It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aliens; Fallen Angels have not overrun the earth yet - A response to Edgar Mitchell statement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I respectfully disagree

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufosd
Not really what you don't know is there was a former earth before Genesis the former earth was destroyed when Lucifer rebelled and was cast down in his attempt to take God's Throne, that takes some research it is call the Gap Theory, but most Christian believe in a 6000 year earth, Genesis 1:28 shows God telling Adam to replenish the earth, it was done again in the flood account when Noah was told to replenish the earth,,,, the next time the earth will be consumed by fire.

I see. And you know this how?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Deaf Alien

I respectfully disagree

To what? The trinity? Show it to me please.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ufosd

Here's some nice tidbits about the trinity:

There are two New Testament passages popularly used to support the doctrine of the Trinity. The first is Matthew 28:19: "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" (KJV).

The Jerusalem Bible questions whether the formula given for baptism here is inspired or liturgical (added later by the church). The Hebrew version of Matthew omits the verse entirely. And although the passage is found in the three earliest known Greek New Testament manuscripts, without any original New Testament manuscripts in existence we have no evidence to substantiate that the present form of Matthew 28:19 is accurate.

www.yrm.org...

The New Encyclopedia Britannica: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament, nor did Jesus and his followers intend to contradict the Shema in the Old Testament: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord’ (Deuteronomy 6:4). …The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies. …It was not until the 4th century that the distinctness of the three and their unity were brought together in a single orthodox doctrine of one essence and three persons. …By the end of the 4th century … the doctrine of the Trinity took substantially the form it has maintained ever since.” 1

www.islamhouse.com...

And many more but that should be enough for now.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Hi
Yes the scripture that reveals this is Genesis chapter 6 vs 4 and it reads like this also in Jude from the new testament.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.( the word in Hebrew translates Giants )

Jude
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

The angels that rebelled against God did this before the flood and after also, we have their remains found all over the earth large skeletal remains my site deal a lot in this topic from several christian scholars

www.thestrongdelusion.com

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Bombeni

Hi
Yes the scripture that reveals this is Genesis chapter 6 vs 4 and it reads like this also in Jude from the new testament.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.( the word in Hebrew translates Giants )

Jude
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

The angels that rebelled against God did this before the flood and after also, we have their remains found all over the earth large skeletal remains my site deal a lot in this topic from several christian scholars

www.thestrongdelusion.com

These fallen angels walked the earth as giants? I know beyond any doubt that there are heavenly angels that take the form of men sometimes but have no info. or knowledge about fallen angels on earth. Do you believe fallen angels walk the earth now? I have considered that aliens may be demonic, or at least some of them. I have considered that if/when the rapture occurs, it will be blamed on alien abduction.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ok, gonna give my two cents.
I am not religous in anyway, but I will not dismiss that A god might exist.
But here is where I seem to differ from many others...
God might exist, and if so, we would still not have the slightest idea or knowledge about what god wants, does, acts etc. We do not even know what "God" is in my opinion. All our references to GOD is from the bible and from some other written and painted sources.

And therefor I have a very hard time to believe that a supreme being have created us and others etc and also would be the reason why aliens wouldn't have attacked us yet and so on.

To me religon is an ancient word for Ufology. Today we believe in Ufo's two thousand years ago we believed in God and still do.
I believe Believing in God and in UFO's are the same thing.
The difference is that our consiousness have advanced so much and have become on a much higher level, that we more and more began to see what we really saw already 2000 years ago.

I bet that, if I was born in the year 10 BC and saw an UFO, I would very much to a 100% believe that it was a sign from a god. And since I've heard this guy Jesus have a lecture about this mysterious signs I am now willing to believe that there is a god that watch over us. Why? Well, since my consiouness can't imagine longer than that. I would not be able at this time to start thinking about lifeforms from another solar system, probably cause the majority of earth population by then thought that earth was flat, and that stars were souls looking down etc.

What we are thinking normaly today would be "thinking out of the box" for them and far beyond that.
So in reference to their level of consiousness it all fits into the description that A god do live up there making wonders.

Our consiousness have a higher level obviously. We can see that by looking at the amount of people NOT paying any interest to religon. don't get me wrong there are still millions that do believe in it and I respect them and their beliefs. But we can also see that peoples mind today are far more opened about UFO's then we were...maybe 50 or 60 years ago.

Anyway, back to topic. What I want to say is that I...ME, and I am not trying to correctify the OP in anyway, just expressing my believes, is that I think saying aliens does this and that because God says so is not valid. Mainly cause I believe that Aliens existed before God. And that God is an early interpretation from humans about what we today call UFO's.

