It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaine 'very, very high' on VP shortlist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The article is a couple days old.. but i didnt see it here...

www.politico.com...

Who is this guy...

Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine

Who is he?
What are his values?
What are his policies?
What is his track record?

Ussaly i have some ideas, of an opionion, but i have nothing in this case, i dont know who this guy is, or what to make of him...

Anyone know? Anyone Know ANYTHING about him?

Is this guy a Manchurian Canidate that will take the reigns after Obama gets assasinated?

Thoughts...
Ideas...
Facts???

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here is another piece on the possibility of Gov. Kaine being on the Obama ticket, still speculation but the buzz is deafening.

Virginia governor not saying if he's Obama's top VP choice

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The vice presidential buzz is circling around Gov. Tim Kaine, but the Virginia Democrat refused to address the speculation Tuesday.

"What I said about this is that I have been on board with the campaign since February 2007, but I don't talk about my conversations with the campaign," the first-term governor told Washington radio station WTOP. "You know I save my advice, thoughts, etc., for those conversations, and I don't really share them."

At a news conference after the interview, Kaine said he is not seeking the vice presidential slot.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Forgot to add this link to the Governor's page which shows some of his initiatives:

www.governor.virginia.gov...

Of course this is his official site so if you are looking for something in the closet, it won't be found here.

Hope this helps

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Kaine was born in St. Paul, Minnesota to Mary Kathleen Burns and Albert A. Kaine, an engineer and small business owner.[citation needed] Kaine grew up in the Kansas City area and graduated from Rockhurst High School in Kansas City, Missouri.

Kaine graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics in 1979.[1] He attended Harvard Law School, taking a year-long break during law school to work with the Jesuit order as a Roman Catholic missionary in Honduras.[2] He graduated from Harvard Law School in 1983, and was admitted to the Virginia Bar.

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like he was chosen for his connections to the Jesuit Order as well as his connections to South American Countries. Well that and his 'artistic' back ground in Finance.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by antar]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks for the link... nice web page...

It is always intresting to see what certain people advertise about themselves...

So here comes my INITIAL thoughts on this guy, looking at his page...

I dont like this guys face, he has the same kind of smirk that Dick Chaney had the first time i saw him. He has that smirk that says, "I know things you don't"... a sick face, a twisted face... I get the same feelings that i did when i saw chaneys face... something doesnt sit right... but continuing...

Thats just looking at a picture... i like that EVERYTHING(supposedly) that this guy did, is easly outlined on his webpage...

Ill be back, ill look into his exuctuvie orders and such..

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They're probably just floating his name out there to gauge party reaction. I don't know anything about him, but the obvious fact that he's a southern governor (and one of the few realistic Dem choices available from that region) would seem to automatically put him on the short list for a Dem candidate. They usually lose without a southerner on the ticket.

The Republicans are doing the same thing. Yesterday, there was widespread rumor making the rounds that McCain would name Tim Pawlenty as his VP choice sometime today. Obviously, that hasn't happened.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Virginia is a southern state???

I guess... its a strech... but... oh well...

I think within the next 10 days, both parties will anounce thier VP's...

More likly McCain... Obama can do whatever he wants... he could anoucne it on a Fri. Day at 8pm western time, and the MSM would work overtime to make sure Obama gets his Free Advertising on the 'news' channels....

After the Olymics start, most media will be on that... that is more of an issue for McCain, then Obama...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Virginia is generally included in the block of southern Republican leaning states, though I actually agree with you, it is not a true 'southern' state like Alabama, for example.

The McCain campaign has stated that his VP selection will come before the start of the Olympics. Obama? No clue, though speculation I've heard suggests it'll happen nearer to the convention.

I still fully expect McCain to make a surprise pick here and I think its likely he will select a woman for VP. Sarah Palin's name has been mentioned a lot, but another completely unsubstantiated rumor I've heard is that Marsha Blackburn, one of Tennessee's Congressional representatives, is high on McCain's VP list. We'll see, I guess.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Leave it to a liberal to push a house tax in the middle of a housing crisis and push regional sales taxes that lost two referendums by a 2 to 1 margin. But that’s Gov. Tim Kaine’s plan. And guess what? The “house tax” won’t even go for roads.

TeSo, Tim Kaine who ran on “no tax increases until we protect the no-Trust fund” and who ran against “regional tax plans” proposes both, with the absolutely laughable thought that we should raise the “house tax” during a housing crisis to pay for busesxt

bearingdrift.com...
hamptonroads.com...
sorry if these did not work as hyperlinks

I'm not going to say we don't need taxes. If the tax make life better and roads safer, I'm all for it...but I'm not sure it should be the first and only solution. And, often, we pay and see little change. So, where did the $ go?
And yes, Virginia is a Southern state.

Edits: trying to get the hyperlinks fixed

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Pamie]

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Pamie]

top topics

join