It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratfor: China Heading for Crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
China is in no way as depicted via the West. If you think the people listen to Beijing guess again. Making the RMB is king and the Chinese are not poor.

In some ways Beijing has to clamp down or they would be seen as being weak. Though they are afraid of their own shadow and will use force and re-education through labor on any perceived threat real or imagined. Which shows their paranoia in leadership.

There are a couple of factors that do keep the people from going bonkers on Beijing. One is the fact that they are taught from birth to not be independent but rely on everyone else. This leads to a lack of self preservation, they will walk out in front of oncoming traffic believing they will not get run over because the driver is looking out for them (they have the highest death rate on the highways of all the countries in the world). Secondly, making RMB takes first place above all else.

If you were to class people as either wolves or sheep, the Chinese are sheep to the max. They will just walk into the slaughterhouse if told to and not ask any questions. Those that do question are quickly dealt with.

China's real problem or as one might say fear is the collapse of the housing and mortgage market. They hold around 1.2 trillion dollars in various bad debt portfolios. Should the dollar tank, they take a hard hit and are left holding an empty sack. So don't be thinking they are just setting by and waiting for the crash...NOT. They are dumping the dollar at 130 million a day plus pumping the worthless dollar onto 3rd world countries as fast as they can. They have been doing that since 2005. They might not come out smelling like a rose but it will be a flower none the less.

Couple this with the fact that Europe is the #1 consumer of Chinese products you can rest assured the CPC is here to stay. Besides, China imports European goods at a rate that should make Washington jealous. The CIAers are looking at a small fraction of the on going issues in China.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

Ok, first off great post.

Secondly though I take issue with this:

It's the old law of gravity: what goes up, must come down and often in direct proportion to its velocity.

Did you know that gravity has a constant rate of acceleration? Drop two balls, one wieghing 20 lbs, the other weighing 500 lbs. They fall at the same rate.

Figured I'd point that out... but good post nonetheless :-)

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

to be totally honest people, havent all the governments been set up just to break down, the only difference between east and west is that the west has so much beauracratic bull**** to cover up most of what really goes on, for example all these banks in the US and UK goin bust lately, how the hell do a dozen banks in different countries just go bust seemingly over night? an theres very little real information that the everyday news viewer would even understand on reports, everyone just sits around and says its slightly troubling, no-one would know what hit them if something bad were to happen soon, which i would bet my last (and very much reduced in value) dollar will.
peace and love

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Honestly. China did very horrible things to the Tibetan People. They did so much harm, I truly believe it's Bad Karma at work at the moment. If Your going to shrew "Bad" Karma, It's going to come back somehow, whether your like it or not, it comes back in all sorts of form.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gs001
Such China-collapse theory kept on for several decades,
but China is still the most vigorous and fastest growing economy,
and Chinese people are the most optimistic people.
I suggest you guys: instead of staying in your home being brainwashed
by your "free" media, pay a visit to China, you will find China is
quite different from what your "free" media tell you.

welcome to Beijing for Olympics.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by gs001]

Good post

I would like to add that the average person in china is 100 times more motivated to educate themselves and clearly work harder than most americans. We need to be very clear, Americans are going to have to work even harder to get through this little transformation period of the next decade.

furthermore, I am not sure about the type of people on these forums, it might be skewed due to the investigative nature of the members. However, I know a lot of my friends and co-works have not read a good ol' fashion book to learn something since college/high school. I am not talking harry potter. I am talking about a book on science, a book on nutrition, a book on disease, a book on survival. It is just the same old "extra tv show" some hollywood glamor mag. It is just sad.

Back to the topic, oh I think the Chinese will riot it is just that their government will just kill them in cold blood right out in the streets and then kick them in the ditch to make an example out of them.
C1

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Caliwowly1

So, by your standard, Americans are doomed to fall behind competitively with the Chinese because

A) We Work less hard, even though the average American works more hours per week than any other Westernized nation on the planet?

B) We haven't read any books since college, and books as defined by you being on topics of nutrition, science and survival? So I'm guessing that David Copperfield, or War and Peace or Catcher in the Rye, or even, shall I dare say, such pulp trash as Red Mars, Green Mars and Blue Mars or Infinite Jest (all of which I read this year) are rubbish, brain hemmoraging garbage that adds nothing to the human condition?

Okay, just checking...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
you guys haven't learned your lesson yet, you want to believe what the CIA has to say? The same branch of government that is invlove in espionoge, sabotoge of a country that it deem as a threat to their economy or just plain jealous of progressive country.
No one trust the CIA anymore, wake up and smell the stench of what your government was and is doing now. They will get what coming to them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join