It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Island Creature

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think it's the creature who got through the hole in space time. The food here was lousy and it perished. Thats my guess.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TenEighty
I can see the turtle sans-shell similarities too but the problem is the teeth... no 'modern' turtles have teeth it seems. I would lean towards dog too, with nose damage, but what is with those feet? They just don't look like dog feet to me. But maybe it is the angle or something.

I agree. One of the first things that struck me when I thought this may be the carcass of a dog was the "paws". They almost appear to have thinner more elongated "fingers" to them than a normal dog paw. I also don't see any visible sign of nails, which dogs normally have. However, things do look much different when decomposing.

On the side of this creatures face near the neck area does anyone notice that patch of what looks to be fur?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why don't people ever bring these things to a lab for DNA testing? Like the fool in Texas who kept the head of that supposed Chupacabras in the freezer. Is everyone who discovers something strange a blooming idiot?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It does look bloated as if it has been in the water, but what makes me question it is the fact that there are no bite marks or chunks of flesh missing from it's carcass. Isn't it usually the case when a carcass is in the water for any length of time? Whether it be small fish that nibble or large predatory types?

Also, like most of the other replies. The feet throw me off thinking that it could be a dog. The rear foot almost looks like a small human baby foot. Although it could just be the angle of the shot.

I'm leaning towards a possible photoshop job.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ok. Since no one has taken the liberty to do it yet, I will. Here are photos of various animal skulls, including all of the mentioned ones in the previous posts. Then we can compare and try to come to a conclusion here. One thing is for sure. It's not an alien creature or a hybrid or anything, we just don't know which animal it is.

Dog Skull

Meerkat Skull

Muskrat Skull

Mongoose Skull

Sea Turtle Skull

With that said, here is a photo of the object with the dog skull superimposed on it. So, like I originally said, it's clearly a dog.

From the Somethingawful Forums

[edit on 7/29/08 by Tha Joker]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
its fur was probably scorched off. another fine example of human compassion.

Maybe its something kids are into these days.

9-Year-Old Delaware Boy Faces Felony Charges for Setting Kitten on Fire
Tuesday, July 29, 2008

NEW CASTLE, Del. — Authorities have arrested a 9-year-old boy and charged him with setting a kitten on fire in Edgemoor Gardens.

New Castle County Police say officers and Delaware Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals arrested the boy Friday.

Police say he is charged with a felony count of cruelty to an animal causing death. He failed to post bail after being arraigned and is being detained at the county detention facility.

Police are still looking for more youths involved in the killing.

Authorities say the youths were seen July 10 pouring lighter fluid on the kitten in Edgemoor Gardens, then setting the kitten on fire. The kitten ran to a nearby tree, where it died.
link

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I used to clean pools and we would pull out hairless bloated squirells and other mammals that looked similar. I also did taxidermy in college and again it looks like a decomposing animal that has lost its fur or pelt. Good for skeleton mounting only.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
Like I said I'm pretty sure I've seen that image or a similar one before. I seem to remember it from somewhere, like maybe from coverage of an oil spill or something, I believe that this is a real image that has been PhotoShopped.

Well I can assure you, this is definitely not a photoshopped image. There was an article about it in the local newspaper (the East Hampton Independent) You can read it here:
tinypic.com...

they are saying its a raccoon, but i dont think it is. I live out in the hamptons and local rumors are going around saying it washed over from plum island. I dont know about that, but its weird huh?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

My first reaction to that is to drive to Delaware and beat the living snot out of those kids. Just another instance that makes me ashamed to be a human. Anyway.......

As for the topic at hand, I don't know if I buy a dog in that photo. Looks like fingers, almost, on the front legs and I can't think of any dog that has paws like that. At least right off hand I can't.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
larger image:

closeup of head:

foot:

hands:

[edit on 29-7-2008 by ruabadphyshtoo]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Muskrat aren't going to live in river like the Hudson river or in salt water.This is a cool find but i'm afraid its a loggerhead sea turtle without the shell.During the decomposing stage the beak area gets swell from sea water creating a puffed effect.

yeah.. didn't i just read.. that all turtles have lower jaws full of big canine teeth.. oh wait a minute that was the Weekly World News.

-

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I was trying to post links to larger images above, but it didnt work out so well. how do i delete a post i made?

lets try this again:

larger full image

closeup of face

foot creepy how the foot almost looks human

hands

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ruabadphyshtoo

Sorry mate, the links don't show up.
Tha Joker, very good work there. I don't have the tech myself, but could you please provide a overlay for a Raccoon? It's the official explanation we have, and while the dog overlay is close, it's not a exact match.
I've found 'coon, possum, and dog bones before, and what skeletal shows, loos similar.
The remaining fur does seem to match the colors of a raccoon.

As for the fur being scorched off, there'd be obvious burn marks, blisters, melted fur.
And a floating animal doesn't necessarily get gnawed on. i've found floating dogs, boars, fish large and small, and if there's a opening they can take advantage of they will, if not, they seem to wait until it gets soft enough to eat. I've also seen a fair amount of dead critter out in the open, and the fur does seem to slough off as it decays.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
And as usual no one thought of getting a video image.
UFOs abound. Invest in a video camera people!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Its most definitely a turtle without its shell, its "teeth" is actually a beak.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i stuck them all here including the newspaper article:

fido

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Come on it's obviously baby Cloverfield...

Maybe a promo for the sequel?

Cloverfield Hamptons

This time a housefull of very rich kids filming a reality special are caught with an MTV camera in tow as they race from mansion to mansion trying to escape.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I have never seen a furry turtle. I HAVE seen raccoons and this looks like just that to me.

Check this out img179.imageshack.us...

Oh and brace yourself, Mopus. The monster in Cloverfield WAS a baby.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by adamneldon]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
have you seen this?

[edit on 30-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Interesting video. I was just going by the special features I watched on the DVD.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join