It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 . . . or 20,000? Obama's Crowd in Berlin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

200,000 . . . or 20,000? Obama's Crowd in Berlin

www.worldpoliticsreview.com

"The expectations were highly varied," she said in her live report, "from a few thousand up to a million. Those were the estimates. But, now, several tens of thousands have turned out." Barely five minutes before the speech was supposed to start, ZDF Berlin studio chief Peter Frey added, "We do estimate that 20,000 [literally, "a couple of ten thousand"] people have turned out."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Oh boy, the MSM is showing their bias for Obama again. Why would they report a known false number if not to help Obama and his campaign. When will this media bias end? Sad, just sad.

www.worldpoliticsreview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Either way,thats quite a turnout.
Especially for someone who isnt even a president yet.
In fact that could possibly be the largest turnout for a speech in Germany since........

Gotta love the cult of personallity.
Cause if you stop and think about it,thats all Obama lives off of.
All this talk of change,change,change,but nothing to support it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They also don't mention the fact that there was a free concert held right before Obama's speech.

Nothing like a free concert to get a big crowd to show up!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You're obsessed with Obama eh?

I don't think it really matters how many (like the million man march), the fact is it was a large crowd and I suppose we could do our own estimate of the numbers if we look at a picture of the whole crowd and then zoom in and count how many people are in a given part of the picture break it up in to ten rows by ten columns and then extrapolate the number by multiplying it by 100 - simple. No speculation, no bs.

Then again, does it really matter? The media pushes illusions everyday, it's up to the viewer whether to believe it or not.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Either way,thats quite a turnout.
Especially for someone who isnt even a president yet.

Not really because they had a free concert by some popular bands right before the speech. They also had free beer and brats.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I wouldn't worry about it, they aren't voting and this kind of publicity just makes those who don't want to see him elected that more determined.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
You're obsessed with Obama eh?

No, why would you say that?

I don't think it really matters how many (like the million man march), the fact is it was a large crowd and I suppose we could do our own estimate of the numbers if we look at a picture of the whole crowd

You could do that but that will not take into account who was actually there to see Obama and who was there for the free concert, beer and brats.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I wouldn't worry about it, they aren't voting and this kind of publicity just makes those who don't want to see him elected that more determined.

I don't care about the people that were there. My only reason for posting this was to point out the bias from the MSM. They knew the crowd was not 200,000 but they reported it anyway like it was fact.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hmm! I don't know. A few threads about Obama and an avatar that speaks for itself.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The MSM put this out there and many people took it Lock-Stock-And-Barrel...

No mention that there was HUGE CONECERT before and after, free beer, and food...

Hell, a few months back, i went to a Radical Gay Rieghts gathering because they had free food...

Hell, have a couple of the biggest Bands play a concert, and give out free beer, and FOOD, and i will have THOUSANDS of people come and listen to me talk... Anyone can get a ton of people to come with the Promise of Free Food...

Why does the media not report the concert, and other free things... because then that would diminish Obamas power...

_---_

VLF, dont hate on the guy because of his avatar... i think it is pretty cool... in fact... i give you props on it, assuming you made it yourself...

And VLF, how can you critique other peoples Avatars when yours isnt even identifiable... i mean, what is it? THis as actualy bugged me for a while? What is in your avatar...

[edit on 7/29/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hmm! I don't know. A few threads about Obama and an avatar that speaks for itself.

Are you for real?

Oh yeah, a few threads and a avatar really shows that I am obsessed.
/sarcasm. Good grief!

I like to discuss current politics and not necessarily Obama. You would know this if you looked at my posting history instead of making wild accussations. It just happens that we are in a election year so Obama comes up a lot. So does Iran and the U.S. military.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You are obsessed, but don't take it as a bad thing, nothing wrong with it - I was just poking a little fun - that's all. lol.

reply to post by TKainZero

The media is corrupt and has been for all my life - though I didn't begin to notice it until Bill C. was president.

I've been to many concerts or gatherings with music that often throw in some politics or agenda somewhere in the mix and sometimes you can't help but take in some of the stuff you didn't necessarily come to see.

I guess we need to hear from some of the people who were actually there and they can tell us whether Obama was a circus side show or top billing Obama for this event.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You are obsessed, but don't take it as a bad thing, nothing wrong with it - I was just poking a little fun - that's all. lol.

Well, I'm not obsessed but you are entitled to your wrong opinion.

It's no big deal but I don't like to be portrayed inaccurately.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
THis as actualy bugged me for a while? What is in your avatar...

It bugged me too and that's why I took the picture from as close as I could get. It is at least 80-120 tree top and the base is on a unnavigable cliff of loose material about 150 feet below my camera position. Seems to be simply a tree growth, but sometimes it seemed much more.

Here's the whole picture.

Here's the zoom I got my avatar from.

I apologize of going off topic.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Totaly true on the media.

When i was VERY young, my dad said something to me that stuck...

"if you want truth in the NewsPaper, only look at the Sports Scores, and the Stock Market Quotes."

You can't lie about the score, and you can't lie about the price of stocks...

So from the age of 5/6, i have know what the media is...

It bugged me too and that's why I took the picture from as close as I could get. It is at least 80-120 tree top and the base is on a unnavigable cliff of loose material about 150 feet below my camera position. Seems to be simply a tree growth, but sometimes it seemed much more.

Thats a wicked pic... It has all kinds of weird stuff... What are those white things poking out of the bottem of it... I figured it was an arial pic...

Anyway... anyone have any German Connections??? I have a cousin, but she wasnt near where it was held...

[edit on 7/29/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What Theory....you know that Obama was only there for the free beer and brats too.

On a side note.....I too, think that you have a little "Obama derangement syndrome". But your new avatar is pretty funny!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
What Theory....you know that Obama was only there for the free beer and brats too.

On a side note.....I too, think that you have a little "Obama derangement syndrome". But your new avatar is pretty funny!

Well, I guess I have to counter all the people with Bush derangement syndrome.

Seriously, since I like politics, Obama just happens to be the talk of the media right now. I also have to counter all these darn Obamatrons.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
"Some of us see the Truth,
Some of us only see part of the truth,
Some of us, never see the truth..."

new topics

top topics

join