It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in California 5.4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I hope this is the place to post this as I could not find it anywhere else, if not please feel free to move it, thanks.

LOS ANGELES, July 29 - A moderate earthquake struck east of Los Angeles on Tuesday and was felt hundreds of miles south to the Mexican border and east to Las Vegas, but there were no reports of injuries, major damage or power outages.

The earthquake struck at 11:42 a.m. local time (1842 GMT) about 30 miles (48 km) east of Los Angeles in the community of Chino Hills, where it was felt strongly. The quake was followed in the next hour by at least two dozen aftershocks.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I live in So Cal and was near the Sunset Strip when it hit. We felt it, as it shook our car and the cars around us. We were standing on the street about to get in the car. It lasted a long time.

Something interesting, and I'm not shouting "conspiracy" here, but it's all over the radio, of course, and people are calling in saying how it was SO strong, and that they thought it was really odd that no animals seemed to sense it ahead of time. Usually, pets seem to sense these things, but a lot of callers are saying that their pets were as surprised as they were when it happened.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OMG i hope nobody got hurt...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Their was just a 3.6 in Chino Hill, Ca.

To follow as they happen go to

earthquake.usgs.gov...

As their seem to be many going on right now, very small and very deep, it could be the animals are not "picking up" on the new ones?

Wondering about HAARP? Any thoughts?

[edit on 29-7-2008 by amazed]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hope all our Cali members are okay.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by milabb.
OMG i hope nobody got hurt...

Not that I am aware of, seems to be a lot of folks "shook up", but all seem to be safe.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I gathered a bunch of quake info at this thread as it broke.
ats 5.4 Diamond Bar (LA) Cali earthquake 7/29/08

[edit on 7/29/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I dont live far from Chino Hills...and it felt like it was stronger than 5.4, my house really shook good for almost a minute...I felt only 2 aftershocks so far.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
it was way stronger than 5.4. They're just saying that so the public won't be alarmed. This is the works of H.A.A.R.P and the governent is just doing testings for the HUGE one that's about to hit soon.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was in the shower when this happened and i got really scared because at first it started shaking a little but then it got way faster i hope nobody got hurt and that everyones okay...take care Cali people

top topics

join