It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alzheimer's Cure hailed as 'biggest breakthrough against disease for 100 years"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Alzheimer's Cure hailed as 'biggest breakthrough against disease for 100 years"

www.dailymail.co .uk

A new drug halts the devastating progress of Alzheimer’s disease, say British scientists.

It is said to be more than twice as effective as current treatments.

A daily capsule of rember, as the drug is known, stops Alzheimer’s disease progressing by as much as 81 per cent, according to trial results.

Patients with the brain disorder had no significant decline in their mental function over a 19-month period.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This great
Absolutley GREAT , Alzheimers does not effect my family but im very happy for the millions of familys it does effect
Thank you to all the scientists who made this wonderfull drug

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Unfortunately, people get to the point where you don't want to slow the disease down. It's kind of a quality of life issue. Do you really want to delay a disease when the person is curled up in a the fetal position 24/7? Don't get me wrong, IF caught early, I think this drug could help to have older people, giving them a good quality life, without the interuptions that this disease brings. I think its great news, unfortunately, its too little too late for my situation.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Wow, that's real breakthrough. Again I don't know anyone effected by the disease but I'm sure this will be great news for a lot of people. Kudos to the scientists.

Next stop, total cure!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

That's very good news and I hope they get the drug through more longer trials and safety issues. Alzheimer's is a cruel disease because who wants to forget their loved ones or their history. We need more people like these scientist that are working to improve life. Rember available by 2012. Funny how that date just keeps popping up.
Thanks OP for the news.

new topics

top topics

join