It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama does not give birthday presents to children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

He is not a Jehovah's Witness. If he was, he wouldn't be running for political office.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just one point: People don't usually give gifts because they are trying to live up to the traditions of their religion. They do it because they want to be nice and show love to someone. Wherever that instinct comes from does not matter...It just seems like a natural thing to do, something done outside of any cultural tradition.

What disturbs me is not that he doesn't give Christmas gifts, but that he doesn't give birthday gifts. That seems kind of cold to me.

To me, if he's not sentimental about giving gifts to his family on holidays and occasions commonly shared by most Americans, then why would he ever be charitable to me? I feel he might tax the crap out of me! (Just a feeling.)

He must give his daughters gifts on some occasion...But my question is, when?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Muslims do not celebrate their own birthday because only Allaah is celebrated. They also don't celebrate any festivals or holidays that non-muslims (enemies of Allaah) celebrate. To do so would be imitating the enemies of Allaah, which is forbidden, and a kind of co-operating with the enemy in falsehood. Allaah said: "Whoever imitates a people is one of them."!

This is why he doesn't give gifts to his kids on birthdays or christmas. This country was founded on Christian beliefs ... Obama should not be anywhere near politics or the White House considering he follows a religion that considers all of us enemies unless we are Muslim.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by thecandyman]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hah!
I guess what goes around eventually comes around, because his aides have lost his birthday gift.

Obama turns 47, but aides lose present

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Barack Obama's aides are often praised for their seamless political operation, but have stumbled into a major gaffe, after losing their present for the White House hopeful's 47th birthday on Monday.
"We got him a present that he really needs. And one of our guys was bringing it back and left it in the trunk of the cab last night," Gibbs told MSNBC

No Gift For Obama

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Barach wants to teach his kids a good lesson about spending money , not on frivolous things like toys, but rather on the really important things in life.

Like a good smoke!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

First of all, I'm truly frustrated by those that say they're not racist...they just don't like Obama's political stance on the issues. Well, what issues are you speaking of?
You don't think all Americans should have access to healthcare?
Or maybe you think we should continue to have our brave soldiers die invading a foreign land that does not represent a threat to our homeland...is that it?
Oh...maybe it's because you think that once he gets in office he's going to announce to the world that he's a Muslim and then convert everyone to Islam.

For those that are so interested in maintaining age-old Christian traditions, maybe we should bring back burning at the stake, the iron maiden, or just have an annual one month inquisition. Read this...there are good and bad people in ALL religions. But the thing to remember is that ALL religions (with the exception of satanic worship) attempt to teach people how to respect each other and live in harmony. Even if Obama was not a Christian (which he clearly is) it wouldn't be the end of the world. Let's be glad that he's able to think out of the box. Let's be glad that while he is bound to the responsibilities of teaching his children values, he is smart enough, and brave enough to do so in ways that may differ from the norm. I'll bet you that more than 70% of criminals received birthday and Christmas gifts...and I'll bet you a very small percentage of them received true leadership and sincere concern from their parents.

So let's see...what's the worst thing that could happen WHEN Obama is President of the USA...oh, maybe he won't waste your tax money giving gifts to his staff. Hmmm, in my book that would be a big PLUS.

-e.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

First of all; Don't get your panties in a bunch. Learn to recognize humor when you see it.
Regarding presents, I personally couldn't care less. If you go back a few pages you will see my post addressing my feelings on this issue.

As far as the charge of racism is concerned, there is absolutely nothing in my posts even remotely racist.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are confusing me up with someone else.

Have a good day.
(note to self: Don't waste your time responding to Anonymous hit & run posters)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is stupid... I hate to ruin xmas for y'all but santa isn't real so when obama says that his kids get presents from santa, who the hell do you think buys them? If he were muslim he wouldn't allow them any presents at xmas at all he also wouldn't celebrate their birthdays, which he clearly does. So he doesn't buy them dolls and computer games? He still pays for the entertainment, food, etc for their parties... this is what my parents did for me. I didn't get a huge party and lots of presents, you get one or the other. It's about realising that you can't have everything you want all of the time. This is something that the American people need to learn.

And what if he's not a devout christian..? How many "christians" are actually practicing anyway?

He's out of touch with America because he doesn't buy presents? Get over yourselves.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join