It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Island Creature

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think it's a Chupacabra (goat sucker) also known as a Jersey Devil.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ok, i was leaning towards a racoon but the skull doesn't match up close enough.

however, a koala skull does. and body shape is also closer to a koala.

So, what is a koala doing washing up on a beach in the US?

Edit:

Actually, I was missing the canine hole on the top jaw, it's there but you can't make it out at first. I must concur racoon but it's top canines are gone.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by WarBow]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i'd say man-bear-pig. half man, half bear, half pig.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Word "on the street" is that it's part of the viral campaign for Cartoon network's Cryptids are real. I don't buy it. Why do something like this (which is pretty gruesome) when its end market is kids?

Example

Nope. I'm sticking with my original opinion...

Also, those giving their opinions should take a close look at the high definition pictures posted here by ruabadphyshtoo. You'll change your opinion. Trust me.

Edit to add: This is why it's not a turtle

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stonefree386

No, there is a facility to do research on viruses and such on an island in Long Island Sound but it is close to being closed. It is where they keep and do research on the most deadly viruses in the world...ie Small Pox etc...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
the local newspaper said it was a skinned racoon with it's top jaw missing.

line two.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I cant recall my login so im posting this anonymous

First thought that came to mind when I saw the body was Bulldog. But frankly it could be any animal. Also if you look closely both front legs are bound together by that "cloth". I also thought that it could possibly be from Plum Island. They do a ton of weird stuff out there. So much so that if you were to even try and get over there you get in BIG trouble. (Yes I live very close to Montauk).

Of course my real conclusion is... fishermen. I've been around fishing on Long Island enough to know there are allot of shark fishermen who are just outright sick.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
DNA TESTING.

Why hasnt anyone done any on it?

And, to me (and I am an idiot) it looks like a Gryphon.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It looks like a Chupracabra to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Stonefree386

Could this creature actually be a sea turtle? the sea turtles get Very big and could there be a possibility that its shell was busted off either by a predator or a bad storm? This could just be the body without the shell maybe?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just saw this on fox news and they believe its all hoaxed.Just what i heard.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
I just saw this on fox news and they believe its all hoaxed.Just what i heard.

That is not what they said, they asked if it may be. The fact that they would entertain this idea at all without research is sickening. I sent them an E-mail Telling them to do some research on this before entertaining the notion that it is an alien or creature not of this earth. This is what is wrong with news channals like fox and others, No real investigating at all, Just put some guy on there talking about far fetched ideas and hope it brings in viewers. Its just sad.

www.comcast.net... =/config/common/fan/default.xml

There is the link to the fox video. Sorry I dont know how to put the video directly on to the screen.
They should atleast offer there opinion and not just act so stupid like they so have no clue what it may be. Research is key fox news!! get a clue.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

impossible. the arm on the creatue goes down toward its feet then bends up, like our arms. but a turtles arms go up towards the face, then go down and out. but i can see where you're comming from

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Absolutely a raccoon missing it's fur, snout and upper teeth. The hand-like paws, body shape, everything screams: "I'm a dead raccoon for God's sake!"

Here's a pic to help illustrate....

[edit on 30-7-2008 by animachina]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by animachina

that's a great illustration! did you do that yourself?

now, maybe you could do a turtle and a gryphon over it, too, just to confuse the gullible!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Ya it really looks like a penguin.But....
the tail its way to long for a penguin!!! but i cant think of anything else
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm???

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ruabadphyshtoo

ya know with it blown up you can see that if you added some length to that decompped snout it lookes like a dog..
ya thats it lol

oh no wait its a racoon for sure

[edit on 07/07/08 by bugs_n_recovery]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by animachina

Hey i think thats very close, Only reason i didn't say raccoon was because to my knowledge raccoons are a little larger and have quite a wide body (though i don't know how much of their bulk is fur) But its definitely of that family or similar families which includes meekats, Mongoose etc .

I'm in the UK and i've seen a few dead ferrets on the sides of roads which should be surprising since they are not indigenous to the UK, So on that basis although Meerkats etc are not indigenous to America the fact that because people keep them as pets you shouldn't rule them out.

But yeh this animal is definitely nothing unusual.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
uh no it's not a racoon. their skull is shaped completely different. all this is is a turtle missing his shell. you can see the imprint of his old shell on his rear end.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
Maybe:

It was frozen in an glacier and due to melting ice it fell into the current from canada or iceland washing up on shore in New York. Looks prehistoric and it would explain why a land creature is in the water-

That would be my guess as well. Bet we start seeing lots of strange things washing up as the ice melts.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join