It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: 5.4 Earthquake in Diamond Bar (LA) California USA 7/29/08

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
TV says cell phone traffic is jammed in LA. They also said it was possible that some towers had been shut down by officials.

Also they said buildings swayed in downtown LA. Biggest fear right now is broken gas lines.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

i did when i was a little kid back in the early 90's when we had that really big earthquake which was a 7.0 i think and i was living in Palm Springs at the time and i remember the house shaking for a minute straight lol

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wow, this breaking news really is 'breaking'!

(I'm so sorry... I couldn't help it!)

Anyway, I hope no one was hurt at all in this. I'd be interested to see who may have predicted this happening as uforeality claims. Could there be any more to come?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This was the First 'Big' Wuake since the Northridge quake in '94 right?

So every 14 years we have a moderate sized quake...

Not bad...

I hope that this was the Quake EVERYONE has been fearing for decades...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
watching live on fox news from scotland..

Mixed reports coming from the public, its a big, or it aint no thing!

Keep safe you LA ATS'ers and watch out for those aftershocks.

link   
Some folks got a GOOD shaking. Where is Walnut, CA? One chart says they felt it at an 8!

link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I knew this was going to happen today.

I have the ability to sense when a natural disaster is about to happen before it does (especially earthquakes).

I don't care who believes me, it's true.

It's not something I like because I can't "call" upon it, but I sense these things strongly before they happen.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by ufo reality]

Oh I totally believe you. Animals such as birds and dogs sense things, and humans are animals after all. You have a finely tuned sixth sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
walnut is right near chino hills.

Make sense they felt it pretty strong there. but nothing in my house was even knocked over. it was a very gentle earthquake. I doubt there will be any non cosmetic damage. I doubt any pipes would have burts from the shaking.

Not nearly as bad or violent at a 7

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Walnut is next city from Diamond Bar toward coast (west) about 3-5 miles.
Been here near Lake Perris all my life a really big one rocks the fish tank and spills water. Not this time. Just a hard hit like hitting something in your car. It hits and then you kinda wait to feel if its gonna be big. local news says 10 small after shocks.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

LOL....Well then, Thanks for the warning!
I truly hope you are joking. If not, then you have some MAD skills!.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hmmm. They are calling it a 5.4 now. I will have to edit the title again.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just heard on the news that the quake was downgraded to a 5.4 magnitude.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
yeah it felt pretty weak. I doubt any swimming pools lost any water. Was very gentle though more of a bouncing or bumping than a shaking.

link   
They are saying that water mains are broke and radar at LAX is out of commission.

-Kdial1

link   
It was shaking here more then I have remembered in past quakes. it was probably one of the closest to my location (Anaheim) since the Whittier quake I think. We actually had some stuff fall down here which is not common at all, not to mention we actually felt the up & down aspect of the energy wave, not only the rolling.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

LOL....Well then, Thanks for the warning!
I truly hope you are joking. If not, then you have some MAD skills!.

I was about to create a thread about californian earthquakes(the big one i heard about in a documentary a few months back) before even seeing the news or thread...it was literally 50seconds...then i clciked referesh and there was the post...strange....probably coincidence though,strange none the less.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

This quake wasn't a natural disaster though lol 5.8 is nothing for the folk living in California!

I wonder though if the Earth is just letting off some tension or it's a precursor for something larger ?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see if anyone saw those rainbow clouds in the sky just before this event. I am sure GWB caused this to punish the liberals.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh, c'mon!!! I was in High School, in the early 1970s, when a much larger quake hit, epicenter was up in the San Fernando Valley. (I was living in Hawthorne). This is such NOT news, it's ridiculous.

I was pissed because school wasn't cancelled that day....

People should be happy this quake happened, it means that some stress was relieved, so there won't be an even bigger one!

edit to add here....Dr. Kate Hutton, from CAL Tech, is conducting a live news conference as I write this. Her point was right on: There are a lot of people living in California who never lived there before....this is a tempest in a teapot!! and, a reporter just asked the stupidest question ever!! He asked if there was any warning, at all, in seconds....maybe he should have asked a psychic!!! Sheesh!!!

[edit on 7/29/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Very strong jolt here in Long Beach. First thing I felt was the room start to sway for a second or two and then it felt like the ground lifted up about six inches and then slammed back down. After that just a lot or rolling and swaying. I judge the whole event lasted between 20 and 30 seconds; fairly long for a moderate quake. My phone service is out also, both land and cell but, surprisingly, my wireless broadband is still up. Go figure.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be just a fore-shock.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join