It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit of bad news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have known for a while now that the day was coming when I would have to leave my job and no longer be able to run the "SETI suite." That day has arrived, I'm afraid. Monday I will go on an indefinite leave of absence and turn over the SETI administration to co-workers, but I cannot guarantee that they will be willing on able to invest the kind of time and energy I did. They are going to let me reach my personal goal of 10k work units, then switch all the machines over to the SETI@PDS account we set up. With any luck, the amount of WUs contributed to the team will remain the same. I doubt if they will be making the BOINC switch, however.

I will still have my home computers running so don't count me out completely!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why are you leaving? Please explain.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Why are you leaving? Please explain.

I have some health problems that are leaving me increasingly disabled and I have just gotten to the point where I can't go in to the office anymore.

I hope the guys do keep up with the project because if they don't I'm going to insist that they give me my router, switch, and cables back!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
spectre

I am sorry to hear about your health problems. I am praying for you!

I am glad to hear that you will continue to do your invaluable SETI work at home.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi Spectre!!!

I was very sorry to read your news and hope that your health and well being improve over the next few months. I'm sure all the team - and members of ATS - wish you and yours all the best too.

I'm delighted your work colleagues will continue to let you pursue your traget of reaching 10kWU's - and notice from SETI@work that you have already achieved this fantastic feat:

2) Xspectre8 with 10006WU's at Sat Mar 13 14:05:43 2004 UTC with 139.1WU's per day returned.

Very many congratulations to you dear friend!!

I also see that your business, in 17th position, SETI@PDSEDC already has 1677WU's credited to ATS SETI@home and hope that they will continue to crunch WU's on our behalf.

And, Spectre, I know that you will continue to do what you can for ATS SETI@home and BOINC teams, though please put your own needs first.

Take it easy Spectre - peace to you and yours!!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
sorry to hear your news Spectre, but a very well done on reaching you goal of 10,000 units

It's good to see that your co-workers will carry on where you have left off and that you will still be a part of our team with your home PCs.
Take care

new topics

top topics

join