It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill and Hillary Clinton withdraw campaign support for Obama.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Obama is dangerous. I don't trust him one bit. He has yet to spell out what "change" or "different" he is talking about. By that, does he mean it is time for a black president? Since he is not defining "change" or "different", we are left to guess. And when people are left to guess, then there is no telling what we will get. Surprise, surprise! Hey, no joking, this man is looking more and more like the anti-christ. Remember the preditions about the coming of the anti-christ? He will be adored and worshipped, born in the 60s, appeal to the world. Think about it. I don't like McCain either, but at least he is a safer bet.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The only reason Mrs. Clinton gave any support to Obama in the first place was that she needed help paying off her massive campaign debt. Of course, she only suspended her campaign and it's my belief that she's waiting and hoping that Obama will screw up hard enough to make a Clinton nomination the only viable option for the Democrats. He's been stepping in it quite a bit lately, and has really slipped in the polls, but even though he's looking less and less like he has any shot at winning this election, I don't see the Clintons vocally dis-endorsing him yet.

This idea of Clinton gearing up for a possible independent run for president makes some sense, though. But only if Obama looks like he'd beat McCain in a two-party race. Obviously, nobody can win the presidency as an independent, but Clinton wants to make sure Obama does not win so she'll have a final shot at the office in 2012. By 2016, she'll be far too old of a woman to have any hope of being elected. Beating Obama's numbers in a three-way race would also remind voters that she was and is a more electable nominee.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Via phone
47 states

People who distrust both these NWO drones: McCain and Obama
are saying they will "write-in"
Hillary Clinton.

I will

She got kicked to the curb by Democrats
Owes nothing to them
Already has proven she can work across the aisle with moderate Republicans.
Imagine a moderate government?
Not rightwing fanatic Conservatives, nor left wing fanatic Liberals, but moderates!
And a President who owes nothing to either party!

She has already pledged to "Order all Government employees to obey the Constitution"
Just before the NWO media turned against her enmass and supported Obama enmass.

Bill Clinton reacted to waco by issuing executive orders reign-in the out of control thugs he had inherited from Reagan/Bush I
(Impeachment was the result)

www.archives.gov...

Federalism: EO 13083; EO 13095; EO 13132
frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...

Sec. 3. Federalism Policymaking Criteria. In addition to adhering to the fundamental federalism principles set forth in section 2, agencies shall adhere, to the extent permitted by law, to the following criteria when formulating and implementing policies that have federalism implications:

(a) There shall be strict adherence to constitutional principles.

Waqnna make enemies in the NWO?

Try matching the Clintons:
(a) There shall be strict adherence to constitutional principles.

Nothing will upset the NWO like supporting the US Constitution!

No wonder the NWO media hates Clintons.

NWO media loves Obama
Why?
NWO media likes McCain Why?
Have both agreed to use the US Constitution as toilet paper as George W Bush has?

Seems that way

[edit on 31-7-2008 by himself]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by himself

My wife and I decided to d the same thing. Obama scares me to death.Mcain is probably going to die in office. And as for Romney, well I dont think a cult member is who I want as a leader.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaywieny
I wouldn't even call it news if The Clinton's did withdraw their support, Hillary and Bill are to busy trying to retire her $25,000,000 campaign debt, which is why she has been non-existent on the campaign trail. And what's wrong with Obama showboating himself all over Europe and the US? He's trying to win the vote, right? I loved watching John McCain on TV b*tching about how only a president should be making speeches about peace and change. I waited forever for him to start sucking his thumb and was sadly disappointed.

Have to disagree with you there, big time. Right now, Obama is trying his best to get the votes of Clinton's supporters. If Hilary publicly withdrew, you can bet that her entourage of voters would follow her with whatever she decided to do. His campaign would be undermined and to the liberal media, that's big news.

