It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meteor over melbourne australia????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
ok. my dad just told me that at 11pm this HUGE meteor flashed over melbourne and people all over Victoria have seen it. EXCEPT ME. I am really pissed because at 11pm i was freakin working and missed this awesome event. i am the only kid i know who actually spends most of my free time looking up and learning about things like this and i bloody missed it.
if ANYONE has any photo's/video's of this PLEASE upload them somewhere and link me!

anything would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My best guess is that it is part of the Perseid meteor showers.
Go out tonight and over the next few nights and you will more than likely see quite a few. The peak is supposed to be on 12/08/08.

I saw a huge one on Monday night driving home. (Brisbane) I nearly crapped myself until I remembered the Perseids.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
man thanks for the info ill be out there with my cam for a few nights i reckon lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Be sure to post the pics if you get any good ones
Ant

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevo351
i am the only kid i know who actually spends most of my free time looking up and learning about things like this and i bloody missed it.

I'm sorry, but that was damn well funny!!!

I know what you are saying tho, I just got a new lens kit for my telescope, had that one clear night, in which I realized the tele needed collumating (a daytime thing to be proper), and not ONE clear night since in over a week now !!!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I was out on Saturday night and again on Wednesday night and saw at least 15 meteors but didn't realise it was the persiods. Good to know. And such awesome clear nights in SE QLD at the moment for star and meteor gazing. I'll be out tonight with my camera also!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stevo351

can i just say that i was on the phone to my mum when this happened. i didnt see it though she was outside and told me what she was seeing. spewing i missed it too!

top topics

join