The Women's Restroom; and other feminine mysteries

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

You know, I could probably talk about this way more than would be considered normal, but I find animal behavior fascinating in general.
To keep from driving the thread further away from the topic I'll at this time simply agree that strength does play a role, being tempered by natural disposition, in my experience

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oh help... *Laughing way too hard for my own good*

I just can't believe what I'm seeing and hearing - rotfl!

Safe for Work.

I had NOOOO idea...

[edit on 16-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
haha mow the lawn, i like it dur dur dur dur mow the lawn.

Women are easy to understand
i have found out all we need to do is listen

Cant live with them
cant live without them

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There are a lot of funny posts on this thread, and many made tongue in cheek.

The truth is, and without bragging, there's no man on earth that knows as much about women as I do.

And I don't know a damned thing.

They'll chase after a male that they find attractive, and if they catch him, the first thing they begin is a major renovation/rebuild to "knock off some of the rough edges."

IF THEY ARE SUCCESSFUL, then they end up with something they really don't find attractive, and certainly don't care for.

So guys, if you find a mate, my suggestion is to determine a division of labor: You make all the big decisions, and let her make all the small decisions.

You'll find that even after decades of marriage, no big decisions ever come up.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Oh help... *Laughing way too hard for my own good*

I just can't believe what I'm seeing and hearing - rotfl!

It's about time someone made a commercial out of the cliche'. The antithesis is 'shear the sheep', but I digress.

To the previous poster, it has a lot to do with determining motivation. Some people are very clear with their motivations. Some people are never clear. Most however, have some obvious motivations and a lot of obscure ones you have to dig for. If you play card games, it works much the same way. What people say or do is not always a direct route to what it is they want.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

CITIZEN: Divine lady, before you go -- may I bargain for a secret?
NEPHTHYS: Yes?
CITIZEN: If I give you my devotion and build a temple to you, will you tell me what women want?
NEPHTHYS: No secret in that. This one doesn't count, or cost you anything. Women want the truth -- but they will settle for control. Good luck.

From a play about Osiris, Isis, and Set that explains the creation of this "game" we play here.
It reminded me of this old thread of mine when men were asking what women want.
link

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
All I can say is, woman's public bathrooms are nasty.
Is it that women say to themselves, "I clean my own damn bathroom everyday, I sure ain't in hell going to pick up after myself here, someone else can do it."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

I think that is exactly it. Nailed.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I do have a question, why do so many women go for player type guys, guys they know will cheat on them? Is it the challenge? Or the yelling and screaming that always ends such relationships?

[edit on 29-7-2008 by LDragonFire]

I'm a woman, so here's my theory.

I guess that's the same question all the other guys have: why do women go for "bad guys"? My guess is that we're all brought up with unrealistic expectations of what constitutes a relationship. We grow up with Barbie dolls and princess dresses, with stories like Cinderella and the Little Mermaid, and The Beauty and the Beast.

So we're wasting our lives waiting for that "knight in shining armor" to rescue us, or the more modern version, the knight in slightly chinked shining armor who is physically strong but emotionally a bit damaged, and whom we in return have to rescue from the demons that are haunting him.

THAT's why women go for the "bad boys"; a) for the above-mentioned, romanticized reasons, they're somehow sexier than the "Goody-two-shoes"; b) they believe they can CHANGE the guy over time; as in "Love heals all." Of course that never works (and I have plenty of experience to prove it), and when the whole thing breaks apart, the woman is left licking her wounds, wondering whether she didn't love him enough to succeed. So she'll try even harder with the next guy. It's a vicious cycle.

Why do you think many women insist on spending their life's savings on their weddings? It's just ONE freakin' day, for crying out loud! But they've been indoctrinated that it's supposed to be "the happiest day of their life." And wouldn't you do whatever it takes to make it so? They unfortunately forget that the wedding day is only supposed to be the BEGINNING, not the final destination. Remember that romance novels and movies always end at the point where the hero marries the heroine; they never talk about the dreary everyday life that comes after.

In other words, women are much more indoctrinated by glamour magazines, fairytales, toy manufacturers, not to forget their own parents and families, etc. than men... and it basically starts from the first day they draw breath.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
reply to post by seagrass

I only ask for a single answer to help clear up confusion with women... in fact it goes beyond confusion into the realm of cognitive dissonance / cranial implosion.

