It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope and the Weaponization of Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A recent comment by Skikkinikki in the 'Unidentified Flying Threats--A NYTimes Editorial' thread has made me wonder what Nick Pope's real motive is.

Please watch

This has me thinking, due to Nick Pope's former MOD position, that he knows more than he is actually letting on.

The Earth is wide open to attack - SKY News

and

Unidentified Flying threats

Cardiff UFO Helicopter Incident

These are just three of the many examples of Nick Pope's adamance that these UFOs could be a theat. Could Dr. Carole Rosin be correct when she says that they're going to weaponise space by creating the illusion of an imminent threat?

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere.

edit: for spelling

[edit on 29-7-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
As I said in the other thread, I think the idea is a bit far-fetched. Pope was never that high in the MOD hierarchy. Furthermore, this is Nick being diplomatic in his bid to reopen a UFO investigation in the US. He specifically says:

It would not imply that the country has suddenly started believing in little green men. It would simply recognize the possibility that radar alone cannot always tell us what’s out there.

If radar cannot always tell us the scoop and UFOs are hovering around airports than they are indeed a public safety hazard. This is a long way from saying "little green men are here from alpha centauri." Good rational argument by Pope.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I never meant to villianize nick Pope. I don't even know who he is other than he has name recognition. I am just wary of the military industrial complex of corporations finding a way to continue massive military spending when the argument could be made that the world is so interconnected these days that war has become a much less desirable AND practical way of dealing with human conflicts.

I don't want to weaponize space. Guns orbiting the earth? What happens when the new World Order takes them from the US?

join