It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Women's Restroom; and other feminine mysteries

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

:-)

yeah - good

thanks to Saint for reminding me about that one

but you see?

how could you not like these guys?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

yeah - sorry

but, it's not really illogical if you really think about it :-)
I don't think it is all that logical to want to think about it....

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

yeah - good

thanks to Saint for reminding me about that one

but you see?

how could you not like these guys?
exactly.. I would like to see more of their engineering philosophies on women.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

or maybe this...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72b2f20980ab.jpg[/atsimg]

with the right earrings - a little heel...

forgot to add - flame resistant

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

The reason why video games feel 'old' after a while is because at the end of the day it's all fake...just flashes of light on a screen. I think it was part of God's grace to make the two sexes so different...it makes life interesting. !Viva la differencia!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

or maybe this...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72b2f20980ab.jpg[/atsimg]

with the right earrings - a little heel...

forgot to add - flame resistant

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Spiramirabilis]
We could have our names embroidered on and wear dog tags in case the radiation kills us and it's a long time before they find us.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That looks like a fun game.
Are you saying, Saint, that AFTER videos, you feel like being with a real person, not flashes of light on a screen?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sorry for the late reply Spira. But:

reply to post by vasaga

OK - on just a few...

Shopping is not fascinating.

agreed
Good

If you truly want honesty, don't ask questions you don't really want the answer to.

right back atcha
True

Dogs good. Cats bad.

would welcome an explanation - have my own theory...
For me, dogs listen better, they are more trustworthy, feels more like a friend than a cat, you can play ball with them =P, cats are not bad, but dogs feel more personal imo. If you want a fun read:

www.rightwingnews.com...

Maybe that deserves its own thread

If he has to sit through Legends of the Fall, you have to sit through Showgirls.

nobody should ever have to sit through Legends of the Fall. Ever.
I hope so

Yes, peeing standing up is more difficult

I want to question this one - but if it's true that peeing while standing is difficult, then it's likely the question will only confuse you
Well, it is. Sometimes it has a mind of its own so to speak, but that does not mean he can not clean it. He should.

And uh.. This is pretty funny too:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
That looks like a fun game.
Are you saying, Saint, that AFTER videos, you feel like being with a real person, not flashes of light on a screen?

*cold sweats* Uh...uh... "I refuse to answer on the grounds that this may incriminate me."

In seriousity (new word), the lure of gaming and other non-illegal drugs such as football are interesting at least for a while but it's a hunger that will never satisfy, a thirst that is never quenched whereas love for another is a fulfillment. Perhaps it's part of the human nature to pursue these unquenchables even though we have all that we need, but maturity in its wisdom tells a person to see what we have and admire its radiance more. *runs before the gaming and football mob begin chase*

[edit on 13-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
For me, dogs listen better, they are more trustworthy, feels more like a friend than a cat, you can play ball with them =P, cats are not bad, but dogs feel more personal imo.

This is a very good explanation and don't think I really thought this through to such a degree but believe you're right. If I were to drop dead, my dog would likely wail, moan and lay on my corpse until decomposition (pretty picture, ain't it?). A cat would stare at my body for a moment and think, "D@mn, I guess I have to get dinner myself" and would walk away.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

and sorry for MY late reply vasaga

guess we're all caught up... :-)

except - cats/dogs: cats are more difficult to know - and maybe you all mostly like dogs because you like something that wags it's tail whenever you show up and sits when you tell it to

that was humor :-)

the video was good - but I can see I'm not spending enough time - and I don't buy enough products

finally - what happens in the shower - stays in the shower

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

you didn't mean this for me - did you? :-)

thought maybe I was writing in my sleep again...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I prefer cats for the fact that they don't require my approval to feel safe. I appreciate that cats can do their own thing, and I'm quite happy letting them. I'd rather have a cat who will look at me as an equal, if larger, companion and shares my space by sitting in my lap than a dog that looks at me as it's 'leader' and finds its place at my feet.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I prefer rats. The only thing they do wrong is chew up your favorite sweats when you aren't looking. And they eat your leftovers, no matter what it is. Dogs are great when they are somebody else's. Cats are great when they live outside mostly and still catch mice.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure they won't come looking

