It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Caucus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've been reading some good things about the Democratic Caucus and I thought I'd add some links here for those who are interested. I feel very positive about Obama's place in the Democratic party and their respect and response to him.

Representative John Larson, vice chairman of the Democratic Caucus, says Obama was impressive in an hour in which House Democrats asked questions about his recent overseas trip and U.S. energy policy. "This being a moment when we have to seize the opportunity to put forward the kind of comprehensive energy policy that we are going to need to address the concerns of the country."

Jim Clyburn, the Democratic Majority Whip, said Obama also reflected on the key points he tried to communicate to an estimated 200-thousand people who heard him speak in Germany. "That to me was a seminal moment in his talk today, the fact that he is symbolic of what people want to see this country do in reclaiming its moral authority [in the world]."

Obama Confers with Congressional Democrats

House Democratic Caucus Chairman Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.) said he was looking forward to the day when the occupant of the White House would sign a stem cell research bill into law, give 10 million additional children health care coverage under the Children's Health Insurance Program, and end the war in Iraq.

But Democratic aides said the loudest applause came when Obama discussed his trip through the Middle East, Afghanistan and Europe, and Democratic leaders hailed a new era when American leadership is respected abroad.

Thrills on the Hill

“Not larger government, but responsible government, honest government and efficient government.’’
He also said the United States has to invest more in its physical infrastructure and has to be fiscally disciplined to revive the economy.
Those at the caucus said Obama called for an energy policy that concentrates on new sources and on more drilling. But Democrats say some 83 million acres of government land and offshore acreage is already available for drilling and hasn’t been utilized by oil and gas companies.

Obama: Emphasize Responsible Government

In his first meeting with the U.S. House of Representatives' House Democratic caucus since clinching the Democratic nomination, U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) said he believed all of the excitement among Europeans on his recent trip overseas was not about him, but about the symbol he's become of returning America to values the world can believe in, members of Massachusetts' congressional delegation who attended the meeting told PolitickerMA.com.

Obama: European Excitement Not about Me, but Returning American Values

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Now INVEST means more spending. What programs will he cut in order to invest more in infrastructure's?
Most of his new initiative means bigger government.
When did he start to agree we need more drilling?
The European thing don't mean a thing. Once he has to take action on Iran or Pakistan by himself, you can kiss the European excitement goodbye. Guess I might be excited too if there was free beer and concert.

An energy policy? Why do they, Congress, have to wait till the next President takes office to pass legislation. This is the problem with our system. They are scratching each other's back. That was what the whole meeting was about. What they have to do for each other in order to get Democrats elected. This just goes to show that politicians don't care, they just want your vote. If Obama or McCain were true they would have got Congress to pass an energy bill since the first day they started running for President. Instead they leave us suffering while they play the blame game. They are all to blame.

Instead of the Dem and Rep caucus, it should be called the how we will screw the voters caucus. Cause that is exactly what they are doing.

new topics

join