It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Analysis of Ancient Basques- Atlantis totally viable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You are confusing the actual data for a particular author's opinion about the data.

The data, as always, supports Edgar Cayce.

The obvious conclusion drawn from the evidence of a genetic link between the Basques and people in the Gobi desert is that what Edgar Cayce said about where people went during the destruction of Atlantis is all correct.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
GREAT OP!!!

I can see you've done your research. Im adding this to my favs because i dont have time to read it all in one sitting but that which i DID read was enlightening - and im a member of the A.R.E.

Right on

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

1 question? ok maybe a couple.

Forgive me if I missed this piece of info, which atlantean population was used for said genetic comparisons. As far as I know there arent any.

And arent the basque geneticly unique amongst the europeans.

#2 In one recent genetic test on a random mongolian,(gobi desert dweller). It was found that they had strong genetic links with the people of the north coast of the black sea, scythians, a well known indo-european group of people. The genetic study I refered to was done for a german anthropologist, and they compared the dna taken from the grave of a female scythian, against that of a random mongolian girl. And not a "modern mongolian" who goes into the city and has a motorcycle, but a mongolian "hillbilly", people who still lived the old ways in valley even mongolians considered remote.
The researcher was studying the burial mounds of scythian warriors, some of whom were female and had found remains that had viable dna.
The documantary was very fascinating, the researcher, had made some very good discoveries in thier digs.
They had uncovered a great deal of weapons and armor, horse related regalia and other culturaly specific items.
If I remember correctly,she was taking a break from the dig on holiday in greece, when at a museum, she noticed a fresco that had a battle scene.
And this scene depicted a battle between some greek hero and the Amazons. In this scene the Amazon warrior is holding a shield with a very unique colorful pattern.
A shield that she herself had uncovered in the grave of a female warrior..

WOW, how freaky is that, to see an item on a 2500 year old fresco that you yourself have just recently uncovered, a thousand miles away, from the 2800 year old grave of a female warrior .
The researcher went to mongolia simply because the horse nomad lifestyle was still practiced.
And when they just picked a remote family at random they came across a family that had 1 daughter that was a head taller than anyone else her age and had blonde hair and blue eyes.
Subsequent dna testing proved this little blond mongolian girl was a direct decendant from the woman buried in the russian tomb.

Anyway I thought the aztec were what was left of the atlanteans

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I personally don't like it when somebody takes a little bit of information and then just runs crazy with it, trying to incorporate every single bit of mythology possible. So Thoth is Jesus and Leonardo Da Vinci and John F. Kennedy, huh?

How about just narrowing the focus here a little bit and maybe there could be something here worth finding out? Sheesh.

I thought that Da Vinci was the Walrus. I am pretty certain that he was.

Is the objection an esthetic one? Is it more estheticly pleasing to only incorporate select bits of mythology, leaving some for others to contribute later? Honestly I don't think that the fantastics are any worse than the archeologists. They are simply at opposite extremes of a dialectic of credulity.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thoth, Mercury, and Hermes are the same god as most of the gods of the ancient peoples were the same with different names. Add a few local gods in the mix for variety.
Edgar Cayce was a fake who got most of his predictions wrong. The ones that were "right" were the vague there will be an earthquake next year types.

www.skepdic.com...

Atlantis was probably Minoan/Cretan society as it was destroyed around 3500 years ago by a volcanic explosion.

The Basques are a mystery and their language is not related to any of the languages. (I heard this on a Nova special a while back. If any one has new information, please correct me.)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The skeptic's dictionary is just misrepresenting what Edgar Cayce said. My thread on him debunks every claim on that site.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Instead of making wide sweeping statements that stand on nothing why don't you actually take a statement from the skeptics dictionary and show how it is wrong. I for one don't take your unsupported view/opinion as fact nor as knowledgeable.

You're going to have actually do some research Hollywood.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join