It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Former Army cook's crimes warrant execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Bush: Former Army cook's crimes warrant execution

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - President Bush could have commuted the death sentence of Ronald A. Gray, a former Army cook convicted of multiple rapes and murders.
ADVERTISEMENT

But Bush decided Monday that Gray's crimes were so repugnant that execution was the only just punishment.

Bush's decision marked the first time in 51 years that a president has affirmed a death sentence for a member of the U.S. military. It was the first time in 46 years that such a decision has even been weighed in the Oval Office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well, it sounds like "Bush's Law" is going one step further. I find it quite interesting, that he is the first president for 46 years, commuting a death sentence.

It's maybe just a question of time, when the same happens to "normal" citizens.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29/7/08 by absente]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Actually he DIDN'T commute the sentence as He (Bush) thought

that Gray's crimes were so repugnant that execution was the only just punishment.

He could have but didnt.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by absente

Hmm.

I dont support Bush one single bit

but if this had been a regular civilian - would you be crying a different story?

Being in the military does not make you a better person.
Its a profession. ...... one of which you protect us, true, and i appreciate it, but don't expect me to idolize and make special notes for them

The guy had multiple rapes and multiple murders.

I agree with bush on this one. Put him to death.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
bush just killed 1 person personally compared the the 1/5 a million impersonally

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

Wow. Partisan much? No President in their right mind would commute someone whose crimes included "MULTIPLE rapes and murders." This has nothing to do with blind partisan hatred for George Bush, its just good politics. We're not even talking 1 rape, or 1 murder here. We're talking multiples of both.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I find it interesting how someone being a former Army cook is a more important fact than he committing multiple rapes and murders.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It makes me feel dirty (and not in a good way) to agree on Bush with anything, but I have to agree with him on this. Execute the rapist and murderer-- it's better than me paying for his room and board!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

Well, it sounds like "Bush's Law" is going one step further...

What in the world are you talking about? Bush had nothing to do with the trial or conviction of this monster. Bush was not setting up a man or trumping up any charges. Ronald Gray was tried and convicted in 1988; he has been on death row for 20 years..

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I didn't question the death sentence - I am OK with that.
My post was more in the direction "Oh, look, Bush is doing another thing no other president has done so far (well, in this case in the past 50 years). That was my message, I fully agree with the death sentence

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Nope.

Off with his head.

Regardless of who gives the nod to go ahead with it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Please continue with comments and opinions in the existing news thread found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join