It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cut children's fluoride exposure, report to Health Canada urges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Cut children's fluoride exposure, report to Health Canada urges

w ww.theglobeandmail.com

An expert panel Health Canada commissioned to study the risks of fluoride exposure says the government should cut the recommended amount in drinking water, encourage the use of low-fluoride toothpaste by children and have makers of infant formula reduce levels in their products.

Although the panel concluded the "weight of evidence" supports neither an association between fluoride and cancer, nor the findings of IQ deficits, its three recommendations would lead to reduced exposure if implemented.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ctv.ca
www.cbc.ca

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fluoride in water is Natural
What is Fluoride really for?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This report was made last year but only released recently very quietly by Health Canada. The effects to children seems to be the main concern.

Although I believe in the health benefits of flouride, I'm sceptical of the amount that we ingest and think that fluoride controls should be looked at more closely because of all the contradictory evidence available.

w ww.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ive heard several times about how fluoride has been screwing up the population. Its a bad mistake to put it into everyday drinking water. Moderation is the key but fluoride is a drug that makes people complacent which is why the government uses it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

You guys should check this out.. A member Loam did this post in 05, talks about all the effects of fluoride and such on the system.

[edit on 7/30/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think something needs to be done about drinking fountains at schools. They are drinking tap water at most places.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Thanks for that. I'll have a scan of it when I get home from work tonight. I think fluoride does help build the strength of your teeth I'm just not sure that we need to be putting into our drinking water. This study seems to agree with that idea and that it could have harmful side affects for kids.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I can remember being in public school in Ontario, and right from Kindergarten
to grade eight, once a month we were given what was called "SWISH". It was a fluoride liquid brought in to the class and distributed in small paper cups that we had to swish around in our mouth for two minutes then spit out.
It was gross.
If we refused we were sent to the office, and got detention.
Makes me wonder what all those years of exposure did to my body. Especially when I would go to the dentist every six months and get an intensive fluoride treatment there too.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

OMG I remember that too! I forgot all about that until you reminded me. But I remember this happening in the US where I grew up.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The fluoride they are talking about is an aluminum by product..

Kinda like Maddog 20/20 you know the sh*t at the bottom of the barrel type thing..

This is the crap that is left behind when aluminum is made.

www.ghchealth.com...

Now for a brief history lesson: please switch off the lights and turn on the projector...

Fluoride is a pollutant - a by-product of copper, iron and aluminum manufacturing. The problem of how to legally dispose of fluoride was solved in the 1930's when a study (funded by one of the country's largest aluminum companies) concluded that fluoride prevented tooth decay. A successful public relations effort, helped along with some cooperative government cronies, resulted in the good news going out: this miracle chemical, when added to water supplies, will give everyone healthy teeth and brighter smiles.

Oh and the studies they do most of the time for this is loaded..

Kinda like the studies they do when they say Mercury in the MMR shots dont cause autism.

[edit on 7/30/2008 by ThichHeaded]

new topics

top topics

join