one of light levels, the ufo being bright shows the shaking more clearly because of its brightness and trails compared to the dark leaves, theres really no arguing with it, the shaking is a result of the person filming and the same goes for videos showing similar movements but without any frame of reference, check out this video from meatballxl5 which has been stabilized and shows just how bad a persons shaking can appear when zoomed.

Yes, well done stabilisation. It shows the erratic path of the UFO very well. Unless the UFO is very small and less than a few inches away, normal camera shake is not going to make it move like that against the clouds in the background. Near the end of the Tallahassee video you can see even faster random movements. Unless the leaves on the tree are very close to the camera, (and they are not, as seen in the wide angle view before that) parallax does not explain them. OK, it's my opinion, there's no way to be 100% positive without knowing the distances and actual motion of the camera.

[edit: spelling]

[edit on 2008-8-2 by nablator]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Fair enough but my conclusion is camera shake, its the most likely and theres visible evidence for it with the leaves, theres not much more i can see in the video, its an unknown light so ill call it a ufo but its probably a flare or something.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Radar cases can also provide evidence to the incredible performance displayed by UFO's.

Radar Cases

Some of these craft are detected performing maneuvers that would instantly kill any human occupant. Unless of course if one could somehow eliminate the G-forces the pilot has to endure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join