It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Island Creature

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
It's certainly an odd looking beast, that's for sure. A decomposed penguin was the first thing that sprung to mind, but I sincerely doubt that's what it actually is.

The beak is the interesting part though, the top part is almost definately a beak, while the bottom has teeth and a 'pointy bit', like a tusk.

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea what it is.

DECOMPOSED PENGUIN!!!??
PEnguins live in the south pole I didn't know that the currents flow up tiwards the north ?

I.E. I find it unlikely but I don't know so don't qoute me...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
For those of you that think it is a turtle.

"Q. Can turtles take off their shells? A. No

The turtle's outer shell is made of a thin layer of keratin, like your fingernails. But underneath that layer, there is a layer of bony plates that give the shell its shape. The ribs and vertebrae (backbones) are part of the shell too. So removing the shell would remove part of the skeleton of the turtle. There's a drawing of what the bony part of the shell looks like here. The labels are not in English, but you can see why it's impossible for the turtle to take off it's shell."

Copied from

www.turtlepuddle.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
First, it cannot possibly be a turtle.
1. Turtles don't have teeth.
2. You've seen turtles crawl out of their shells in the cartoons, right? In reality a turtle's body cannot stay "intact" without the shell. The inner layer of a turtle’s shell is made up of bones that includes portions of the backbone and the ribs.
3. Turtles have scaly/leathery skin. This animal has a smooth skin and had fur.

Further, it's not a canine because the claws/paws doesn't match that of a dog.

The size of the fly tells us it's a small creature. If we take the average size of a house fly - about 6 millimetres (1/4 inch) and we compare that to the size of the creature, it would make the creature about 300-400 millimetres (very rough estimate) or 12-15 inches with the tail excluded. A racoon's body length can be from 600 to 1200, which means that this animal falls into the "small racoon" range.

The skull fits the racoon's skull. (You'll notice the top front teeth is missing, giving it the "beak-like" appearance.

The claws/paws is strikingly similar to that of a racoon.

The colour of the (remaining) fur matches that of a racoon. (Question is - where did the fur go?)

In conclusion I'll put a large sum of money on racoon.
Racoon Skeleton

I woudln't completely rule out Meerkat - it's just a bit far from home... And the muskrat has rodent teeth which rules it out.

On a side note, there's some whisperings of "Viral" in the air...

Edit: Format

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I would lean towards Raccoon as well, but what bothers me is the fact of, or lack of, decomp.

Everything's a meal to something...

Even if it was in the water a short time, signs of predatory or scavenger marks should be apparent.

Odd to say the least, not so much the creature but the situation.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
IT IS A CAR WITHOUT WHEELS.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Maybe:

It was frozen in an glacier and due to melting ice it fell into the current from canada or iceland washing up on shore in New York. Looks prehistoric and it would explain why a land creature is in the water-

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
My best guess, having read all the previous posts is...

A French Bulldog
(with an un-docked tail)

Poor thing.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TenEighty

I agree with you. The teeth make it much easier to pass off as a mammal than a turtle. Besides it seems like there would be more damage to the skin had it been a turtle without a shell. The nose does look like a dog's snout after the skin is gone.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I would say its a racoon as well. And i believe this animal was killed for its fur then dumped in the ocean. Look at how the remaining fur on the right leg is pulled back.

And the size of the fly was a great indicator of the size of the animal. Unless of coarse some will argue that the fly was part of the testing and mutation of this creature.
They may even claim they heard the fly say help me.

And the "viral whispering you hear should be gone in a month so all will be good soon.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My guess, muskrat:

www.ux1.eiu.edu...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by IrvingTheExplainer]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IrvingTheExplainer

If you look closely at the pictures (and read through the entire thread) you'll notice that the animal doesn't have rodent teeth...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tha Joker

I can't remember the last time I've seen a furry loggerhead turtle.

If you look closely, you can spot some fur under it's neck that hasn't yet been shed because of decomposition. Also, WTF is up with the bound forearms?!

I think TenEighty is along the right track with the Muskrat guess. I think it must be some sort of rodent at least related to the Muskrat. Here's a pick of a wet Muskrat. You can see it's fur is similar in the pic and I choose a wet Muskrat so you can get some definition of it's body structure. Closer than anything I've seen posted thus far.

It's been said that Muskrats are freshwater creature and wouldn't have washed up in seawater, but I propose that this may have been the cause of death - well, you know, other than having it's forearms bound and no telling what done to it.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

I can't remember the last time I've seen a furry loggerhead turtle.

If you look closely, you can spot some fur under it's neck that hasn't yet been shed because of decomposition. Also, WTF is up with the bound forearms?!

I think TenEighty is along the right track with the Muskrat guess. I think it must be some sort of rodent at least related to the Muskrat. Here's a pick of a wet Muskrat. You can see it's fur is similar in the pic and I choose a wet Muskrat so you can get some definition of it's body structure. Closer than anything I've seen posted thus far.

The legs are too long for a muskrat.
I am pretty sure it´s what I posted earlier.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Dead baby raccoon. Couldn't have been dead very long.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
have you seen this?

[edit on 30-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

"this one has wrinkles under it's neck."

ahahahah

-

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think it is a Klingon from Uranus!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Also, WTF is up with the bound forearms?!

I know! If that is actually some kind of cloth material tied around its leg, now I'm thinking this poor animal was possibly tortured and dumped in the water.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Looks like a turtle that got out of its shell somehow...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TenEighty

you guys are missing the ovbious look at the hands on that thing there are fingers then look at the write wrist there is remenants of a sleve cuff and what ever it is that is a beak on it dont be swayed look again verey closly and see .

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
for starters, it looks like a dog to me.

that said, some info on Montauk can be found here:
en.wikipedia.org...
and here:
www.onmontauk.com...

montauk is not an island. it is situated on the easternmost tip of long island's south fork. It is a hop, skip and a jump from Plum Island (google it for some scary stuff) and it is home to Camp Hero. The east end of long island has a rich history, dating back to colonial times and the area has a rather interesting history when it comes to the strange. Supposed ufo crashes, strange military projects, a suspect plane crash and the ever kooky celebrity behavior make for interesting research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join