It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Women's Restroom; and other feminine mysteries

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by seagrass

no need to feel bad seagrass :-)

we don't need to buy into the stereotypes

I say - let them cook
Lmao... Tora! Tora! Tora! Shall we chant it together while kicking our legs together like showgirls?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

what am I missing here?

:-)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

what am I missing here?

We shall dance and carry on while they cook... Cheers! Losing the stereotypes could be quite enjoyable.
I say let them cook too!

[edit on 12-3-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
What is your specialty? And let's have the recipe...

My chicken soup seems to be quite popular.
Give you the recipe? I require much more tenuous and gentle prodding than that before I reveal my secrets

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well my new mantra is "let them cook!"
How long til dinner?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I clean too. Take out the trash. Laundry. Don't miss when I pee...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

how did this happen Traveler?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Careful Traveler... suddenly you will have 2manyu2uz.....

That is advertising at it's most genius.

what is it with me and my apostrophes ??

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Naturally occurring phenomenon apparently. I certainly wasn't trained. I burned butter when I tried to cook for the first time at 18. Had never touched the laundry, a mop or a toilet brush. The extent of my household chores were the usual mow the lawn, rake leaves and drying the dishes. Then I found out being considerate goes a long way and that I actually don't mind doing all those things.

But I suspect I'm rather rare, much like lavender unicorns and roller-skating squirrels.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

well - you apparently have standards - it helps

and not all men are cretins :-)

it's time we abandon the stereotypes

I was at one point forbidden to do the laundry or the ironing by one gentleman I knew

you understand what I'm saying? :-)

on the one hand - OK by me

on the other hand...hard to feel good about that

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The "forbidden" part throws me.
I have a rebel instinct at the sound of it.

tell me more? I wouldn't feel good about it in any sense I dont' think.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I'd be happy to relegate gender stereotypes to the dustbin of history. Actually, I believe as humans are evolving, and we do seem to be whether that evolution is cultural, social, psychological and/or physiological, that gender roles are not only increasingly useless but potentially damaging.

I myself don't quite fit the stereotypical male type human, going well beyond my willingness to do 'house work' and haven't had the greatest time fitting in. I'm not a huge sports fan. I cry when I'm sad and I get moody. I like to talk about my feelings. I understand not all needs can be expressed verbally. And, frankly, I'm proud of it though those qualities have been met with reticence from men and women. Eh, whatever.

Thing is, at one time it made sense to have clearly defined gender roles, since our gender characteristics determined our place in burgeoning civilization. Essentially being male or female was part of the job description by necessity. But those days are past and we no longer live in a hunter/gatherer society in anything more than a shadow of its former self. It's time to move and I think a lot of men and women could use a bit of refreshing in the ideals of what gender should determine. It isn't about being better or worse a man or woman, but being a more well-rounded human being. And I think all of us could benefit from that. You have to share the burdens if you want to share the joy.

Now, as for you being forbidden to do the laundry and ironing, I'm with seagrass and not quite sure. But what immediately came to mind was freshly dyed undies and interesting new patterns on pressed shirts. As for being forbidden, I'd be rather offended. It's fine if he wanted to do it himself, but it's not right, nor a justifiable mentality, to tell you that you can't do it. That's what I call 'getting over on someone'. Inferiority/superiority issues that are the death of many relationships.

Wow, it's late. I don't if any of that will make sense in the morning, but what the hell

Oh, and the reason some men smell their socks (and whatever else we smell which I won't get into now) is because we just like to know how we smell. Crude and primitive, yes, but then some things may never change

[edit on 12-3-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Haha, funny list. Ones that were true for me:

------------------------------------------------------------------
You know, YOU can ask HIM out too
If you truly want honesty, don't ask questions you don't really want the answer to.
"Fine" is not an acceptable way to end an argument.
Your (select appropriate item butt/boobs/hair/makeup/legs look fine. As a matter of fact, it/they look damn good.
He does not just want to be friends.
Call so he doesn't feel like he has to.
Two hot dogs and a beer at a baseball game do, in fact, constitute going out to dinner.
Socks never constitute a gift.
Dinner out is a pretty good birthday present.
I go clothes shopping to buy, never to look.
Yelling to me across the house sounds exactly like stadium crowd background noise to me. I am not ignoring you.
Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation and monster trucks.
When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.
Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it! (This one is golden)
A headache that lasts for 5 months is a problem. See a doctor.
If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done-not both.
We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.
If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. (Actually I just tend to take people at their word. I'm naive, I know)

If you buy her flowers, you're after something. If you don't, you're not thoughtful.
If she has a headache, she's tired. If you have a headache, you don't love her anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the list, it was an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I've never shopped with men. I always feel sorry for them when they are standing there holding all the bags looking zombified.

You're a compassionate soul. I don't mind shopping with my spouse most of the time, it's just when it takes way longer than anticipated. For a guy, it's not what's on the outside, but what's on the inside that counts...for example, ask your guy, "Would you like to help me pick out a new coat? Or some lingerie?"

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Dogs good. Cats bad.

would welcome an explanation - have my own theory...

For me I'm allergic to cats...and not crazy about taking care of any animal, but I'd say that on the whole cats have attitude and are self-righteous ingrates. This can be an issue for some people. Dogs are "dumb and happy", which is actually a personal goal of mine.

nobody should ever have to sit through Legends of the Fall. Ever.

If my spouse really really wanted to see it, I'd watch it. I can tolerate some of the worst of movies to hang.

I want to question this one - but if it's true that peeing while standing is difficult, then it's likely the question will only confuse you

Go ahead and shoot. Er...probably not the best choice of expressions there.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If standing while peeing is difficult, then perhaps it should be difficult for us to clean the toilet and surrounding areas. You have to eventually sit down sometime....or walk in barefoot.

or just respond with our own version of reality (aka logic)

Clorox Readymop for the win. Quick, easy, agile, kills 99.9% of germs, and it shoots bleach!. What guy doesn't want to pretend thousands of little germs are dying at the handle of his mop?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Do men really care? Do they even look at it before they inhale it? Ok, now I am just being mean.... Pass the salt..

Some do, some don't. I'm critical of my own cooking but more grateful than discriminating for others who do so.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

was that Freudian slipping I just saw? What are out ladies?
oh ok edit it... there ya go... Traveler. What is your specialty? And let's have the recipe...

Chicken Fetticini Alfredo

Fetticini noddles in boiling water
Classico Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce (x2 for a full pot)
Grill the chicken on a bbq grill (or griddle for the winter). Salt and pepper the chicken. Also feel free to throw on garlic, orangano and/or rosemary
Cut up the chicken, strain the noodles and toss in the warmed sauce.

One side: get some portobello mushrooms saute'd in canola oil, butter, salt, white pepper and celery seed.

Other side: Steamed broccoli, salt, butter and pine nuts.

Appropriate wine: One of these - Bolle's Grillo, Reuniti's D'oro, Beringer's White Zinfindel or a Reisling if you like something drier.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

you know - sometimes you just gotta look at yourself and be honest

he wasn't quite as controlling as I made it sound

and - I did burn some stuff, sooo....

don't remember what happened with the laundry, but, whatever it was - it wouldn't surprise me

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
LMAO.. S4G you had me giggling and spilling my morning coffee on my battered ugly robe..(what is lingerie?:lol

Clorox ready mop....lol

If my spouse really really wanted to see it, I'd watch it. I can tolerate some of the worst of movies to hang.
and this is just plain sweet. just to hang....
you and Traveler are awesome!

I'd like to see the "battle in the kitchen with chicken" between the two of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join