It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF your God told you to kill yourself, would you?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Thank you for the explenation on what is written. However I think ´the creator´ (if there was ´a creator´) should be mentioned not male nor female, but non gender.

Being kinda feministic, it makes me kinda sick that them holy books always speak about 'Him'. I just can not take that serious.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I agree. The creator of both masculine and feminine cannot be just one or the other.

Too bad our language doesnt deal with that eventuality having both sexes in one eh?

sarc

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Theres an Aussie movie called Dannie Deckchair this is an example of, yet much less disasterous.

Good movie - doesn't want to take off without his tinnies =)

*** My personal thoughts are that god is the force that allows creation.

It doesn't go out of it's way to create, enhance, enlighten, modify or help.

In my experience, people that go to church do so for a reason. They feel guilty. Like many people I know of that #ed their constituents over, or my great uncle who parachuted into Europe after serving in Africa and Asia(who I presume took many lives).

God is existence and does not prefer any special groupings - aka religion.

Religion is something that God is not - a force to coerce.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by seenitall]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daemonicsoul

Originally posted by daemonicsoul
God within me or my spirit is showing me through my life experience and my spirit guide in my dreams how to make a philosphers stone. But no voice from heaven yet
or in my conscious head
. Im just hoping and believing it will work. its similar to orogone but im making it broadcast using a spherical natural magnet, capicitor(final freq=432), resister(copper), gold wire wrapped in a coil(been shown 3 layers but i gotta do the math or base by cap and resistance off that to achiieve 432freq) around a crystal thats been aligned or maybe sytheticly grown, and a mercury switch so when the crystal points up it turns on. also ive been experimenting with olive oil as a suspension base and am still trying to figure out a container unless i can get the oil solid enough. anyone with any comments message me. Anything anyones learned through history or themselves about the stone im willing to hear.

Its mainly my belief that what weve created so far from the earth is just a fraction of what we can achieve.

NO, no, no my friend. You are doing it all wrong & with the wrong tools as well!!

"Before Chemistry was a science, there was Alchemy. One of the supreme quests of alchemy is to transmute lead into gold. Lead (atomic number 82) and gold (atomic number 79) are defined as elements by the number of protons they possess. Changing the element requires changing the atomic (proton) number. The number of protons cannot be altered by any chemical means. However, physics may be used to add or remove protons and thereby change one element into another. Because lead is stable, forcing it to release three protons requires a vast input of energy, such that the cost of transmuting it greatly surpasses the value of the resulting gold."

Your correct instructions, sir.

chemistry.about.com...

Ty

HYP

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by HypnoAsp

No I wouldn't. Because it isn't what an omnipotent Creator would want. Creator created mankind, animalkind, insectkind, what have you, for a reason. Granted, those reasons seem to be, for the most part, violence, hate, and fear. That is the one thing I haven't been able to figure out for myself. If this Creator truly loved it's creations, why would it program the most ugly of all things into it's creations? Hate, violence. Ok, the old testament is pretty full of this, but the new testament says that Love is the new covenant from God. Love. So where is the love? Why didn't Creator program this one thing into it's creations? It seems to be what Creator is aiming for, but it forgot one thing. It didn't program love into the creations. What do you get out of life? Death. Be it natural, unnatural, accidental, self-inflicted, imposed upon, mass. Love is missing from the creation. Death, in all it's myriad forms, is more than represented. Creator needs to do a check-up with itself. If it truly wants love to be the way of the future, it needs to do a quick tune-up of it's creations.

Obviously someone else ,like myself who can not stop the whirring gerbils in his head. All I can say, is "Yes, exactly." I feel that deep down EVERYONE knows this. They may not be aware of it as the best secrets are the ones we keep from ourselves. It's constantly vieing for our attention. It's that gut wrenching uneasy feeling we get of which we cannot pin point the cause.

Great response, Hyp

reply to post by sdrawkcabII

"You know what urks me about that? Think about this, God, the all knowing, the supreme, the omniscient being, the almighty, the boss of the boss wants to test your faith to know something? Why? Why does God want to know anything? He already knows. What does he want to know? How strong your faith is? Why? He is supposed to know this. He tested job, but why? Why test someone when you already know? And, it's not like you believe...this is God we're talking about, when he knows something, he knows something.

On another note. Why would God want you to kill yourself? Maybe he doesn't want you in Heaven. I mean, he obviously doesn't know everything, and if that's the case, it's quite possible that he can be crazy as well...not so? Just trying to make a point. My point is, the Bible is like wikipedia...you can't really go with what it says because it's a big name in the "knowledge business." "

Lol, your gerbils meet my gerbils, or will that be too much noise? It's great to see some real "thinkers" and not your "run of the mill" trolls..

