It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says he'll order review of executive orders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Obama says he'll order review of executive orders

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama told House Democrats on Tuesday that as president he would order his attorney general to scour White House executive orders and expunge any that "trample on liberty," several lawmakers said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Finally, a presidential candidate (other than Ron Paul, who sadly would never get elected) will rectify so many of the problems that Bush has caused. 99% of his executive orders need to be permanently eliminated, and if Obama will do it, kudos to him.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh sure, and I suppose that's why he voted for the Patriot Act and had his supporters believing otherwise.

Another attempt at getting voters by saying something but not actually doing it. Yet another massive hollow promise.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

amen brother. this is so obvious its embarrasing. imsure when hes president he is just going to turn over all that power. what a fraud.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes, gee, I believe everything a politician says or writes! Way to go Obama, I can't wait for you to pull out the troops too like you said you would, and right away....the first time...uh....I am sure it's just bad reporting on the 5 different changes in stance since then!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What are your options at this point? I re-registered as a Republican so that I could vote for Ron Paul in the primaries, and I voted for him by absentee ballot way before most people did. I even donated a few bucks to his campaign (although I wonder where that money has gone now that he dropped out
). But I assume you guys certainly don't want to vote for McCain, so who are you going to vote for?

I personally don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils, but in this election I don't think we have a choice. This country can in no way endure another 4 (or 8) years of "Bush's Third Term: McCain" (I have a bumper sticker that says that). And the only way to prevent that from happening is to vote for Obama. We have to hope he will do what he says he will. I don't see too many ATS members (that complain about the political horrors in this country) going out in the streets trying to overthrow the government or rally a bunch of people together to start a civil war. Most of those members just like to whine and complain because it's convenient to do so on a forum; a place where they don't need to lift their lazy butts off their chairs and actually DO something proactive. So the very least they could do is try to ensure whatever liberties we might have left by voting for the candidate that is least likely to do away with them.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

i know exactly how you feel but obama is no better than mccain. they stole the race from ron paul. they did that so you wouldnt have a good choice come election, thats how they operate. the only choice you will ever have is between globalist approved corporate whore canidates.

im not voting, i tell everyone i know the system is rigged and that these canidates dont represent us. tell everyone you know the same thing. when enough people speak up about not believing in the system real change will come.

you call it whining, i call it protesting. certainly voting the lesser of two evils dosnt do a damn thing. good luck.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hey look.. A shiny 1 sided coin...

If I flip it it will never change.. interesting that..

IN other words this means nothing.. he will say anything to get into office.. once in office he will be like.. "executive orders what?"

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is called saber-rattling, we are all in grave risk. Bush will now do anything to protect his legacy as a tyrant.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Well at this point it all depends on if you want your paycheck to be 60% short to go to all the nifty new government programs Obama wants YOU to fund, while meanwhile, the war on _____ insert your own word here, has never been solved no matter how many billions are thrown on it...yet, when you have an ulcer? You can sit at home chewing up TUMS while you wait 18 months to see a doctor or.....

Do you want %60 of your paycheck to go to the 5 new wars, along with the other 2 that aren't wars, while you walk 25 miles to your minimum wage job that you have to speak Spanish to get while you wait for the same car companies and oil companies and basically the same politicians that didn't bail us out of the first "oil shortage" when they had a chance, to look up from counting their money and worry long enough about ONLY who will be busted for "Restless Leg Syndrome" in the men's john at the next airport?

[edit on 29-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Anyone that can be convinced not to vote might as well head to a nanny state where they do all your thinking for you. God forbid you should all coordinate a vote for the same write-in candidate in order to send a message. You know, do something positive with your frustration.

If you think the media is going to give attention to a bunch of people that didn't vote you are sadly mistaken.

Obama can't tie his shoes without one of you pointing out that Mao Se Tung or Vladimir Lenin tied their shoes the same way. Everyone else sees through the smokescreen of hate and lies that the anti obama campaign spews non stop. The negative campaigning is just so old and predictible.

In conclusion, I think it would be great for the next president to review and disable all executive orders that, well pretty much anything Bush did- undo it.