we'll be on our own

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
I prefer cats for the fact that they don't require my approval to feel safe. I appreciate that cats can do their own thing, and I'm quite happy letting them. I'd rather have a cat who will look at me as an equal, if larger, companion and shares my space by sitting in my lap than a dog that looks at me as it's 'leader' and finds its place at my feet.
I don't think a dog needs approval to feel safe. A dog will probably protect your home better than a cat. Cats are fun, but they do their own thing. Let's put it this way. Cats are more selfish than dogs. They basically are more on themselves, that's true, but you can't rely on them either. With dogs it's a balanced trust relationship. He relies on you, and you can rely on the dog too. A dog shows more feelings.. And I personally love that.

But different people have different taste
Some people don't have the time to maintain a dog though, since they are a bit harder to maintain than a cat. They need more attention.. Imo saying you like cats better because of that is laziness but ok. I'm not referring to you personally, but in general.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

A cat's perceived selfishness is its lack of a natural social hierarchy, at least to the same extent as dogs. They are solitary hunters, therefore they have a stronger sense of self, but they do have a social structure in an environment where there is more than one cat present that I've seen myself. One that's based on deference to age and seniority. Dogs on the other hand rely on each other to hunt, and the big dog, the strongest dog, is always the leader. So it's only natural to me that dogs are more useful and friendly whereas cats are more like that friend who takes their shoes off and puts their feet up on your coffee table before asking, "Is this okay?", if they ask at all. But I'm really not saying one is better than the other, I love animals of all species and think dogs are wonderful.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
After forty years on this planet I think I have the answer all men need.

Be yourself. Act as you normally act. Do what you normally do. Say what you normally say. Wear what you normally wear. Feel what you normally feel.

Don't try to be anything other than yourself or she will eat you alive. Very simple yes?

If the woman isn't interested or tries to change you dump her and move on.

My man and I have a mutual understanding. I love him as he is and he loves me as I am - that includes my "fuzzy logic" and "woman's only filing system" - and his bad habits and mullet (yes he has a mullet ladies - I know eh?)

Thing is he tried for 16 years to be what his ex expected and ALWAYS fell short. I tried for 8 years to change my ex...and I always felt like a biotch and he always fell short.

Be whoever the hell you ARE and somewhere there will come along a woman who adores you for it - regardless.

I think age has a lot to do with it but overall I think it can be chalked up to people not really knowing and trusting who they are and falling prey to the "standards" that are imposed by others.

I fell for my current BF knowing all of his faults, bad habits, quirks and an amazing assortment of absolutely wonderful qualities that other women might pass on in light of a few of the "bad" habits...he's a gem in the rough.

I adore men and their weirdness and I think most women need to give their heads a shake and lower their ridiculously high "standards" and take a wander through reality. There are some real nasty guys out there with very low opinions of women in general, but they are outnumbered by so many diamonds in the rough that it would make your head spin.

Women are mysterious because you make us that way - by trying to be what you "think" we want or need - rather than just being who you really are.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
reply to post by vasaga

A cat's perceived selfishness is its lack of a natural social hierarchy, at least to the same extent as dogs. They are solitary hunters, therefore they have a stronger sense of self, but they do have a social structure in an environment where there is more than one cat present that I've seen myself. One that's based on deference to age and seniority.

Only partly; strength is a factor too. I have 2 cats, one 18 years old and one 8 years old. Until about 2 years ago the older one was definitely dominant, then the younger one started encroaching on her "privileges" (the nice spot on the couch, for example).

But yes, the hierarchy is very clear, as is my place in it: the top. I'm the one with opposable thumbs and a litter scoop

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
relationships are a lot like this....

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join