Hyp

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Ok I'm not a christian but I am a believer, and I have never talked to God or heard God or seen God So if he actually came down and told me then I would know that he exsists and would obey his every command, FOR SURE

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Why would G-d ask someone to kill themselves when He could kill you at will? It just doesn't make any sense. If G-d wanted you dead, you would be dead. No asking, just "poof" your dead.

Well its called faith. God asked Moses if he feard God. And Moses told him yes. And God told him to prove it by killing his own son. And Moses took his son to the top of a moutain to kill his son. God stoped him before he did it
He had proven his fears to God.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

You know what urks me about that? Think about this, God, the all knowing, the supreme, the omniscient being, the almighty, the boss of the boss wants to test your faith to know something? Why? Why does God want to know anything? He already knows. What does he want to know? How strong your faith is? Why? He is supposed to know this. He tested job, but why? Why test someone when you already know? And, it's not like you believe...this is God we're talking about, when he knows something, he knows something.

On another note. Why would God want you to kill yourself? Maybe he doesn't want you in Heaven. I mean, he obviously doesn't know everything, and if that's the case, it's quite possible that he can be crazy as well...not so? Just trying to make a point. My point is, the Bible is like wikipedia...you can't really go with what it says because it's a big name in the "knowledge business."

Yes you are so right. Why would god need us to do anything. He dosent need any proof of ouer faith. He already knows it by knowing ouer soul.

All this stuff about testing faith and so on is just a human made up thing. We are the once who are need of everything. God is not needy of enything.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well, I would already kill myself if my li'l sister's rat asked me to do so.

But if God wanted to, I couldn't refuse right? I mean, he gave it, so he can have it back. And if I refused I might regret it...

Why did you say it is so bad to kill someone if that person is supposed to go to heaven or hell anyways? I mean, you don't care to die if you are a good person that obeys God's commandments because you will go to heaven. And if you are a bad person, why wouldn't you be killed? I mean, if you go to hell it doesn't matter if dying is added to the stack of your suffering.

Believe me, if the bible said killing myself would guarantee me to go to heaven I'd have died months ago. And if killing oneself wouldn't affect your eternal destiny I'd kill myself as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
well, let's consider the fine people of masada....
they were being overtaken by the romans, had no way out, and well, they chose to commit murder/suicide rather than live under rome's rule. there's also some evidence susposedly that mary and barabbis (son of the rabbi, Jesus' son) was within this compound. it's possible that they were somehow smuggled out and taken to france, or someplace in europe.
so, did God tell these people to kill themselves? those christians that were fed to the lions, did they not in essence kill themselves when they chose to ignore society's wishes and followed their beliefs instead? there seems to be a fine line between what is your typical suicide and what is considered to be a "maytyr".

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
" Free Will " is me making that decision not GOD. So if "GOD" asked me to kill myself I would have to say no unless it meant saving my child's life in some way. For me, the only voices I hear in my head is my own.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ok first of all god would never do that

but if he does, i want to know the reason why!!!!!!!!!!!

then maybe i would

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
First you answer this question then I will answer whether I would follow the instructions. How do you know it is your God. What validation method do you use? How do you authenticate the identity of God?

Your question is based upon an unfounded assumption, that you know god on sight.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
omg now its realy religious in here, ::sniff sniff:: something smells!.

first off i would be a fool to beleive in one (literal) devine being named god, and if i ever did beleive for a second, i would definatiely kill myself for a life of being someone elses servant or b*%* and a wastefull life.

if any of you members of ats read the threads there is more and more proof disproving the existence of the christian god, i mean aleister crowley pointed out the fact that jesus was taken from the egytion god horus, who became the biggest champion in northern egypt after defeating set, so ramble on with this crazy orthodox talk(wich is why ppl do stupid things like god told them to kill themselves or there babys), find a purpose in life for yourself and rely on yourself and u wont have this problem lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HypnoAsp

I would like to say first of all I personally don't believe that God told this priest to do this. I think it was his misguided effort.

Remember just because one claims to know of God does not mean he knows God personally, I knew of Abraham Lincoln but did not have a personal relationship with him.

As for me my God give me grace mercy and salvation. I will one day be in His presence in all His glory. God asked me only to return love, forgiveness and light to a dark world. In fact God keep me around so I can witness of Him for He does not want any to perish. God has shown me truth, purpose, and why I was created. He fills me so I can then pour out that love to the world.

If I were to lose my life for my God it would only be so others could find salvation and it would be by the hand of the enemy.

Remember we all live and die for something. A gang member dies for drugs, his street and other stupid reasons. Others die for fame, money and success. What ever you live for becomes your god and that will be what you died for any ways.

So is what your living for worth dieing for? And is what your going to die for worth living?

I believe God is worth living and dieing for because He is eternal and He is my creator, my source of life, my final destination, and my perfect love.

Alex

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join