It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: 'I'm trying to save the planet'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

With fewer than 20 legislative days before the new fiscal year begins Oct. 1, the entire appropriations process has largely ground to a halt because of the ham-handed fighting that followed Republican attempts to lift the moratorium on offshore oil and gas exploration. And after promising fairness and open debate, Pelosi has resorted to hard-nosed parliamentary devices that effectively bar any chance for Republicans to offer policy alternatives.

“I’m trying to save the planet; I’m trying to save the planet,” she says impatiently when questioned. “I will not have this debate trivialized by their excuse for their failed policy.”

“I respect the office that I hold,” she says. “And when you win the election, you win the majority, and what is the power of the speaker? To set the agenda, the power of recognition, and I am not giving the gavel away to anyone.”

www.politico.com...

Huh?

I thought this woman was the Speaker of the US House of Representatives, not the planet's.

I am all for saving the planet and all, and I think we should all do our part in conserving energy and support private sector groups/companies that do R&D on new energy sources. But, right now, something needs to be done. 74% support offshore drilling (www.zogby.com...), but she won't even let it come to a vote in the House?

China is drilling 60 miles off our coast, but we can't?

I know that our elected representatives have a god-complex, but this is too much. If she wants to save the planet, great for her. But, her constituants elected her to represent them and this country....not the planet.

When and where do the needs of the American people come into play these days with these yahoos in DC??

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
the best way pelosi can save the planet is by hopping on a rocket and letting us shoot her into deep space with no fuel for the ride home.
what a disgusting politician.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
She wants to save the planet ,and in the process collapse America
and thats is not a smart ass remark i mean it
Alas Cindy Sheehan has gathered the votes and will challenge Pelosi the Israeli spy and traitor to America soon enough.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Pelosi is a worthless piece of trash just like most dems and repubs.If you want to know what pelosi is trying to save look at her record.Shes trying to save Bush and her own corporate backers.Shes out to save nancy pelosi and could really care less about the people she represents just like the rest of the corporate govenment.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"Hey Nancy, there are polar bears dying of hunger in the arctic. Could you go up there and make them feel better? Please, it would help the planet."

The sad thing is, I think she's actually starting to believe her own rhetoric.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Maybe she just needs to set realistic goals that are actually obtainable. She needs to utilize the baby steps approach, and start with saving America before going after the more loftier goal of saving the planet.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45
We're talking Pelosi here. America is too lofty. Maybe saving her neighborhood?

Oh, wait, she's already done that, by exempting companies around her home from new regulations... OK, we can move on to the county then.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I really used to like her prior to her becoming speaker of the house. I thought she was a pretty intelligent and classy lady, but now I just see her as a total sellout to the highest bidder.

As they say: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Who in charged her with saving this planet, and from what? The only way to save this planet is kick her and the rest of the politicians out of it.

Pelosi should focus all her efforts to save another Planet like Mars, instead of Earth, I hear their having problems over there with global warming as well.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Nancy will be right there. At the moment she's working on a better distribution system. It seems she's learned that the bears in the woods are running out of Charmin' way too often.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If she really wants to save the planet she needs to keep her mouth shut.
So much hot air coming out of that woman's mouth to melt polar ice caps.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway
It's all that CO2 we are releasing on earth. It must be floating all the way up there.

reply to post by garyo1954
The polar bears don't need Charmin unless they've got something to poop first. She needs to hurry up.

reply to post by Alxandro
OK, that's a star.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

China is drilling 60 miles off our coast, but we can't?

Do you have a citation for that little factiod? I would like to see that if you don't mind.

new topics

top topics

join