It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Island Creature

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
With these new photos it looks like maybe it's a boar

Still a bit hard to tell.

Hopefully we'll get some test results on it soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
A very important clue is the paws. It rules out animals like dogs, pigs, etc.

Dog Paw:

Possum Paw:

Montauk Creature Paws:
Montauk Back Paw Enlargement
Montauk Front Paw Enlargement

Raccoon Paw:

Raccoon Back & Front:

The following site shows how to skin a raccoon. It's extremely gruesome, and frankly they're not doing a very good job of it. But the similarities are there:

**WARNING: Extremely graphic images! NOT for sensitive viewers!**

How to skin a raccoon

And more:
Dead Raccoon
Another Dead Raccoon

Edit: Fixed link

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Whatever makes you think you have the right to judge my worth? You and GemWolf both miss the point, these entities can and do mimic every living creature and every creature that has ever lived, here or anywhere else. The form is one thing, the composition another.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is what some scientists have to say:

Scientists have rushed to say that the monster cannot be any of these creatures. It seems that its feet are too wide apart to be a raccoon, its eye ridge is not that of a dog and turtles don't have teeth. What is more, its back feet look like sheep feet, while its front ones have strangely elongated paws.

Scientists believe that either the picture was created using Photoshop or that somebody used latex or other materials that can resemble skin to create this strange animal. However, looking back to those days when a dead platypus was shown to scientists for the first time, some of them though that the animal was the creation of a taxidermist.

Source

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I really think this is a SEA TURTLE missing it's shell for some reason. Poor thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

ok, there are witneses, but doesn't mean this photo is not a photoshop job, may be the racoon did washed up, and there are group of people witnessed it, but whoever took the photo have altered it in photoshop as suggested above, i challenge anybody to answer the following questions:

why isn't there a shadow for the bit of cloth on the fore arm?

why both of the fore arms completely clean, where the rest of the body is covered in sand?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHY ISN'T THERE ANOTHER PHOTO OUT THERE, MAY BE TAKEN FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE, ANY REASONABLE PERSON WOULD TAKE ATLEAST A COUPLE OF PHOTOS FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES, THIS ONLY POINTS TO THE PHOTOSHOP THEORY, BECAUSE THIS PHOTO IS CREATED IN PHOTOSHOP (AS IT IS DIFFICULT TO CREATE MORE THAN ONE PHOTO OF DIFFERENT ANGLES)

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I was a beaver trapper for 11 years in northern Alabama as a younger man. Beaver pelts brought fairly good money 25 years ago or so. While trapping, my buddies and I would snare racoons very often, maybe a half dozen or so a week. The hides from these Racoons were a consolation prize, as they were sought after in certain circles too, although for much less money.

All told, I have probably skinned at least one hundred Racoons, and I would say 100% wiithout a doubt this will be proven to NOT be a racoon. The hind legs and rear shank are absolutely not in keeping with a racoon.

I respect the reasonings and the effort put forth by several on here, and grant the computer mock ups lean toward the racoon theory...but any backwoods old timer on earth can tell in about five seconds this is not a racoon.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I dont think its photoshopped. i think it s real. lol but im only 15 anyways its cute whatever it is. probally some expperament duhh..

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Thing is, it looks like a dead Raccoon.

If it were truly that or another known species I would think that 4 biologist would have the ability to identify it as such.

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. There is a problem in the waters. People are being bitten. They say jellyfish, but, after viewing this, who knows. It could infect and grow to epidemic proportions before the government responds or considers that it is alien.

I further predict that animals and small children are at risk. They will manifest themselves in your Zoo's, especially the large cats and other predators. You do the citizens of New York a disservice by taking this warning so lightly. Violent, bloody crimes will take an upturn, these are the patterns of their behaviour.

This is happening now and started several years ago, but, no one paid attention then and they are not paying attention now. It is as if they know, and are orchestrating it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

OMG!!!! I'm serious...It looks a like a pug dog!!!in that first new pic!!
As far as you and debris..
you guyz should have a debate(you know the ones on hear ..what are they called???
ya know what??the the legs look alot shorter than a racoons skeleton

P.S. my wife thinks its a "OTTER"!!!