Honestly, I cannot see Hilary running as an independent. Her lifeline has always been in the Democratic party and she would be burning SO MANY bridges by running as an independent. Not to mention her money has run out, that we know of. And frankly - all she would be doing is handing the election to McCain as the Democrats would once again be divided. She would lose, Obama would lose, and then what - she would return to the Senate as a Democrat and carry on? I don't think so ... you could bet her chances for re-election to the senate the following term would be next to nil as many Dems would be so pissed at her, blaming her for costing them the election.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am not a Hillary supporter (or an Obama or McCain supporter for that matter) but my take is that the powers that be currently are afraid of a Hillary Presidency not because she is a "moderate" or "stubborn" or any of the other things that people have so far mentioned - but because she has the kind of clout (meaning something 'on' everyone) that can get things done....Her experience in the White House gave her access to the whole enchilada - she knows where the bodies are buried...thats power, folks - and the folks of New York who voted her in as Senator were savvy enough to get it...Obama has nothing close to this kind of advantage which makes him the safer bet for those who wish to continue to manipulate - another political figure who comes to mind that is similar to Hillary was Lyndon B Johnson - JFK was the wonder boy with the pretty speeches and handsome face but couldn't get legislation passed to save his a$$ literally - when Johnson came to power Congress had to bend over - lets just say he knew where the brains were buried.....politics is a sick nasty business....

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Thanks for that. I learn something new all the time. I hope Hillary does the right thing and continues to support Obama. While I've throwing my thoughts I admit, that this is the first time, the first year I have ever paid attention to what any candidates are saying. I also admit that the previous election, I voted for Bush, because I thought he was what this country still needed. So here is a question for you or anyone who cares to respond, since I'm one of those nieve rednecks who don't know how the electorial vote system works. I see in some of these posts that some are voting for neither, and writing Clinton in? If she is not a running candidate does the vote just get thrown out? That seems like a costly sacrifice to make for those who call themselves democrats. I'm sure they just want to be heard but, in this day and age, shouldn't we be realistic?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OK but why would Hillary be telling people today to vote for Obama if this was true. I think not only is she on the list but she will be the next VP of the U.S. of A

Hillary Clinton rouses union workers in S.F.
Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Printable VersionEmail This Article del.icio.us
Digg
Technorati
Reddit
Facebook Slashdot
Fark
Newsvine
Google Bookmarks
(79) Georgia (default)
Verdana
Times New Roman
Arial
More... (07-31) 15:57 PDT -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton delivered a rousing call to thousands of union workers in San Francisco on Thursday to put Sen. Barack Obama in the White House come fall - but it was a bittersweet moment for some of her most loyal supporters, particularly women, who said they are still deeply pained she's not the Democratic candidate.

"I'm having a hard time," said an emotional Cheryl Reynolds, a retired union librarian from Pennsylvania, after watching Clinton's address, which was met with cheers and a prolonged standing ovation from a crowd of 3,000 at the international convention of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees at Moscone Center.

For both Reynolds and her husband, Dean, who spent more than six weeks on the road in states like Iowa and Indiana working for Clinton during the primaries, the New York senator's appearance to boost Obama was hard to take.

"I'll vote for Obama, because we need a Democrat in the White House," said Dean Reynolds, who stood and applauded at length for Clinton's address. "But, God, I wish it was her."

The powerhouse labor union of public employees, which has promised to mobilize 40,000 workers in the campaign, endorsed Obama after Clinton had left the race, and its members gave him an ecstatic reception when he delivered a speech to them by satellite while on the campaign trail.

But with less than 100 days to go before the general election, Clinton's appearance in San Francisco underscored her continued appeal to many grassroots Democrats who were her supporters, many of whom say they are clinging to the hope that she may get the nod as Obama's running mate.

Clinton - who earlier in the day visited a San Francisco fundraiser to help retire her campaign debt and was to attend another on the Peninsula on Thursday evening - exhorted the union members to put their muscle and their money behind Obama.

"The best way that we can stand up for you ... is to make sure we have a Democratic president taking the oath of office on Jan. 20, 2009," she said.

She insisted she was "proud to get more votes than anyone has gotten" in a U.S. presidential primary campaign - a contention some Obama backers dispute - she said it is now "time for us to unite and stand together."

She delivered high praise for Obama, saying that throughout her often-contentious race against him, she had "seen his passion, his determination, his grace and his grit."

"There are a lot of folks still on the sidelines, trying to make up their minds," Clinton said. But she said that labor activists like the army of municipal workers must get behind him "if we're going to have a president that respects unions."

Joan Hernandez, a unionized traffic signal technician from San Diego and a strong supporter of Clinton, said that despite the calls for unity, "there's quite a few of us on the fence. ... I'm not the only one. A lot of her supporters are there."

