It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Ted Stevens (GOP, Alaska) Indicted on 7 Counts of Corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Sen. Ted Stevens (GOP, Alaska) Indicted on 7 Counts of Corruption

www.washingtonpost.com

Alaska Senator Ted F. Stevens (R) was charged with seven counts of making false statements on his financial disclosure forms in an indictment unsealed in federal court in the District this afternoon.

The indictment accuses Stevens, former chairman of the powerful Appropriations Committee, of concealing payments of more than $250,000 in goods and services he allegedly received from an oil company. The items include home improvements, autos and household items.

The Alaska oil firm, Veco, and its onetime leader Bill Allen, asked for help in return, which Stevens allegedly provided. Allen and a former Veco lobbyist pleaded guilty in May 2007 in connection with their role in the scheme, Justice Department officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, the hoary, grating, dopey bane of the Senate, who infamously talked about the "internet tubes"--a cranky, annoying, ill-informed codger who was second only to Robert Byrd in superfluousness and antiquity--has been brought down by old-fashioned greed.

Good riddance! I guess Jon Stewart won't have you to kick around anymore!

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Agreed. Although I do feel a bit sorry for the man. He's 84 and the article I read talked about his hands trembling as they read the verdict. However, to think that he didn't know a hoot about what was going on at his house is a little ridiculous.

What do you think this could mean for Steven's re-election campaign? Do you think the Democrats will take his seat, or will Alaska's Republicans elect a now convicted felon back to the Senate to represent them?

join