It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berry-pickers report sasquatch sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Berry-pickers report sasquatch sighting in northern Ontario

Two Ontario women say they saw what might have been the legendary sasquatch in northwestern Ontario last week.

Helen Pahpasay and her mother were north of Grassy Narrows, Ont., about 230 kilometres northeast of Winnipeg, to pick blueberries last Tuesday when they spotted a hulking figure from their truck at about 10 a.m. CT.

"It was black, about eight feet long and all black, and the way it walked was upright, human-like, but more — I don't know how to describe it — more of a husky walk, I guess," she told CBC News.

No picture was in the article.

Others returned to the area later and found a large, six-toed footprint

[edit on 7/29/2008 by Ceara]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm looking at the article right now in the Winnipeg Sun July 28th
There is an actual picture of the footprint included in the story inside on page 3
wish i had a my scanner hooked up so i could have posted it

[edit on /7/30/08 by scar]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Last night on the History Channel there was a special on Big Foot. I am so mad at myself for falling asleep during it!

There were some interesting finds.

They had recordings of this bellowing yell and it ran chills up and down my spine. I believe they tried comparing it to other sounds and it didn't sound like any animal that we know of. Just a horrifying growl type thing. Spooked me.

Another man, who I believe was a vetinerian and was very familiar with the woods, was coming back from a hike one day. It was growing dark and he heard a "woot woot" and he did it back. He didn't hear a response and high tailed it out of there since it was getting darker. He says it sounded like something for the ape, guerilla, etc. family.

Anyone catch it? It was really interesting. Especially to hear the recordings.

Sometimes, when I hear people's accounts, they say they hear this horrifying yell.

Some woman said that back in the '70s she was camping with her husband (I believe somewhere in California). They heard such horrible screams. Like nothing they ever heard before. She had a flashlight in her mouth and she said it caught 2 eyes staring at her about 14 feet off the ground. The thing was breaking branches left and right up high and left when her dogs started to go nuts. She said the thing was most likely upset since a lot of logging was going on then.

Would love to hear some feedback. I hope someone saw it as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yep, I caught the episode last night...Definitely interesting. Unfortunately they got their boat caught on a rock and only caught bear and deer pictures on their trail cameras. And how about the witness who saw the creature from across the water, and it was just sitting there staring at him. I'd be freaked out as well. They need to dedicate more time to this and add a few more trail cameras.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BoltThrower

Oh yeah, I passed out just when they started showing footage of those men going out on that river. I believe it was a dangerous one to manuever and they were hitting rocks when I left off.

I really enjoyed that show. Here's hoping they repeat it sometime soon so I can re-watch what I saw and see what I missed.

I don't know how that woman and her husband didn't flee immediately. If I was in their position (oh please no!) I would have bolted when I heard the screams. They still didn't bolt when it was staring at them and then when the thing went on a rampage and was breaking tree limbs. It made me question its authenticity.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Agreed...I think any human in their right mind (unless they're a trained professional and/or fully armed bigfoot hunter) would have ran away if they were being approached by an 8-foot forest monster. I certainly wouldn't have stayed there to see if it was hostile or not.

As for the boat segment, why did they decide to do it at night? Was it to use their thermal cameras? I forget, but it seems like common sense to explore during the day rather than at midnight.

You honestly didn't miss too much...The previous Monster Quest episode on Bigfoot (where the two dudes stayed at the cabin) was MUCH better...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here it is, I found it:

Foot Print With 6 Toes

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the story, i read the snippet from the paper and was waiting for someone to post
Wierd hearing about a bigfoot in Ontario even though there are vast areas of lakes and forest in northern ontario
hopefully more people see the bigfoot

new topics

top topics

join