It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Stuff like this on the site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

APOLLO 10 GETS GLIMPSE OF AN EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL MONOLITH IN SPACE
LATER A SECRET MILITARY SPACE SHUTTLE RETRIEVES THE SPACE BEACON
By Richard Boylan, Ph.D. � 1998

I just had some time to read threw some of the garbage that is in the ET section on this site.

What gives? this is obviously a fraud. Why would it actually be given space on the site ?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is a 'conspiracy' site correct?
I'm sure the early days of ATS were pretty intense in such 'conspiracy' angles.
Perhaps this article was mentioned or made because NASA is definitely hiding information or not declassifying all that they know?

Just some thoughts.

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
not to be rude or anything but..

why make a thread like this to bring up something like that?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Perhaps this article was mentioned or made because NASA is definitely hiding information or not declassifying all that they know?

seekerof

Just because NASA is keeping some information classified does not mean there is a conspiracy that needs to be created about it. I do not expect NASA to decassify all the information they have.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Unproven conspiracy theory is the name of the game on this board. Those that put content on the site obviously do not go around sleuthing for the answers and most usually the answers are not there to be found. I wouldn't worry about it. Form your own opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Because if anyone read the actual "article" you would realize how insane it is and preposturous.

I just feel that it was some misguided individual and if anyone actually believes that we sent a shuttle up in 1972 to retrieve an Alien Monolith and then brought it back to earth to study it in an underwater doom, thinking "water" is a good anti-cosmic ray medium THEY must be wacko.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If ETs are coming here, what would be so crazy about it? If you make enough assumptions you can debunk anything. Which is circular reasoning and does nothing to solve the deeper mysteries around us.

While I do not think the article has merit either, saying its existence on the site discredits the board is wrong. If you allow it to then those that seek to provide disinformation have won and kept you ignorant.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
many things are thought of as insane and preposterous, doesn't mean there are not possible.
I'm not speaking specifically of this article, but who's to judge for everyone? no one, everyone makes their own judgement, so just let it slide.

my thing is why do people start new threads to discuss another thread, when they could just comment in the existing thread

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
umm... if you look at alot of threads on this site, they don't belong here (according to your reasoning). "Just because you don't understand doesn't mean it doesn't make no sense, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it ain't no good." (Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't Bring Me Down)

So, you gonna start an even more irrelevant post for each thing that YOU don't like to see on this site? Go back to watching FOX News and CNN. I found the article intriguing! So what if YOU think it's bunk... there was alot of stuff I thought was bunk until I found out better. Jeez...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There are more insane theories than that still in there as well, hehe....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
"Just because you don't understand doesn't mean it doesn't make no sense, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it ain't no good."

And you wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch!

Right man, if you don't like it, don't read it.

DC

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ATS still is a conspiracy site...right? I don't know. after the slashdot article, it sure seems like ATS doesn't want to sound like a conspiracy site anymore. so what IS this site now?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
HAHAHA!!! DC, you never cease to amaze me! At least I can be confident that SOMEONE gets it

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
oops, i meant to Quote MorningtonCrescent..and
the ?Whats ATS Now??

my guess, ? micro-cosm of America?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, i'm going back to vote either a 1 or 2
on this thread...and see how long & how low
it can survive!!!

i paraphrase THE NEO Viva! la Differance

&&&&&&&&

'Plan 9 from Outer Space" is one of my favorites,

it too is ?absurd?....So-o-o-o-o?!?

enjoy the journey

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yes MC, sure sounds like things are being taken at face value with the slashdot story, and its like almost all seem to agree with what the scientists had to offer as explanations,Im just not buying into what they offered up, I feel to much goes untold.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
ATS still is a conspiracy site...right? I don't know. after the slashdot article, it sure seems like ATS doesn't want to sound like a conspiracy site anymore. so what IS this site now?

It is a conspiracy site. But the goal is to discern the truth within existing theories. To Deny Ignorance!

In order to separate the fact from the fiction, they both need to be available. With all the debate over these issues, I think we can all come to concensus on various issues, thereby uncovering that which is hidden.

"The best place to hide the [truth] is between two [lies]." -Egregiously distorted from Sun Tsu (Sorry, man)

DeltaChaos

top topics

join