It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: Should ATS have its own t.v channel Yes (flag) No (dont flag)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There is much in the works behind the scenes...

Springer...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank god, because what's out there isn't far enough.

Go bold or go home.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

sorry deaf alien i didnt know you created something similar. i used the search engine but couldnt find anything.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
ohh I got a great idea! get webcams for the MIX shows! what will that cost? some free editing software 6 webcams. The talent is obviously already there. You just got ATSTV!

Even better yet! hidden webcams in Springer, SO, and Simon's offices! with a digital display of what thread they are reading so that we can all see the reaction when they read really silly threads!

[edit on 7/31/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That would be cool.You have my vote

But, a tv channel on the Net in some place like youtube.You need total control of what you broadcast and at the same time generate some revenue with the "ad sense" ads.

An alien (made with some 3d software) as in the presentator role and only the most relevant news/stories.It's just an idea...

That could be fun.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good idea but there is probably not enough material for a TV channel.
I mean, when it comes to UFO documentaries, what could be done that hasn't been done before?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First it would become bombarded by political critics then forced into political bias by funding. You would see that it didn't offer topical discussions as wide in variety as the inet because of the ability of storage.

This gets dull because we don't upgrade our education. Thus the world events are predictable and not as note worthy. Ingenius is wasted because everyone has there own cure for a given situation.
T.V. is mono-faceted, call-in, it's only live link, one show, one special guest, and perhaps, and usually, a taped interveiw with the public. T. V. must be guarded, so that even though the content is not explicit, if it cuts against moral lines then you'll be censured,..boring, nothing different. No, don't do it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

ooo thats a teaser Springer if ever I have heard one. You have me interested as well as hundreds of others im sure.

When will we get to know about these things in the works??

Best of luck to you (in whatever venture), this is a great site and I think the masses should be able to access more of it on a wider scale.

(Truth be told subject matter like whats on this site should be in the bloody curriculum in my opinion! However unlikely that would be)!!

A quarterly magazine would be my favorite choice along with some topical video programs from the site.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No matter what comes next, you've got to understand that the ATS crew is working with what they have. If you actually knew what went in to the making of justone ATS Mix, BTS Mix, or AP Show, you'd have a different perspective on the matter. THAT is why your individual support is so necessary.

If you guys blogged and talked about the ATS shows on a large scale, you'd generate more "attention" for these shows than the Amigos could buy with the resources they've got.

If you stepped up to contribute content, when asked, you'd provide stuff that's "better" than anything they could buy. If you stop and think about this....the success of this effort and any future video/T.V. stuff depends on your involvement. If you help make this work, he money will come TO the Amigos...on its own.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This could be a top program on network television... I would watch it!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
I got this idea from this thread in the link below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but i think why stop at having a ATS newspaper i think it would be great if ATS had its own t.v channel.

If you think yes ( flag)

if you think no ( Dont flag )

Just curious...how many NO votes did you receive for this topic?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I can only assume that would be the page views, against the flags

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could see ATS making documentary's of some of our topics, but I don't think a weekly show would work at all.

No flag from me.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
For the members saying it would cost a massive amount of money.

If you do it strictly on the web, then it wouldn't cost THAT much money. (But, the money has to come from somewhere.)

If you wanted it professional but cheap.

- A couple of DV cams off Ebay
- Vegas Video (For video editing and text)
- Adobe Photoshop (Image editing and text)
- A server with unmetered bandwidth on a 100mb pipe

All for under $10k...

But again, that money has to come from somewhere. I just had to throw that in because they said it would take too much money.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree.

ATS Should have it's own TV station.

Only problem is that i live in the UK ( only sensible god fearing rule breaking country). Can it be made available on the Internet?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A long time ago I recommended using video podcast technology when it was just becoming
available. Now it has almost become a household necessity for getting past the MSM sanitized
versions of entertainment base news.

As we can see from most other MSM broadcasts, the subject is still broken down into
brief, to the point story lines.

As much as some people may wish to view a more conventional ATS cable channel, the cost to do so and the FCC restrictions, licensing etc. may be difficult to recoup unless you are planning
to build a business model around CT and UFO related advertising.

Doing so presents you with a problem of credibility.

A cable channel would make it more difficult, though not impossible to defend meaningful
stories against the stigma of the typical tin foil hat ridicule.
So you would have to be careful to not reinforce this ridicule with guests who tend to attract
that kind of ridicule.

I really don't have a clear answer because it all depends on what you want to make of it.

I do feel a need for some credible version of a disclosure project but you're walking a very thin
line if you provide too much ammunition for the debunkers.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It would be cool if like, we could be interviewed and voice our beliefs on tv; I guess.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think they would try if they knew enough people would watch it in order to get enough advertisements to pay it off. but what if, so to say, one person who didn't know about ats clicked on it and was like... "jesus christ..." and kept on watching, then spread the word. And all of those government conspiracies that we here on ats believe start to spread... suddenly out of know where, the channel can't 'afford' itself -- right when it starts to get big.
tehee.

i think it'd be agreat idea though. And then we can come on here and talk about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
YES, this is a great idea. good luck with the media control though, and government lockout, if the show got big i would seriously tend to worry a bit, about the people who make the show lol

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There's no reason you cannot create a YouTube/Above Top Secret.com Channel
to post some really juicy tidbits of information.

Otherwise, you can just add server space and build a library of Podcasts here on your home site.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

1712 views against 139 flags is only 8.1% of a yes vote!!

Given the OP said flag or no flag - views would therefore mean all voters!!

Not very popular given that this thread has been open long enough for a good showing. The low views is evidence enough of the general thinking on the matter, IMHO.

Monthly or quarterly magazine sold in main stream possibly. T.v. media outlay, I just cannot see how ATS could generate such revenues, even through growth or advertising revenues to explore or maintain a t.v. generated focus for too long.

These things usually have a shelf life that wilts quickly. Stick to the internet theme - its a proven success, and with increased internet speed and easier online conferencing etc. in the next couple of years can expand the zone of comfort, therefore holding out for this may be worth the wait!! Expand the ATS online experience before venturing outwards and risking both avenues!

My 2 bob.

Breifne

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join