It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Blew Up Donated Bodies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
��Seven cadavers donated to Tulane University's medical school were sold to the Army and blown up in land mine experiments��

�The anatomical services company sold seven cadavers to the Army for between $25,000 and $30,000, said Chuck Dasey, a spokesman for the Army's Medical Research and Materiel Command in Fort Detrick, Maryland. The bodies were blown up in tests on protective footwear against land mines at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio.�

Story at CNN.com

I wanted to post this in the "Conspiracies in Spiritualism and Religion" forum just to see the reaction...

Anyway, thought someone might like to know.
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Would you want your son marching thru a minefield wearing military footwear tested on mice....
I didnt think so
They have to make the these experiments realistic here people. Whats everyone so upset over. It was either that or have their brain in a jar for a bunch of 18 years to freak out on. I know I took general bio 1 in college. I know what it means to "donate your body to science". Id rather be blown up in a military experiment than have my head in a jar.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Don't kill the messenger. I just bring the info. Since the cadaver thing is an issue right now, I thought people might want to know more about it.

Being a veteran, I can tell you that I certainly don't mind realistic testing. I can also tell you that land mine experiments aren't the only thing they're using donated cadavers for.

Relax brother,
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
DeltaChaos, someone already made this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
directing that at you........ haha
Everyone seems to be mortified by this. It was in the paper and people are freaking out. I dont think its a big deal. When someone donates themselves to science, its not ever pretty. I just dont know what these people are thinking it means.
Kris

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
That boolean search utility doesn't work so well after all. Or maybe I'm just a dolt.

*pukes on shoes with embarrasment*
DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think land mine tests are science anyway. Military science.

I don't think a hundred years from now we'll be to worried about what cadavers are used for. We'll be eating them or using them for fuel or something.

Whatever, just stop letting dead people take up space. I don't know, my personal views on death preclude any emotion on the topic.

DC

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Cemetaries are such a waste of space...I figure at some point the general population will figure that one out.
Hey I wouldnt donate myself to "general science" but I wouldnt mind if they blew me up for good reason!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What is disturbing, is the fact that a company sold these cadavers, for 25 or 30 k- where these bodies "donated"? How does the company procure these cadavers..? Tulane gets them free and another company profits?
What a business- selling cadavers to the US Army.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
What is disturbing, is the fact that a company sold these cadavers, for 25 or 30 k- where these bodies "donated"? How does the company procure these cadavers..? Tulane gets them free and another company profits?
What a business- selling cadavers to the US Army.

Yeah. The cadavers are donated by the individual. I know the UofU pays about $100 to the individual donating, but that's not much. Most places don't pay anything for the dead.

Then to turn around and sell those bodies for 20-30K. Woah. Infinite profit margin!

DC

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Man .. sign me up... its kind of like a modern day Viking funeral... I agree with the other posters in that graveyards are a collossal waste.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
Man .. sign me up... its kind of like a modern day Viking funeral... I agree with the other posters in that graveyards are a collossal waste.

Why on Earth would you want your dead body to be shipped out to a demo field somewhere and blown up by boot camps laughing their ass of at you? I think it's sick. # that.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
There was a similar 'scandal' in Europe about 8yrs
ago. Basically, cadavers were obtained on a regular
basis for use as 'real crash test dummies', by major
Europ' based car makers.
S.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have two sides to those issue. First there's the religious side that says, that's just wrong. Second, there's the science side that says, let's just hope they took out reusable organs. It's a good thing I'm not that religious huh? There are over 6 Billion people in this world, we've gotta get rid of the dead some how. Everyone wants to be buried, I for one, am going to get cremated.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
25-30K to use a real cadaver? Did anyone else see that MythBusters on Discovery channel a few weeks ago where they tested some guy's theory on how human sacrifices were performed by Incans? To test it out, they used realistic models created by some company that manufactures models of human bodies, complete with bones, organs, etc.. Why? They sell them to the military for exactly these kind of tests. I figured that these models were expensive, but not more than 25K....

Either these models cost more than real bodies or they just don't react to landmines the way a real body does.

new topics

top topics

join