It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell was it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I also put this on my ATS blog but wanted to see what you all think about this.

This morning I had a very odd thing happen to me.
I was lying in bed trying my darndest to try to get to sleep but it seemed impossible. suddenly I heard what sounded like quiet footsteps coming around the bed to my side.I sat up and looked around.. the door was still closed and none of the children had come in so I layed back down, but no more than a few seconds had passed before I heard another tenative step or two and I was suddenly very alert but still...I sat there and listened and the steps continued slowly one at a time.. I thought I must be imagining things but then suddenly I heard this sound above me it was like a person exhaling forcefully and rapidly in succession like the way a football team does their chant in a huddle before it breaks only this was just a exhale type of sound..*huff huff huff huff huff huff* for some reason I suddenly felt paralyzed I couldn't move and my left side of my body began to shake near my shoulder like someone was lifting it up and down.. I tried to speak but I could not use my voice at all and then as quickly as it began it ended and I instantly sat up and gave a yell my mother in law, who I have been taking care of came in immediately to see what was wrong... She felt that I had been visited by a spirit trying to get my attention.. I will say this.. I do not feel that was a kosher way to go about trying to get my atttention! If it was a spirit I am not so sure it was a friendly one.. thinking back there was a mysteriously bad odor in the back of the house last night that I could not place but my hubby and I had slept in the living room because he was exhausted and fell asleep on the couch.
Given the events as of recent I do not know what to think of this but I had a great fear while my shoulder was being shaken by this unseen force that this was it.. I was going to die. Was it irrational fear over what has happened with my brother recently? I would love to say that is the reason and that I imagined all this but I was quit vividly awake at that time there is no mistaking that.
I am still shaken and somewhat concerned about sleeping in that room tonight.
Ya.. I am just a tad freaked out... I don't know what happened to me this morning but I know it was real and it totally creeped me out!

*shivers*

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Could've been many things! Could be a "ghost", or a type of entity called "poltergeist"... whatever!

Could've been your future self, a part of YOU interacting with your other part, cuz we are all infinite beings in scope, and there are many parts to the "I".

Also could've been a 4th density entity, like a gray or a lizzie, who just showed up to feed on some of your fear, or maybe just implant you with something... the shoulder thing perhaps. Like I said, there are so many possibilities... I couldn't even begin to ascertain what this was!

Let's not forget overactive imagination, though that's that's less probable I guess, given the vividness of the situation. Whatever it was, it wasn't there to help you (intentionally).

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am unaware of any 'natural' reason for what happened to you (for example, you weren't dreaming), so I am inclined to believe that your experience was of 'supernatural' origin.

I don't know what happened with your brother, but I am going to assume it was a negative experience.

This 'entity' or whatever it is appears to be definitely malevelant. The reason I say this is because of the fact that you felt terrified by it, added to the foul odour you smelled earlier on. No positive entity would scare you in such a way and rancid smells are often linked to negative entities. Also it is a fact that negative feelings or negative occurances draws other negativity, which could be related to what happened with your brother.

You could call upon positive forces for aid if you feel that this thing could happen again. I find it difficult to suggest anything else since I'm not aware of your religious affiliations (if any). If you are Christian you could call upon Jesus, if Pagan then request aid from your own god form.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
sure donno... there are 2 things that come to mind,

the entity was an 'Elemental' you accidently conjured???

OR, the entity was from one of the adjacent universes
beside this one that you & i are inhabiting.
The entity/spectre was more than likely befuddled
to have found it/her/his-Self in your presence?!

the actions by the entity seemed more inquisitive than
anything aggressive or harmful...shaking your shoulder
to arouse/ awaken you seems a natural thing...
your apprehension is based on a un-known assumption
that your visitor was trying to interact with 'YOU', it may
have been the visitor was amazed and surprised to be in their situation, too, not sure if you were a person
that was alive...or familiar? even !.

If you got a bad feeling about the encounter then
don't attempt to reestablish communication.

Me, i'm a risk taker...a type 'A' personality...so i'd be
eager to re-connect, perhaps at my folly?

like Castenadas' Don Juan....you have come upon
the crevasse...do you jump? or is your journey still
further? be 'impeccible' as he often instructed

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The issue with my brother was that he had tried to commit suicide just a couple days ago. I know I was shaken up by that.. but this was not a product of my imagination.