She said she was extremely disappointed when Clinton's presidential bid died - and Obama still doesn't completely excite her. He's too green, and "he still doesn't answer questions directly," she said.

Hernandez is hoping for the VP slot for her candidate, but "right now, Obama is saying she's low on the list. ... we'll decide what to do if he doesn't choose her," she said.

Tamara Hummel, a retired worker with the Pennsylvania state police, said she was "100 percent" behind Clinton. "I was thinking she would win, and she slid back, and I was really disappointed," she said.

She just shakes her head when asked who will get her vote as president. "I'm not quite sure yet," she said.

But other Clintonista Democrats said they've come around - and they urge others to do likewise.

"I definitely want to see a Democrat in the White House," said John Faust, another union member from Pennsylvania.

As the father of a daughter who has become a doctor, he said Clinton and the historic message of her candidacy - "that women can do anything" - impressed him.

Now, he said, he has turned to Obama. "He wasn't my first choice - but that's the choice now," he said.

Jackie Rowe-Adams of New York called herself one of the "staunchest Hillary supporters" in the hall.

"She stood strong and tall - and I'm glad she's supporting Barack Obama," Rowe-Adams said. "She has integrity, and she's a lady of her word."

She said Obama should pick her as the vice presidential candidate only if that best serves his White House bid.

And Rowe-Adams, who heads AFSCME Local 299 in her home state, said it's time to look forward, and offered some words to those who still are looking back.

"They have to focus on electing a Democrat. McCain is not union-friendly," she said. "If you're electing him, you're putting Bush back in the White House."

So, "my advice to them," she said, "is - get over it."

E-mail Carla Marinucci at [email protected]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Looks like Hillary won't be the VP.

Hillary Clinton has been chosen to deliver the keynote speech on the second night of the Democratic convention, a sign that she won’t be Barack Obama’s running mate — because the keynote speaker traditionally is not the vice presidential nominee. ...

Hillary to give keynote, sign she won't be VP

She's probably preparing for 2012 run.

Hillary/Jim Webb 2012

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If there is a 2012 run. The importance of this election in deturring an arrogant marxist wanting to change that will only happen if we let it.

Everyone just assumes things will be the same 4 years from now. We have a radical Leftist who seems to have his own version of the Constitution.

America will become the North American Union by 2010 no matter who is elected next. As a union, our election process will likely change as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

... If Hilary publicly withdrew, you can bet that her entourage of voters would follow her with whatever she decided to do. His campaign would be undermined and to the liberal media, that's big news.

Where is this "Liberal media" you refer to?
A "Liberal media" would never have been cheerleading for the Iraq invasion based on Bush's lies.
Only a Republican biased media would have done that.
Liberal Republican media?
Perhaps, but the US media has hated every Democrat since Andrew Jackson, except for Obama. (strangely)

Originally posted by sos37
Honestly, I cannot see Hilary running as an independent. Her lifeline has always been in the Democratic party.

Those who made Obama the candidate were crossover Republicans.
The Democratic Party has no candidate at present. Our party has been taken over by Republicans who registered as 'Democrats' just to choose the weakest candidate to lose to "anyone with an (R)" this fall.
I'm a DNC member...We are not pleased!

>Mitt Romney: The Complete Interview
'This Week's' George Stephanopoulos Sits Down with Republican Candidate
Feb. 18, 2007

Mitt Romney:
When there was no real contest in the Republican primary, I'd vote in the Democrat primary, vote for the person who I thought would be the weakest opponent... In the general election...

I go in their primary, just like a lot of other folks, and voted against the person who I thought was the strongest Democrat.

Now, that happens in America today, but let me tell you, in the general election, I don't recall ever once voting for anyone other than a Republican.<
abcnews.go.com...

Originally posted by sos37- all she would be doing is handing the election to McCain as the Democrats would once again be divided. She would lose, Obama would lose,

IMWIO Obama's job is to hand the election to McCain.

>Saturday, January 5, 2008
"If they are Republicans and independents who are working with me, that makes us stronger."
Senator Obama <

Democrats divided?

"The best way to handle the opposition is to control it ourselves." VI Lenin...Russian conservative

Democrats divided is how Republicans win elections.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by himself]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join