[edit on 7/29/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
System screwed up. Now voting...
Hmmm, maybe we should all go hide under a rock. By the time we come out everything will be ok.

I don't think the problem is completely with the politicians. Everyone likes to moan and complain about what politicians say when they are running for office. Has anyone ever stopped and wondered if a politician has ever been standing behind the curtain thinking, I can't believe I am about to say this. If it is true that every politician feeds us a line of bullwhatever to get elected then what dose that tell you about us the population who is electing them? I can't blame someone for doing what is needed to get the job done.

Also, about switching positions. Sure, hold it against them if it is switching core values. Slightly changing what we should do about this war in Iraq, no. See in war things are constantly changing. Winning this war in Iraq is all about being able to adapt. The only thing Obama is doing by slightly changing what he would do after all that has changed over there is proving to us that he is not going to get thousands of people killed by being stubborn and sticking to a bad plan. I respect that.

Styki

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Styki]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Nice talk but will never happen. I mean give me a break the only president that has ever and I mean ever turned down power was George Washington. Obama will not go in and do crap. In fact Im going to tell you how this is going to go down.

President Obama sits at the desk in the oval office. He looks at all the orders done by Bush. He looks to the left and he looks to the right. He then pumps his arms in the air raise the roof style and says Ok enough review lets continue the globalist slave agenda.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For a man that looks like he could be the next President of the United States I am expecting better than that. I am expecting him to do the best job that he can do if elected. I am hoping that he will do the right thing. Do the right thing not only for the people of the US, or for himself but to set an example for other presidents to follow. So we can set this country back on the right path.

Change. That is his message. It sounds almost to good to be true. For a lot of people here it is. Heck, I'm not going to sit here and tell you he is good for it. All I can do is wait right here and watch how things play out. I'm looking around and it looks like things are pretty bad. All we want is for somebody to do the right thing and it's looking like nobody believes it can be done.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is the same guy who said he was going to participate in public financing for his campaign right? Just one more lie to put in the cap of yet another sock puppet politician. Anyone who rallies behind this guy is just as naive as anyone rallying behind McSame. He's just another pretty face. Corporate tested, sheeple approved. And to those who say I'm not voting at all. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Write in Ron Paul, vote for Bob Barr or whatever his name is but get out and vote! Handing either one of these corporate mouth pieces the reigns is just further burying what this country was founded on. Hey, Obama is probably the best candidate at telling folks what they want to hear, but it's fancy lip service none the same.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There were times when you used to be able to vote for more than 2 candidates. So, I ask you this... What has happened in our Country so that we only have 2 choices??

When someone answers this question than you will understand the reason why over 1/2 of Americans don't vote.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It looks like your link has changed, so here is a new one.

Lawmakers: Obama would order review of executive orders

You might want to ask a mod to update the link.

In case some of you didn't read the article, Obama was telling other democrats behind closed doors that he would review presidential orders. He did not say this in a speech. If he did, 90% of the audience probably wouldn't know what he was taking about.

This is not just some campaign promise that you think he won't keep. I think he means what he says.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
In case some of you didn't read the article, Obama was telling other democrats behind closed doors that he would review presidential orders. He did not say this in a speech. If he did, 90% of the audience probably wouldn't know what he was taking about.

So true! This is great news! Thanks for posting about it.

Bush has used and abused his power and hopefully, Obama will retract at least some of those abuses.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Amen, brothers and sisters!!!!!

THIS i like to hear!

May it all be true!!!!!

He's now got my vote .

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
if you do not bend over for the corporate slime you get exactly what kucinich and paul got.fools,crazy,idiots,etc.the MSM just slimes you and the sheep believe what they see on tv.Obama showed his true colors when he voted yes for the fisa bill helping to remove your fourth amendment rights.He may play a bit with bushs presidential orders but most of that will be to see where bush missed some of your rights.Bush commits the crime and Pelosi protects him.Bush wants your fourth amendment rights,Pelosi rams it through the house and Obama votes yes.Are all you people blind or just deaf?There are no democrats or republicans just corporate republicrats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join