I would love to call upon something for help but I don't believe in ANY god in the sense that most religious people do.

A detail I left out originally but I feel may be important is that I had this feeling that this force was taking advantage of the opportunity because I was alone and relaxed which is a very rare occurance. I almost ALWAYS have my husband by my side when in a relaxed state like this. The moment I was able to cry out I did feeling for some reason that it was there because I was alone at that moment making me vulnerable.

Whatever it was trying to do.. I think it failed.

However... I really did have a odd fealing during those few seconds that I was paralyzed and shaken that I was going to die. I still can't shake the memory of that feeling.

Ya, I am still creeped out by this.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've had something like that happen to me before. It wasn't as vivd as your experience, but it was like somebody was touching my back as I was waking up, or that the touching feeling was trying to wake me up for some reason.

That day was a day that change my life. The thing that you should be aware of is that there may be an unusual change in your life.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm very sorry you have had this experence! I have had it on several occasions and they are terrifying. They usually involve full-body paralysis & noises like breathing, humming, buzzing, or bells. Sometimes OBEs are involved, sometimes you're touched by something, sometimes your bed shakes.

There are three general theories why this happens:
1) From the Medical Establishment: it's simple sleep paralysis, a case of your brain accidently waking up before your body does, producing all-over body numbness.
2) From the New Age/Occult: It's a "night-hag," a spirit, a ghost, an Entity (w/a capital "E")
3) From the UFOlogists: It's an alien encounter

I tend to go w/#2 with maybe a dash of #3.

One way to deal with this is as Pisky mentioned: turn to your god or goddess for assistance--or if you don't believe in a "god," turn to your Higher Self (which is very powerful). Before you go to bed, picture youself with a protecting white light surrounding your body. Ask your deity for protection. Kindly inform this Entity that if it's malevolent, you've got protection and aren't going to let yourself be attacked anymore--your will is stronger than this phantom! And if this Entity is not evil and has some sort of message for you (like if it's a ghost and needs to communicate) to do so by a straightforward dream and not by this paralysis method because it's disturbing you.

You might also want to cleanse your house, especially the spot with the weird odor and your bedroom. That will involve a thorough cleaning, perhaps a white candle & some incense, the ringing of a bell (those buggers hate that sound), and some sprinkling of salt (they hate that too).

I had an odor once in my house too, it smelt of brimstone and the wall it was coming from was very hot (I know, this is really creepy).

The first time this happened to me about 6 years ago, I didn't do anything about it but get freaked out, and it happened multiple times. The most recent time this happened, 11/03, I pulled out all stops and did the white light thing, the ritual cleansing thing, etc. -- and it didn't come back.

Why do these Entities do this? Emotional vulnerability as the result of a recent trauma (which seems to be what happened to you) is one reason. Six years ago, it was because me and my friend were doin' the Ouija. In November, it was because of an illness & subsequent emotional trauma.

Hope this helps.

JD

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I had an experience like that about 20 years ago. The heavy quick breathing and footstep sounds that would come closer and closer to me while I was in bed. Did not ever smell a bad odour though.

In any case, after being fed up with being scared out of my wits and covering my head with my blanket, I finally jumped out of bed and said "GO AWAY"

and it immediately went away!

I know that I had likely conjured up whatever it was as this was a time when I was dabbling into the Ouija and conjuring spells as a teenager.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Very interesting that you both mentioned ouija in connection with your experiences, but I have not touched a ouija since high school which was over 10 years ago.

My greatest concern is really not for myself.. I have a very strong will... but for my family.

If there is something linguring... I do not want it near my husband, mother in law and DEFINATELY not near my children.

How do you perform this cleansing without religious undertones?

JD

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For myself, I did not have to do any religous type of cleansing ceremonies.

I simply strongly and firmly told it to go away. Of note, I was no longer scared by it but angry that it was bothering me. Thus it may be that these things prey on fear, and once that fear is gone they leave to go bother someone else.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Religion-free cleansing/banishing? Let's see...

Part One: The Cleansing
You clean the affected areas carefully and thoroughly. Use ammonia or other strong disinfectants. Are there any areas of clutter in those places? Straighten them out. Get incense, a scented candle, some flowers, anything nice & soothing--beautify these affected areas and have them smell really really nice. The key here is a fresh cleaning, a fresh scent, and an environment that is comforting and pleasing to the eye--just as if it was a holiday. Because if you set up a tranquil, beautiful area for yourself you can be calm and peaceful and that's a big weapon against whatever that force was.