There... My two cents. =)

Well, I will not say that THIS IS IT!... but this is how I see it and have chosen to believe.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Simply through 40 years of careful study form the word of God and the evidence in creation, it takes a little research,,,,not all agree with my findings but hen again many do,,,,, some of this does not need to be known to become a follower of Jesus Christ, but this information helps when you contend for the souls of men, not everyone needs to have this understanding.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What is this angels crap??!?? They dont resemble angels as described in the bible in any way AT ALL. You might as well call a 747 an angel too its just fantasy B.S. They are mortal beings just as we are, maybe millions of years advanced tech wise. But most certainly not angels. you guys need to spend time actually reading the bible, going to church instead of making stuff up in your bedrooms.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I believe that fallen angels can appear and are doing so now,the apostle Paul said this
Galatians 1:8-9 (KJV)
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
and again here is what we are up against.

Ephesians 6:10-18 (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLifeTooLive What does it say Angels look like in the Bible OneLifeTooLive ?

[edit on 31-7-2008 by CleverPig]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLifeTooLive

Just so you know the term angel simply mean messenger.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

I believe in God The Creator, and that He sent His only begotten Son to save the world. And that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. I believe that Jesus Christ is everything and more that He said He was. It erks me slightly that athiests/nonbelievers think we are nuts; I asssume that they think we are just mindless robotic idiots who believe in something just because someone else told us we should. I didn't grow up in church. As an adult I made an earnest search for the truth and though I am not prepared to go into detail, the gospel as told in the New Testament was revealed as truth to me, just as much as I came to understand that the sun would rise and set each day. Another way to put it for those who need physical proof: you can't see air, but you know that it is there for you to breathe. Even though I personally by God's grace did experience worldly manifestation of God's existence, I knew the truth innately beforehand; perhaps that is what permitted me to experience those manifestations, I cannot say for sure. Well there you go, add me to your list of idiots, albeit an idiot at total peace with her God.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Anyway, back to topic. What I want to say is that I...ME, and I am not trying to correctify the OP in anyway, just expressing my believes, is that I think saying aliens does this and that because God says so is not valid. Mainly cause I believe that Aliens existed before God. And that God is an early interpretation from humans about what we today call UFO's.

What the scripture say about this. Scripture is the only source that can deal with your opinions or mine

Job 38:1-41 (KJV)
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

one more view
JOHN
Chapter 1
The divinity, humanity, and work of Jesus Christ
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Great,,,,Christ is our hope of Glory.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ufosd

Ufosd, specifically how do you believe fallen angels appear now? As average-looking humans?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombini

Foodnet, specifically how do you believe fallen angels appear now? As average-looking humans?

They can appear in several forms, if you listen to those who claim they are being abducted they appear as human, insect like. serpent like, I think the known verity is 50 plus species,,,, now the important issue is not their appearance ,,,it is what they communicate, God's allied angels will NEVER say or do anything that contradicts his word, fallen angels and demons do that ALL the time.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by Akezzon

I believe in God The Creator, and that He sent His only begotten Son to save the world. And that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. I believe that Jesus Christ is everything and more that He said He was. It erks me slightly that athiests/nonbelievers think we are nuts; I asssume that they think we are just mindless robotic idiots who believe in something just because someone else told us we should. I didn't grow up in church. As an adult I made an earnest search for the truth and though I am not prepared to go into detail, the gospel as told in the New Testament was revealed as truth to me, just as much as I came to understand that the sun would rise and set each day. Another way to put it for those who need physical proof: you can't see air, but you know that it is there for you to breathe. Even though I personally by God's grace did experience worldly manifestation of God's existence, I knew the truth innately beforehand; perhaps that is what permitted me to experience those manifestations, I cannot say for sure. Well there you go, add me to your list of idiots, albeit an idiot at total peace with her God.

Just to clear it up, in case you missunderstood me. I respect peoples faiths and opinions, and I don't see religous people as idiots. To believe in god is a matter of point of view. And that is your point of view, which is sacred. It doesn't make you an idiot.
because I respect peoples faith doesn't mean that I agree or have the same faith. What I wrote were my poitn of view. Nothing else. =)

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Oh I know I wasn't really singling you out, I read a hundred posts a day that ridicules Christianity as well as other faiths. I just felt like the time was right to state my position. You were very non-ridiculing actually.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

What the scripture say about this. Scripture is the only source that can deal with your opinions or mine

Job 38:1-41 (KJV)
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

one more view
JOHN
Chapter 1
The divinity, humanity, and work of Jesus Christ
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Is these quotes from the bible?

If it is then I have to say, with all due respect, that the bible is to me just another book, written by humans a long time ago.
It just isn't enough "facts" or "evidence" for me to follow to just belive in and follow. But again. I respect those who choose to follow it.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by Akezzon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join