[edit on 07/07/08 by bugs_n_recovery]

[edit on 07/07/08 by bugs_n_recovery]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siren

Thing is, it looks like a dead Raccoon.

If it were truly that or another known species I would think that 4 biologist would have the ability to identify it as such.

it is clear to me that this animal did not come from the ocean. It was dumped there. And as i recall this animal cant be found now. Ok, maybe i missed the part where they said 4 biologist studied it? If this is so then i would question there credentials. we may find That the witnesses that claim they saw other ones on the beaches and these so called biologist are just people in on this viral marketing stunt by the company venom. Go to there web sight and you will see.

Ok, thats it for me on this subject. No point in beating a dead raccoon, Oh i mean horse. I am moving on to a new subject. Enjoy people. And maybe take some advice and dont get to wrapped up in this matter. And thanks to all who spent the time to research and contribute to this matter.

I am satisfied with the raccoon findings. And if im wrong, well it wouldnt be the first time. We all learn something new everyday.

Good day all

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSI respect the reasonings and the effort put forth by several on here, and grant the computer mock ups lean toward the racoon theory...but any backwoods old timer on earth can tell in about five seconds this is not a racoon.

By taste only maybe? "Backwoods oldtimer" Really, this has just gotten silly!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Beak of a bird, body of a dog...
This is obviously a bird-dog.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So I just seen it on CNN. There is some tlifegaurds that say have recovered the remnints of the creature(racoon).
They are also saying that the "fur" on its leg is actually a cloth "band" that one of them is wearing on around there neck..(it didnt look that big to me)
anyway CNN says that knowone knows what it is,
they did mention racoon and turtle, even a pitbull.
I wish some biologists would settle this!!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OK, now the NEW pictures looked Photoshopped to me. Especially the head area.

One thing we no for sure now, apparently Scraps is a boy!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugs_n_recovery
I wish some biologists would settle this!!

For those still doubting it's a raccoon:

is now conventionally believed to be a relative of Rocky, the raccoon. Larry Penny, director of Natural Resources for the Town of East Hampton, believes the creature is a raccoon in the beginning stages of a watery decay.

Source

"What you think is a beak is actually the canine teeth," Corwin told Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly. "What we have is an incredibly rare" — dramatic pause — "raccoon."
New York magazine contacted the East Hampton Department of Environmental Analysis, which denied the town's animal-control unit had disposed of the beast. "It's a raccoon," Margaret Carry-Smyth told the magazine.
It's clear from this angle that the dead animal is, or was, quite male. It's also clear from an examination of the half-rotted head that it looks awfully like that of a — drum roll — dead raccoon.

Source

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to take up that bet I made earlier in the thread?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Was obvious to me it was a raccoon the second I compared the bottom jaw to the bottom jaw of a raccoon skull. No other mammal has teeth quiet like the front 4, how they kind of slant outward. Still can't believe people are still debating this.

I think debris765nju is hilarious! Dude I see it now, there are totally aliens in the colors. And these snawzberries taste like SNAWZBERRIES!

Hey bro, I think I see one on this picture, can you run it through your filter and tell me what type it is in the fire please? I fear it's a horrid beast or possible invasion. We may be at great risk from this one.

members.aol.com...

Thank you for your input debris765nju.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stonefree386

Damn scientists, can't leave well enough alone. It isn't bad enough for them that people kill people NO, they have to mess with genes and stuff. Mark my words, someday there will be monsters roaming the countryside and zombies walking the street. Damn crazy scientists....

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hello all. I know i said i wouldnt be back to this thread but i just watched the latest fox update on this so called creature. Im hoping my e mail to them had something to do with this latest corobulation. Im sure many of you have heard of jeff corwin. He is an animal expert and here is his take on what this creature is.www.comcast.net... fig=/config/common/fan/default.xml

Sorry for not posting the video directly. That is something i still have trouble doing on here. Maybe ill take a day to mess with it and figure it out.

Anyhow, I hope that most of you if not all are satisfied with it is a raccoon answer. Because thats what it is. Thank you all again for your time and have a great weekend.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join