E.G.
- Girlfriend does NOT like violence, not even violent movies or violent music. Girlfriend LOVES diamonds. Explained to her that the diamond trade is coated in corruption and blood. Every diamond in the store is potentially the cause of multiple deaths, and even if not - the diamond industry itself fuels wars and genocide on a daily basis.

She understands, but doesn't care. She just wants that damn stone that does nothing but look pretty.

If you can manage to drill that logic into my skull, I may just have a breakthrough.

and just to clarify: YES, I am making the assumption that MOST women have the same feelings towards diamonds.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by scientist]

Not me; I rarely wear jewelry and told my husband right away that he shouldn't bother ever buying me one. A cubic circonia looks just as nice and I don't have to worry about losing it.

Theexplanation for your girlfriend's attitude is most likely: COMPETITION. If she has a circle of girlfriends that are all about "nice stuff," it's likely that the peer pressure is huge, and she'll only feel good about herself (and you) if she can show off a "big rock" to her friends. Essentially, big diamond = love and appreciation. The bigger, the better. Yes, it's shallow, yes, it's insane, but if you don't want that, you'll have to look for a different type of woman to hook up with.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
Why do you think many women insist on spending their life's savings on their weddings? It's just ONE freakin' day, for crying out loud! But they've been indoctrinated that it's supposed to be "the happiest day of their life." And wouldn't you do whatever it takes to make it so? They unfortunately forget that the wedding day is only supposed to be the BEGINNING, not the final destination. Remember that romance novels and movies always end at the point where the hero marries the heroine; they never talk about the dreary everyday life that comes after.

That makes some sense, I could never understand it (and in fact I refused to have a big expensive wedding and she is still irate over it 6 years later). The choice was a big huge expensive wedding or your dream house (where we'll live and raise our kids for the next 30 years)... she wanted the big wedding! HUH?!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by seagrass

They describe us as materialistic, insatiable, inevitable cheaters, and this is just here on ATS.
Why do we have such a bad reputation amongst men? (Never mind the other side of this coin please. Women feel the same about men I am sure.)

Seagrass I have often thought of myself as a hopeless romantic. It's becoming harder and harder in this day and age to really find true love. Sometimes all I want in my life is someone to love and love me in return. But the odds are against me. I am 32 years old and and have spent the majority of those years single and unattached for the following reason. Of all the women I have dated over the years I have yet to find one that understands the concept of honesty and integrity. Thats not to say that honest women don't exist but from my experience they are far and few between. I have found women to be lier's, cheaters, and materialistic. Thats a recipe that seems to fit the bill every time. From my experience I have come to the following conclusion:

Men approach a relationship with a woman thinking "what do I have to offer her?"

Women approach a relationship with a man thinking "what does he have to offer me?"

Now of course, not everyone fits the above description because in every analysis there are statistical outliers. But for the most part, the above axiom is true!

BTW: If there are any single ladies out there looking to meet and decent honest guy please, by all means, hit me up

[edit on 30-7-2008 by LiquidMirage]

You do sound nice, but I have to ask: a) do you live in a big city? It's harder there to find good women (especially if you look for them in a bar; and b) what are your criteria when you're looking for a woman? If you go by T&A, as one female poster here said, then it's likely that you get one who IS shallow, materialistic, and self-centered. Before you ask someone out, you should try to figure out what kind of PERSON she is. And remember, often the ones that are exceedingly pretty have been the shallow cheerleader types in high school and have probably been "Daddy's little princess" their entire lives. Of course they're spoiled and needy. Now, I'm not saying you should go for the ugly ones; just make personality your priority, not looks.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
nvm forget about it.
edit on 9-2-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Originally posted by Grendel39
I read just the 1st page of this thread but I had to ask before I was done reading all of it. Here goes...

Why is it during a "discussion" with a woman and a man feels he's actually fixed things.... a few days later he's confronted with it again? I think I know why. The woman who HAD the discussion quickly went to her OWN girlfriends and discussed it, sort of a womans court.

This happens all the time and this "court" is packed with yes women. There in lies the problem. We aren't just arguing with you but every female you know! It's exasperating! NOW, You've had a "few days to think about it", you've consulted with your friends and decided to renegotiate the terms of the "discussion" we had DAYS AGO! Men NEVER get on the phone or talk to their buds at work about what relationship problems they have but women feel the need to consult. What does that say about making up your own minds?

