It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make-up for men range launched

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Video
news.bbc.co.uk...

A new range of make-up specifically designed for men, including eyeliner and mascara, has been launched.

Giles Dilnott has tried out the new range.

you would have to be pretty Camp or on the other side to go out with this stuff on,

so come who would here.

i say HELL NO

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yeah, great for the gay men, goths and those with defects they wish to conceal but I can't see anyone else using it.

Also, aren't they being sexist?

After all, why can't men use regular makeup that women use?

Seems like someone is trying to create a "niche" market for a product with virtually NO USE. Can't see it being that popular.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think its due to men having a different kind of skin to us girls, So they need something with alot more in it,

I think its ok, Men need to wear a little more creams ect, I think men do anyhows they sneak it out of the girls bathroom

but for most men i would say it would just be things like eye cream and conceler and possibley some stuff for there lips,

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
good lord,first they gave us "man bags" and now this.

It's the decline of society in motion. For the record,as a big bender,i would never even contemplate wearing make up,unless it was a fancy dress thing. (or i fall asleep drunk and some kind soul gives me a make over,but then they got theirs,had to have 3 days off work to remove what I did to ya,didn't ya,who's laughing now,punk)

anyway,down with this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Its stories like this that give the Islamo-Facist a ray of hope to defeat the West...

They know they just have to sit back, and wait as teh FemiNazis Feminize our males...

EVERYWHERE you look, the Gay Mafia is working to make our boys act like girls...

What kind of sickness is this... Any parent that buys thier son this should be arested... this is sickness...

Now, i know that we can never get rid of all sickness in our society, but it is TOTALY IRRISPONSIBLE to PROMOT SICKNESS... This is totaly sick...

The Men of the West are dying... each passing day, our boys are being made into Women... meanwhile, our enimies are training pre-teens with Ak-47s, and here in the West, boys are discouraged to get into fights... School have SUPER-harsh penalties for fighting... This policy is making our Boys whimps...

I know Guys(18-23) who have never been in a fight in thier LIFE, EVER... How, how can you be a man and never have been in a fight... can you imagine this.. We are rasing a nation of Men who RUN AWAY from conflict, rather then take it head on...

Our contry is on a death path... Only the True Men can save our world...

Do not be brainwashed by the Media...

Boys are Boys, Girls are Girls...

Boys are supposed to get into fights
Boys are supposed to be dirty
Boys are supposed to be tough
Boys are supposed to be fighters

Now, they want to make our men into whimps, they want to dress them up in fashionable clothes, and put some make-up on them...

This is how the west will die... with our men dressed up and in make-up, crying to the enemy asking them to be nice...

This is sick...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hey if dudes want to wear that... I say why not. I wouldn't though. I have no want nor need to enhance my appearance. I am happy with face. Besides, I wore the make up in my goth days in high school, and it was a pain in the ass.

I don't understand how women put up with it. Doesn't that stuff clog your skin?

And TKainZero...

true men practice tolerance, understanding, and love.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
And TKainZero...

true men practice tolerance, understanding, and love.

Tolerence... Tolrence of what??? You can learn to tolerate Pain, learn to tolerate your neighbors horrible karookie at 3 am... But now i have to tolerate mens make-up as normal?

Understanding? I Understand that there are sickos out there that enjoys things that are not 'normal', but to 'MainStream' these sickos, is a crime onto itself...

Love... Love what... How about love thy Woman? What am i supposed to love here? Am i suposed to be exicted to see that i can go now buy mens make-up?

Is this a good thing?

Why was this made?

Were too many men feeling embaresed for having to go into womans stores to buy make-up?

You should be emberessed.

This is a perversion of reality... whats next... mens tampoons...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

True men have tolerance, understanding, and love for their children. Who believe it or not.... Need education, not a damn rifle, or upraised fists. This may be a surprise, but people are different.

Boys are supposed to be themselves, not some mass accepted idea of what they should be. That goes to women as well.

What's wrong with "Islamo-fascists"? Is it the Islamo part, or the fascist part?

Because IMO, you are coming off strongly as a fascist. and In my book, all fascism is harmful.

You should be ashamed of thinking that men need to fight... Men need to support their wives and children. A little eyeliner and having some fun isn't going to destroy this planet. Fear is what will do it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That's Just Wrong...........

I'm even gay and I won't be putting any of this muck on my face.:shk:
Men need to look like men.........

Edit: bbcode

[edit on 29/7/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

great a neo-con comes in with his favorite slang word islamo-facist

so its cool all the sudden to be the one to go in and start fights or take parts in fights in schools and on the streets.

it takes someone that has more self control and discipline to keep out of fights
but then again what would you know? since you think fighting is what defines someone :shk:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well the reporter looked like a disaster- that makeup girl should be fired. Id give him just a teeny bit of brown mascara and a little powder for the shine.

Ever see "The 13th Warrior?" Antonio Banderas looks sexy in some eyeliner, mmmhmmm!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Ever see "The 13th Warrior?" Antonio Banderas looks sexy in some eyeliner, mmmhmmm!

Its great if your an actor or on tv where its needed but other than that, forget it. Now boys if your in doubt about your gender or want to be a female visit your local doctor or cosmetic surgeon for assistance. Men don't ware makeup unless it is part of their job (actor).

BTW, liked the movie, got it on DVD.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

His was obvious though- the guys makeup on movies is usually not apparent, but he had some serious black eyeliner going on to make him look more Arabic for his character, I guess. I have to say it looked HOT on Antonio. I dont think that is the case for most men, but some do look good in eyeliner. Im not talking about the other stuff like lipstick.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Tkain, how is this part of the gay agenda? There are more freakin emo dorks in the music world who wear that crap for a living and they finish shows and get with all the girls. Don't blame it on gays, I know some that are manlier than most straight guys I know.

I hate what this is coming to as well though. It used to be that women wanted tall dark and handsome. Rugged in a way...

Now women like 115 pound 5'4" girly men with long hair.

Its a problem with girls not feeling the need to be protected anymore. I was born in the wrong generation and chose the wrong type of music to play I suppose.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Has anyone told our resident bts pimp?Im sure he'd love to know about this.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Tkain, how is this part of the gay agenda?

The Feminization of Males?

Isnt that the WHOLE idea of the Gay Movement?

Personaly, the only reason i can think for a Man to wear make-up is on Stage...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Tkain...

No, its not the agenda of gay people in the least. I'll concede that gay males have a higher prevalence of being a bit feminine, but it is hardly something they want to rub off on people.

And as I said, I know plenty of manly-men gays. Gay has to do with who you sleep with, not how you act.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Thank-you SantaClaus.

My husband and I are definitely manly men and have been together almost 20 years.
We have no agenda to convert anyone to bat for the other team, we don't want to feminize the world or change society in any way.

I understand make-up in a professional capacity, and I really try not to pass judgment on others, but I must admit that the overtly femmy boys kinda bug me.
And this whole metrosexual thing just confuses me.

Will we all be androgynous in the future ???

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's been my experience that the men that are most upset about the masculinity/unmasculinity, of other men, could have a problem with their own idenity as a male. I think it's called "sublimation"

en.wikipedia.org...(psychology)

www.zenit.org...

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 1-8-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join