Part Two: The Banishing
Search within yourself and see if there is anything about what had recently happened with your brother that you are still wrestling with--discuss those things with your husband or other family member. Get things out in the open. Negative energy thrives on emotional trauma, especially aspects of it that are held in. Talking it out is always the key. Before you go to bed, relax, do some deep breathing, and tell yourself that you are in control of your life and that you simply are not going to let this negative force upset you. And promise yourself that if this sleep-paralysis thing happens again, you're not going to panic, but are going to stay calm and not let it hurt you. Because it can't hurt you...and the only way it can be effective is if you believe in it.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
something like this happened to me three times, but every time i could see it. i called upon jesus immediately and it left. one person said maybe try not be scared of it and talk to it. i mean i wasn't scared one time when i new something was there but once i saw it, i was seized by fear. i doubt that i could see what i saw without immediately being terrified. i also played the ouija somewhere around that time period, not sure how close though. i am playing it again with a specific purpose. so far we have not achieved the goal.
i heard when the planchette starts going to the four corners say good bye and put it away. it started doing this in a counterclockwise fashion; i remembered and said goodbye. what is the deal with this?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
something like this happened to me three times, but every time i could see it. i called upon jesus immediately and it left. one person said maybe try not be scared of it and talk to it. i mean i wasn't scared one time when i new something was there but once i saw it, i was seized by fear. i doubt that i could see what i saw without immediately being terrified. i also played the ouija somewhere around that time period, not sure how close though. i am playing it again with a specific purpose. so far we have not achieved the goal.
i heard when the planchette starts going to the four corners say good bye and put it away. it started doing this in a counterclockwise fashion; i remembered and said goodbye. what is the deal with this?

I am not an expert but I would head that advice.
From my experience there is definately caution to be exercised when using a oiuja board. The most powerful connection and experience I ever had was with a makeshift board.. I am talking about taking a piece of paper and making the board and using a piece of clear glass about the right size as your planchette.
Perhaps the manufactured boards have some form of protection in their makeup because this one went after us and I will never forget that night for as long as I live.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Salaams all,

I have also had this before.
A long time ago, when i was about 2 years ago i used to dream of demons and burning Men, i also used to be awake and for some odd reason i could not move and i saw a shadow leave my room.
Me as a Muslim now, i have a fair idea on what it might be, the Jinn, the Jinn are another being that cant be seen by human eyes, they can reveal themselves to us, and they can do harm to people that have no faith, most probly in nothing!
I have a recent contact with a Jinn, tryed to get into my dreams and make itself look like a human possest by a demon, but i said to it Allahuakbar!! (God is Great) and my dream had this calm feeling and the human posest demon would just vanish from my mind!
Jinn are like us, but they have powers almost like an angle, some shieks say they have direct contact with angels, but they have much hardend Harts then we do!

Thanks

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You can used sage to cleanse your house too. Just light it and walk around each room. It will remove any lingering negativity. Whenever I have used it, the house has always felt fresh and cleansed afterwards.
It is very powerful and the Native Americans use it in their rituals.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It could be an angel of hell that someone has called up on you. have you been in touch with any witches or do you know
any satanist ect..?

I would tell you what to do, but i don't want to cause trouble in this forum.

peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
sounds to me like sleep paralysis, ive had a few experiances of it, its nothing spooky, its a medical thing, like a crossed wire on the brain, u may think ur awake, but ur brain itsnt totaly, most times u feel unusually on edge, or scared, unable to move, for the entire duration, or for part of the experiance, hallucinations like noices are usually present, or even full on images, and most off all u can feel things like something touching you or a breath on ur neck, i even once felt a full on punch on the nose, that hurt even after i woke up. My point is if ur brain short circuits, so to speak, u can seem to percieve anything cause ur interaction with the world is based on what ur brain tells u ur senses are feeling, we could get into the whole descarte brain in a jar theory but this suffices, im pretty sure that evil spirits arnt involved

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
[Edited on 16 by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Religion-free cleansing/banishing? Let's see...

what if whatever you are trying to "banish" doesnt believe in the ritual....what do you do then?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This raises quite an interesting question. If I were to banish him it wouldn't be too much of a punishment. So I would Brainwash the guy to our ritual.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join