It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nasca Lines...Alien symbols?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hey all
joshedis here

The Nasca lines, what do we know about them?
Were they made by aliens?
Made by the previous humans?
If you think about it, Aliens could have made them, who else would have had an aerial view to check if it looked right!

www.labyrinthina.com...

Theres a link to some pics!
Tell me what you think!

Sincerely,
joshedis

[edit on 29-7-2008 by joshedis]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The best explanation that I've heard for the Nazca lines is that they were for the purpose of "spiritual walking" or whatever you want to call it. The physical exertion of walking pumps out some of the feel-good endorphins; meanwhile, the paths themselves must have been very disorienting to walk along. Really, just look at that monkey's tail. Could have been quite dizzying. I've heard rumors that singing could have accompanied these walks as well. Dunno about you, but the combination of all that would produce a bit of a spiritual high in me, personally. In any case, these lines have a very human feel to me. Why? If they were done from above by an alien race, they at least would be more symmetrical, if only because of the better view. Again, look at the monkey's tail. The width is not consistent all the way through. These all have the look of drawings.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Siblin]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Exactly!
Who knows that aliens didn't use their beams to draw what they saw on earth!
Maybe it was like a tourism thing and UFO's can find hidden messages in the lines!
What if they mean something like hieroglyphs!
People walking in the sand!
I want people to tell me!
All there is are theories!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There was a doc done of the Nazca lines, and they were able to show that you could see them pretty clearly from the nearby hills.
As for why they were formed, it probably is for the same reason any society build something big, odd, or unusual. May have been some kind of religious belief, or some sort of sacred belief of some kind.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Years ago i made a Very informative thread on these artifacts...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its a good thread... Very old... very informative...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thank you for that!
Im reading your thread now!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ineresting read

Several balloonists and historians have postulated that the Nazca Indians of Peru could have used hot air balloon technology to aid them in building the famous Nazca line drawings. Using only technology available to the Nazcas of the 6th century, two balloonists built an enormous balloon capable of flight. While no evidence has been uncovered to suggest that the Nazca people did fly in balloons, the test demonstrated that it was certainly possible.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by joshedis

Thanks for bringing this subject up. The history of the area near & around Nazca is... let's say, beyond fascinating. For those who didn't do well in history & geography class, just Google Tiahuanaco. I was in Denver for a few months & it took me several weeks to acclimate to the elevation. I stepped off the plane in Quito, Ecuador (over 2 miles in elevation), & had severe difficulty breathing. As for the area at Nazca, the elevation is even higher(12,500 ft.). Although the area is capable of farming, it is difficult to understand how a civilization can build such massive structures & images in the desert.

One really wonders at the human stamina & tenacity to endure at such heights.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DREAMING MAN
One really wonders at the human stamina & tenacity to endure at such heights.

It is realy amazing

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Great thread Josh!

The Nasca lines have always fascinated me. Beyond all the theories of who and why they were built, what I find amazing is their longevity. It's as though the makers of the lines knew they would endure through time.

A friend of mine walked along a few of them about 2 decades ago and told me that they aren't engraved into the ground very deep at all. You would imagine that natural processes would have covered many of them up by now with dust etc but they haven't. Though some of the piled rocks may help to shield them somewhat.

They do have some incredibly accurate geometry that would have been an exceedingly difficult task to complete from the ground level. I definitely think that they were drafted or checked from altitude.

Viewing them from distant hillsides also skews the designs so there would be no good way of making sure the geometries were correct from there. Directly above would appear to be the best way.

As a previous member wrote, perhaps they utilized balloons of some description - waxed pig skins and hot air but we don't really have any evidence of this. However, not impossible.

I can't help but get a very spiritual feeling (or one of sheer awe) from them each time I see them and the amazement never dies away.

Though they may have been for spiritual, ritualistic reasons, I truly feel that those ancients experienced beings from the heavens and were trying to lure them back - which could tie into the whole spiritual, ritualistic reasons anyway.

They certainly continue to engage the mind - just like the pyramids of Giza. It's a shame we have lost all this ancient knowledge.

Start & Flag my Friend!

IRM

[edit on 30/7/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I also have a old previous thread on some info on Nasca lines!Have a look..www.abovetopsecret.com...!

Great thread!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Very nice. My mom is from Peru so you get a star Josh.

I read some of TK's old thread and it's probably somewhere between what others have mentioned.. drawing shapes for the Gods to see. Perhaps just a massive art project (visible from the hills) as RuneSpider suggested.. Or maybe something inbetween.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hey hey!

I'm back!
And I have a new theory!
The Nasca Lines are runways for alien space ships!
Which personally isn't true since UFO's go everywhere...
So I think they must have been made for religious reasons.
Imagine if you will, a "sorcerer" from ancient times.
This sorcerer claims to be able to bring things such as drawings to life.
So after having people in his kingdom construct these images(to conquer other nations when summoned).
Nothing happened, and that's why we are left with these images( I got this from a novel, while in the novel this idea was played out differently)
That's all!
Comments are appreciated, still waiting for a good skeptic to come along...

Sincerely,
joshedis

p.s the alien runway could be real...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I support your claim Josh..that is why i said have a look on my thread..mybe there could be something for you!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR
Humankind through time immemorial has failed to find satifactory answer to why the pyramids evident all over the world was built.It has been quick to explain them away as some kind of craze that all acient civilisations around the world caught onto.........by coincidence.......!

The proof is everywhere, these puzzles whe have to unlock and to open our eyes!could it be that we can time travel!

"SO CALLED GODS"
The most strongest cases are:
EGYPT: HAWK MASKED GOD

IRAQ: HAWK MASKED GOD

CENTRAL AMERICA: HAWK MASKED GOD

These were gods wich people feared,These beings has been documented in many civilisations spreak across the globe, could it be the same visitation events!

What do we see on movies when Columbus discoverd a new land, he gave the inhabited people gifts.We see these today wich was left for us to unpuzzle.

this picture is called staff of power, look at the shape of the head and eye of the person on the left

Could this be visitors from our own future world, playing GOD!

could this be a communiction device on his ear!

If these Gods were visiting earth how would they get here and back!

From aerial shots we can see that messages was left for the visitors for such as landing strips.

"And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpets exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled?And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire; and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly?And the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder?-Exodus 19:16-19"

This object was found in 1898 in a tomb at Saqquara, Egypt and was later dated as having been created near 200 BCE. As airplanes were unknown in the days when it was found, it was thrown into a box marked "wooden bird model" and then stored in the basement of the Cairo museum.

There is no shortage of descriptions of flying machines in ancient sources. If we try to extract the core of myths of different provenience and remove the embellishments, we discover to our surprise that flying in ancient times seems to be the rule, not the exception.

Another source of similar material is the Book of Enoch, particularly the Slavic version, which contains some parts which the Greek version is missing. The book not only describes flying in the air, but also through outer space, including the relativistic effects mentioned?Enoch spent several days on a spacecraft, but when he returned to Earth, several centuries had passed by.

Who knows we could of even walk with the dinosaurs!

For those of you too lazy too look here is GUNSINWAR's post!
Thanks for your support guys!
I really want to figure this out!
I completely agree with GUNSINWAR too!

Sincerely,
joshedi

new topics

top topics

join