Sen. Stevens indicted: 7 false statements counts

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
News Clip

WASHINGTON - Sen. Ted Stevens, the longest-serving Republican senator and a figure in Alaska politics since before statehood, has been indicted on seven counts of making false statements.

So... Bill lies about head, impeached. This guy lies about stuff that got him a house remolded by the oil companies and... we will see what happens.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Well.. ya see it's like this.

The internet is a series of tubes....

This is so ironic. I say let the festivities begin!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
And he said drilling for oil in Alaska was the devil. Well, he blocked a bill that would FORCE the oil companies to drill in Alaska that the Dems tried to pass but the GOP blocked.

And no one else? Really? A serving Senator is in this much trouble and nothing?

Oh and thanks to the person who moved this. I thought I had it in the right place since this is news. But this really does seem to fit better under People and Politicians.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
And here's an update.

More

July 30 (Bloomberg) -- The federal indictment of Alaska Senator Ted Stevens, the Senate's longest-serving Republican and one of its most influential lawmakers, is the latest election- year blow to a party that's already reeling.

So what's next? I can't wait to see!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I don't know the back story to this, but to be honest... I do get a little smile on my face when I see a politician get busted.

Then my conspiracy senses start to tingle..... This guy has been dirty for a while, so who did he make mad?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
so they threw one under the bus
they still have 49 more
these people are nothing more than corporate sleeze bags and that goes for most of the representitives too.probably figured he was getting old and they need newer blood to get thier corporate deals thru

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Every time a Democrat or a Republican gets caught doing what it is they do best it warms my heart. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. This coin is presented to you by charlatans who remain behind the scenes to make you think you have a choice. The choice has already been made, but not by you. Do not vote any more criminals into office. THE FOUNDING FATHERS CERTAINLY DID NOT INTEND FOR PUBLIC SERVICE TO BE A LIFELONG GRAVY TRAIN. There is a good reason that politicians serve for a specific amount of time. The founding fathers intended for citizen statesmen to give up a short time away from their businesses and families to devote time to help out the country. They did not intend for professional politicians to hitch a lifelong ride on the government gravy train.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Except the Dems don't scream on National TV every day that they are the "Moral Majority more holier than holy."

The Reps scream that they are the ones who uphold the values we all should follow. You know, picking up strange men in bathrooms, molesting children, recieving bribes from oil companies, good wholesome family values.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Update on the story. So we shall see what happens next.

top topics

join