Also, I'd rather NOT have "our" personal business discussed within the family. Yet that happens as well! Say there was a rough patch in a relationship..... why does the entire side of the womens family and friends need to know about it? Why can't women keep private matters just between the couple that you are?

I could go on but I think I made my point.
you need to have this conversation with her. Explain why it isn't good for your relationship. Women probe each other for information.
It is common to have these talks. It is almost rude not to answer them. But she doesn't have to offer up that info. I can understand why that would be annoying. If you could ask why first instead of saying you do this, and that... you might get somewhere faster. I would explain how it makes you "feel". She will relate to that. She might not even consider it may be embarrassing for you, or irritating. She may not know why she does it. She may want other's opinions on relationship issues. Just like we are doing here.

I have to agree with Grendel, though... these "women's courts" can really destroy relationships. When hubby and I were newly-weds and lived in NJ for nearly a year, we got into a circle of couples where the women had all known each other forever and called each other every day to yap about this, that, and the other.

They'd spend hours to complain to each other what their husbands did wrong ("Can you believe what he said today?"). I was not that close to them, so the only person I had to complain to was hubby himself. I should mention that all of those couples (about 5) got married around the same time my hub and I did... today we are the only ones of the whole bunch that are still married. The others are all split up, some of them with the nastiest divorces imaginable.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The one girl that I've dated the longest ever.. Probably 2-3 months it was. I was friends with her long after I uhm.. "dumped" her. At one party she told me the following:

I wanted you because you did not care, and was treating me like nothing. That is the only reason I wanted you. That is the reason that I was interested in you. That is the only reason I wanted you back. Because I liked that.

All tough she was a bit tipsy at the moment, I could see that she really meant it. Go figure..

edit on 9/2/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

That makes some sense, I could never understand it (and in fact I refused to have a big expensive wedding and she is still irate over it 6 years later). The choice was a big huge expensive wedding or your dream house (where we'll live and raise our kids for the next 30 years)... she wanted the big wedding! HUH?!

You just have to look at bridal magazines, talking about "Your Dream Wedding" and so on. They're trying to make the fairytale come true for one day... even if it costs $45,000. Unreal. My own wedding was beautiful and cost $500, including the rings and my dress.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Our mothers even promote these "glorious end point celebrations". I have had two of those "festivities" and both of them weren't for "us" they were for the people who where coming to it in my opinion. I really don't understand the "wedding" concept. Even while I was preparing for them I was very confused. And to this day when I watch someone getting ready for one, or see the pictures from one, or attend one... I am still confused. They sure can be beautiful though. And sometimes quite fun. Creative yes. (Now the honeymoon, I totally get) But as far as I am concerned after two of them, I never experienced a "true authentic wedding". The guys look like they are nauseous the whole time. My favorite wedding stories are the elopings off to somewhere they pick as a "fun spot" and always will be. So much more romantic and secret.
I also don't believe in marriage. I believe in conscious choice commitment based on trust and alliance.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pointofview

I believe some relationship attractions are really based on self experience. We want to find out what we want, who we are and part of that requires finding out what we don't and who we aren't. I have tried on many outfits I "would never wear" just to prove to myself... "that's not me".

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I am a chick and just hazarding a guess based on what I know of women that do this. I think it's because they don't want it unless someone else wants it. If noone else wants it then how will they become the envy of everyone else? Also, some women really like to play victim.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
reply to post by seagrass

I only ask for a single answer to help clear up confusion with women... in fact it goes beyond confusion into the realm of cognitive dissonance / cranial implosion.

E.G.
- Girlfriend does NOT like violence, not even violent movies or violent music. Girlfriend LOVES diamonds. Explained to her that the diamond trade is coated in corruption and blood. Every diamond in the store is potentially the cause of multiple deaths, and even if not - the diamond industry itself fuels wars and genocide on a daily basis.

She understands, but doesn't care. She just wants that damn stone that does nothing but look pretty.

If you can manage to drill that logic into my skull, I may just have a breakthrough.

and just to clarify: YES, I am making the assumption that MOST women have the same feelings towards diamonds.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by scientist]

I like fiona apples line "whats so impressive about a diamond, except the mining" Seriously, if you are in love with someone, you don't think about these things, they are a non-issue. When you love someone you want to GIVE love. Diamonds are for people that are in love with themselves and the idea of love. They do not know how to give love. Unconditionally.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44 >>

join