It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please see if they can read my profile? It has my goodbye message and I think the feds a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Can someone please see if they can read my profile? It has my goodbye message and I think the feds are trying to keep it from the publics....

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How did this happen?
this is weird, trog81 posted this? odd... BRB

Ok I see what happened, the OP must be on global ignore... This makes for a strange strange weird post!

[edit on 7/29/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

yeah, i saw that piece of an opening line that ended suddenly and envisioned him getting yanked out of his computer chair.

what's a "global ignore" and if it is what i think it is, how would he even get that far in a post?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Sorry I'm lost, can someone let me know what is going on.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Got to hand it to him, he sure is persistant.

The matter could be easily resolved trog81, all you have to do is......

oh nevermind its not worth it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The OP's post is there, but we cannot se it because he is on global ignore. This is when the Admin feel that someone is spamming or Hoaxing the boards to the point that everything the person types needs to be checked over. This is a pre ban move.

I have found a second thread that this guy has done whining about the fact he is on global ignore, Ill link it for you here...www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it's about time to request a mod close this thread.

[edit on 7/30/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The OP's post is there, but we cannot see it because he is on global ignore. This is when the Admin feel that someone is spamming or Hoaxing the boards to the point that everything the person types needs to be checked over. This is a pre ban move.

Just a minor point of clarification - Global Ignore is not a "pre ban" move. Nor is it used for spamming or hoaxing. It's a, "Slow down, cowboy. We need to have a conversation" move, used generally to get someone's attention when they're either not reading their u2u's from staff and continuing to be disruptive, or ignoring requests from staff.

It's frequently not a big deal, so don't become unduly alarmed if at some point you find yourself on Global Ignore. A ban is not necessarily forthcoming, but it would always be wise to work to resolve the reason behind it. Failure to make the effort will probably not end happily.

I'm speaking generically here, and don't mean to imply anything specific about any particular member.

Thanks.

top topics

join