It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill and Hillary Clinton withdraw campaign support for Obama.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This was news on CNN earlier today (the channel). I can't find anywhere on the website or MSM.

On CNN, it stated that both Bill and Hillary said they will no longer support or campaign for Obama, but did not say a reason as to why.

If anyone can find a web article, please post in this thread.

Also, look for Obama to bask in some PR coverage over the recent Earthquake in LA county. Afterall, there will be plenty of MSM Cameras down there for awhile.

It will be interesting to see if he steps on Arnie's feet by acting like he is already President.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Searching ... finding nothing so far. If it can be confirmed, it will really hurt Obama's campaign and fuel rumors that Hilary might be toying with the idea of running as an independent for POTUS. Wouldn't that be an interesting race!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Searching ... finding nothing so far. If it can be confirmed, it will really hurt Obama's campaign and fuel rumors that Hilary might be toying with the idea of running as an independent for POTUS. Wouldn't that be an interesting race!

I hate it when CNN does that. They'll show on their station but not put some things on the web and am not sure why.

I believe that is exactly what Hillary is doing. Her campaign is only suspended, not yet finished.

Once she found out Obama gave her false hopes for Vice President, she pulled the plug.

Bill never did like Obama, just went along for her and the party sake from what i've read.

In any case, Obama is losing his grip.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Seriously, are you guys a neocon tandem team? Not that it's a bad thing. It takes a tndem team to get my mash to me. BUt this is getting really old,

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No luck here finding anything either.. I guess since her chances at VP are zero to none she and Bill are throwing in the towel.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wait a sec - found this on the CNN website. It's a blog but according to the writer he confirms that Hilary isn't on the VP list.

I wonder if this was what you saw:

The New York Times says Clinton has told people close to her she thinks there’s little chance Obama will pick her. Here’s a clue: She hasn’t been asked to provide any documents to the committee vetting potential VPs. She’s not campaigning for Obama either.

caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com...

[edit on 29-7-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My sweet Jesus. I didn't know I was in a pay per party site. Do you guys get paid for this or are you dumb enough to know that you are being manipulated? That's not an insult, that's a real question.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kernel Korn

You got something useful to add? Someone said they saw something on CNN that I, myself find particularly interesting so I'm trying to confirm it was real or one of those 'CNN moments'. You'll notice that we haven't drawn any conclusions in this thread, and we're discussing the possibilities. In fact, the only person drawing any conclusions so far is you.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks SoS, I happened to see that out there too on the web. The last part in Bold i missed though as I was skimming.

On CNN, I got a message from a relative saying they heard this news watching CNN. I have no reason not to believe them.

Kernal, how are we being manipulated? I think you'll find that both Hillary and Bill will not be campaigning for Obama like they first mentioned they would be and with their full support.

It makes sense. Hlliary got snubbed into believing she would be his VP, but later found this out to not be true.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
In fact, the only person drawing any conclusions so far is you.

Indeed Sir. My conclusion is that this is yet another BS thread and the usual suspects, in this group, there are many more here, are collaborating. It's insulting to the intelligence.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
so there is nothing to this as of yet
or at all?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernel Korn

In fact, the only person drawing any conclusions so far is you.

Indeed Sir. My conclusion is that this is yet another BS thread and the usual suspects, in this group, there are many more here, are collaborating. It's insulting to the intelligence.

That's where you would be wrong, sir. This would be another BS thread IF it were, in fact, jumping to any conclusions without tangible evidence. As it is, we are not jumping to any conclusions because we know we DON'T have any tangible evidence, only our speculations. The fact that we DO admit that we don't have any tangible evidence and don't jump to any conclusions should tell you that we are intelligent and mature enough to debate as adults. What do you even fault us for discussing the possibilities on a public board? The OP had a valid point for even bringing it up.

Perhaps you should examine some of the anti-McCain rhetoric posted on this site and tell me those posts aren't insulting to the intelligence?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There are clear indicators this is indeed true, in spite of a potential "CNN moment" that first made it public and brought to my attention.

There is already PUMA and Hillary could use these 2 Million+ members and ex-voters of hers as a nice advantage later.

They are Democrats that oppose Obama and believe Hillary was sold out by her party though she won the popular vote.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Sir, I am not that addled that your post basically said both nothing and something. The "nothing" you purport so you can claim innocence, if this is nothing. "Something" if you can convince 1 person to your ideology.

My question still stands, "Are you paid for this or are you being manipulated?"

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiorano
so there is nothing to this as of yet
or at all?

I'm curious as to what jet saw, but until the news breaks (and something of that magnitude will break the MSM, of that I'm sure) we only have his word since we can't find anything online. We can confirm that a CNN blog author says Hilary is off the VP list and she's probably fuming over that one. If she were vindictive enough, Hilary withdrawing her support of Obama would be the ultimate kick in the nuts. You know what they say about a woman scorned.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

Sir, I am not that addled that your post basically said both nothing and something. The "nothing" you purport so you can claim innocence, if this is nothing. "Something" if you can convince 1 person to your ideology.

Are you kidding? There are people on this board who sling mud at Obama and post links from sites that could be classified as "suspicious" at best. To conclude that everyone who has a registered name on ATS and also opposes Obama are all in league together to spread baseless disinformation shows an abundance of ignorance.

To answer your last question, I'm neither being paid nor being manipulated, Colonel Sanders. My political views are based on the issues, and I also enjoy debating. What are your motives for posting? Are you being paid to be the fly in the ointment or are you naturally this annoying?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The poor American door knobs
will be subjected to tactics of exploratory feelers
to see how the public responds in the polls
if favorable the junta will adjust your vertical and horizontal
there is nothing wrong with your t.v. sets

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

HEY FOLKS! Obama is on ATS!

He bitching about us finding out Hilderbeasts withdrew her support!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

To answer your last question, I'm neither being paid nor being manipulated, Colonel Sanders. My political views are based on the issues, and I also enjoy debating.

It's Kernel Korn but I have noticed that the new conservatives, I really hate using that word with those people, are aggressive, defensive and down right insulting. Keep it up partner, you're killing our party.

What are your motives for posting? Are you being paid to be the fly in the ointment or are you naturally this annoying?

See above. And do yourself a favor, start thinking. Trying your tactics, maybe they'll get through to you.

Is it any wonder that the Dem ticket took up so much attention and energy, while the best Rep got screwed for McCain? We're all #ed.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'm curious as to what jet saw,

He didn't see anything. He said:

Originally posted by jetxnet
I got a message from a relative saying they heard this news watching CNN.

So, this is strictly hearsay.

We can confirm that a CNN blog author says Hilary is off the VP list

No, you can not.

Clinton has told people close to her she thinks there’s little chance Obama will pick her.

That is NOT a confirmation that she's off the VP list.

She’s not campaigning for Obama either.

And that just means she's not actively campaigning for Obama. I haven't seen her campaigning for him, have you?

This would be another BS thread IF it were, in fact, jumping to any conclusions without tangible evidence.

Check the title. "Bill and Hillary Clinton withdraw campaign support for Obama." That's a conclusion.

The OP had a valid point for even bringing it up.

Which was???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join