It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Jet Pack Unveiled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Jessica O'Neil - AHN
Oshkosh, WI (AHN) - Hundreds of fans and flight enthusiasts here at AirVenture 2008 were wowed on Tuesday as a New Zealand family debuted the Martin Jetpack, dubbed the "ultimate personal flying machine."

Thought this was pretty cool. Not very practical but it has potential.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by spookjr]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here's a link to the article: Martin Aircraft Co. Debuts Personal Jetpack; To Sell For $100,000 In '09

and a vid

Doesn't look safe though :shk:

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Looks pretty cool... but more of a gimmick for rich people than anything. I mean, 100k $? And it gets 10gph... a Cessna 172 is more fuel efficiant.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
if i won the lotery i would get it. how cool would it be to go to school on a jetpack!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Of course,
What you might wanna do is use the jet-pack to park your bottom on the roof of a moving Cessna going in the same direction you wish to go. That would save a lot of fuel. You'de have to time it right though!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Impractical in any way I can think of.

I would not spend 100 k on it. Maybe if it was like 10k, I can understand people with nothing better to spend their money on would want it, but at 100k it better have some practical uses.

It's huge, bulky, may be light, but because it's light it most likely sacrifices structural integrity so good luck with rough landings.

I could imagine the time required to simply practice on one before even being able to have fun with it.

Cool idea though.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

join