It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Island Creature

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
once again ive never seen fur on a turtle and you can clearly see "FUR"

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't see any fur

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by careface

Looks like fur to me, but then the question is if the raccoon was skinned, then why is there still fur on it?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by careface
uh no it's not a racoon. their skull is shaped completely different. all this is is a turtle missing his shell. you can see the imprint of his old shell on his rear end.

I guess in a cartoon world that could be the case - where turtles can just "loose" their shells. Wow. Actually, the skull is exactly the shape of a raccoon's, just missing the upper teeth and all of the snout.

A turtle with hands and a detachable shell - I LOVE IT!!!

Also, fur will completely rot away when a mammal is dead in the water. I remember seeing a dead mole next to a stream when I was a kid and the skin appeared almost identical to this, no fur at all.
Remnants of the fur can be seen where the ears should be and behind the jaw. Also a little bit of skin folded over with some fur on the forelimb.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by animachina]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
yeah it looks like a skinned racoon. The top row of teeth look like they were knocked out except for a few still left in there. the beak is really the nasal passage where the soft rhinium has rotted off completely.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is an alien creation by non-physical entities, it is a self-contained form similiar to that of the chupacabra. I personally don't think that "creature" is dead, they don't need to breathe, being non-physical they don't need to eat or drink. It is a multiple being creation, like the Roswell alien girl, you can do an autopsy on it without hurting any of the beings inside. The major entities are aligned on the centerline from head to tail in the form of a row of humanlike faces. Altering the light values or using a highlighter at a small aperture setting will make them clearer. Expect the creature to mysteriously disappear.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
This is an alien creation by non-physical entities, it is a self-contained form similiar to that of the chupacabra. I personally don't think that "creature" is dead, they don't need to breathe, being non-physical they don't need to eat or drink. It is a multiple being creation, like the Roswell alien girl, you can do an autopsy on it without hurting any of the beings inside. The major entities are aligned on the centerline from head to tail in the form of a row of humanlike faces. Altering the light values or using a highlighter at a small aperture setting will make them clearer. Expect the creature to mysteriously disappear.

Right. Which is why it looks so remarkably like a raccoon that's been dead and floating a few days.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i wrote this on another thread but i will copy and paste the same here as well as it might be of useful information on this "thing"

my girlfriend use to live on Long Island and there is an animal researching plant off of Long Island called Plum Island. they do animal experiments there.so that might be a reason or procuring cause to this animal floating onto Montauk.

more info here

External Link

might be a possibility? you never know?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here is the beauty of the beast, if someone takes the carcass home or some place to be examined, most of the creatures that stretch up and down the beach will get a ride inland. The carcass was designed to be your focus so you don't notice the others lying invisible in the sand. In a very real sense, it is a trojan horse. Hint: If they want you to take it, they won't smell that bad. If not, it will stink to high heaven. Listen guys, if it is strange, it needs to be examined. When you see the spider, you forget about its web. Same with these things, if you are close enough to see, you are treading on the web. If no one takes it, when no one is around, it changes into a dog or some other "ignored" animal and walks inland until it can attach to a moving vehicle. (depending on their purpose and/or need)

[edit on 30-7-2008 by debris765nju]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Why do you feel the need to horribly pixelate every image you come across and then mess with the coloring? It's fairly obvious from bone structure and body shape it's a raccoon, or at the very least a member of the same family, recoloring a pic, or pixelating it will not change that.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It's probably a viral marketing or advertising scheme for a movie or video game. I'm guessing its a viral for cloverfield 2.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The grains of sand stuck to the body suggest it is about the size of a mouse to a small rat. It looks as if it had been skinned before it ended up in the water, and does look as if might be nothing more than a rodent of some sort. I'd nee to see a view from the front of the skull to determine if it is a beak or something else.
or it could be something that came from the time travel experiment, or from another dimension. Who know with out more information, and a few more pics.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i think this may be a photoshop fake, if you study the shadows closely, there is no shadow for the cloth wrapped around the fore arm, this suggest that the cloth was added onto the original picture to hide the joint between the original arm and the fake finger like hands, do you notice that there is no sand on the hands, they are completly clean where the rest of the body is covered in sand. the shadow around the head/nose is also lighter than the other shadow suggesting the head has been altered or added on after, this may be a composite picture of different animal body parts. may be a dog's body with racoon head and arms? that's my theory.

definetly not a turtle for reasons discussed in the other thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It's so obvious that people don't want to read through the entire thread, but they want to reply their opinion.

It's clearly been explained that it cannot be a turtle (an explanation with pictures etc. was given...) Yet, one after the other we see "it's a turtle"... It is NOT a turtle.

It's also been explained that it's not a "beak". If you look through the thread you'll see that there are high def pictures where you can clearly see that it's a normal jaw with the top teeth missing. And if you take a careful look at the teeth you'll see that this cannot possibly be a rodent.

I don't even know why I'm bother with this. I bet a $1000 dollars that there are still going to be "it's a turtle" posts after this.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonefree386

if you look really close you can tell that it is a possom....except the body is bloaded. So its not a monster of whatever it is a bloated possom.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned turtle yet? KIDDING!!!

I think the head is throwing everyone off. It has decomposed more than the rest of the animal (which I don;t think usually happens, but maybe there was some trauma to the head before or after death). It clearly has hair or fur. It looks like it was quite healthy before it died. I don't think it's a muskrat anymore, anyway.

I suppose we'll know soon enough. Just test the darn thing already.

I HOPE this has nothing to do with a Cloverfield sequel. Ugh...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by IrvingTheExplainer]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hell, all I want to know is how does it taste rolled in some cornmeal and deep fried?

If it tastes like chicken, then it is definitely terrestrial.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonefree386

This may be a stretch, but on this animal's right leg there seems to be a piece of cloth tied on. Wierd...

I thought something similiar, like it was a tag (like a lab or hospital tag) of some sort. I also noticed that it appears as though it died giving birth to a creature. The thing is partially out. It looks more like a dog rat being. With all the cloning and gene selectivity going on, it could very well be an experiment that broke loose to give birth.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Your observation is keen. I see it. It is also inside the thing. My first glimpse, I thought it was giving birth. Which means the hazmat should quarantine the area and take up the sand. Question is, where would they quarantine it and how?

If it is not for you it is against you... Bioterror

This is an alien creation by non-physical entities, ...

When non-physical entitites take physical form, they can be killed in the physical sense. After thinking about this, I wondered if IT is a mechanism by which the underworld could infiltrate this world. Perhaps, this is where the saying comes from that "the world has gone to the dogs". In any regards, someone has been tampering with nature.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Siren]

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Siren]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's a raccoon. Not a dog, not a turtle, not a muskrat

See Image below. Fits perfectly with the body of one. Also teeth verify it's identity.

www.animachina.com...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Ciphor]

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Ciphor]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join