It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-week old puppy kills baby

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

Actually it's probably a case where all of the people in that house carry a little bit of responsibility for what happened to that baby. First accounts stated that the mother and grandmother were asleep when the father and grandfather left for work. Now they're saying that the mother was awake when the grandfather went to work and went back to bed to go to sleep.

As far as the grandmother should have taken responsibility because she was of "legal" adult age, i'm not sure if it's the same in all states, but in my state once a girl has a baby she becomes an emancipated minor which means that she is legally an adult. Using the "legal" adult age arguement, the responsibility would then lay mainly with the grandfather as he was the one that placed the baby in the swing and then left the house.

Ultimately the responsibility has to fall with the mother, no matter what her age. She chose to have the baby, not her mother or her father. The minute that she and the baby's father chose to have and keep that child, they willingly took on the responsibility of caring for another human life.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Thanks for the update. It looks like she's gonna be in some serious trouble if she's been taking any kind of drugs recently. Looks like the cops aren't playing with this case, they even went so far as to take decibal tests. The details in the updated story were a lot more gruesome than i imagined happening, i thought the dog just bit the baby repeatedly. What that poor baby must've went through

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yeah, those details I think I could've lived without. I am 50 years old and I never would have thought a puppy could/would do this to a baby. Not saying I would leave babies unattended because I was actually an obsessive mother when mine were babies, but this is so hard to comprehend what that puppy did.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It is also very hard for me to believe that a puppy could do that, almost impossible for me to believe as a matter of fact. Which is why i believe that there was more than just one of the animals involved, i could be wrong, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I've had dogs all my life and been around all kinds of animals. Even if the it's true, the behavior of the rest of the animals doesn't fit.

A lot of people don't think so, but cats can be very protective. I've seen my cat go after my dogs when she misinterpreted play between me and the dogs as an act of agression toward me. Also i can't picture the pug ( i believe full grown) just sitting there and doing nothing while the puppy did that to the baby. It just doesn't sound right to me, like it's a puzzle missing a piece.

I do know what dogs are attracted to though, and if the baby had food, or vomit on him, or a soiled diaper then yes the puppy would have more than likely tried to eat those things and in turn then saw the baby as a source of food.

Sad, sad situation. Please continue to keep us updated.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
OMG! Yes complete BS! I have a 6 week old puppy and a 2 yr old lab. Yes the puppy likes to chew but when she nibbles at the feet of my two y ear and he yells or whatever she runs away! I seriously dont by the puppy would be chewing away on a screaming baby. Even my 2 yr old lab doesnt like sticking around when there is a screaming baby. He may come over see whats up lick and run. Yeah puppy has very sharp teeeth but mine cant even carry her toys around with out dropping them, there s no way that puppy could have the strength to chew a baby to death. It would take forever for that to happy and even my lab who does eat ecverything (right down to a rake in the backyard) wouldnt have hung around to eat a freaking baby at that age. I agree SOMEONE killed that baby and left it to become a chew toy!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

at last, someone mentions something I was thinking for a while. I think either they left the house and possibly accidentally one thinking the other had the baby, left her? him? in the swing, or there was some drugs going on, or both. I have lost a son due to a genetic illness, a rare infantile form of muscular dystrophy called Werdnig-Hoffman, and while there was nothing at all I could do, and nothing I had done wrong with the pregnancy, I was still eaten up with guilt for not being able to do more, so I can't even imagine the load that the parents are going to carry for the rest of their lives. Whether or not they ever get convicted, they are going live with this every waking day they have. Now, does this mean they shouldn't have to face legal charges, of course not. The response of people both posting here and elsewhere wouldn't be so visceral if it weren't that all of us could sense somewhere deep that the baby's blood is crying out for justice....and yes, I'll concede, possibly even the puppys too.

We saw a picture of the puppy...I also want to see a picture of the swing...and I think that there is a good chance that a thorough investigation might reveal that they weren't just 'in another room' but not present at all.

Now I am going to read the rest of this thread now..and do apologize for not doing so but I just had to post in response to this and what has been kicking around in my head for a little while now, but I will register in a bit.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
my hearts broken, reading this... i have a baby . what happened was a oblivious sign of neglect. but most of all, it was a infant how sad..

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The saga continues (warning, this is not an easy read).

www.tulsaworld.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
who knows what really happened, but dogs should not be left alone with babies, not even for a minute. My friends cousin had twins and there not quite a year old huskie killed one. It was awful, the family can't even set foot in the house, and get this, there are people who were fighting for this dog who really did kill this baby no question about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Did I miss how old the baby was? In a swing? Could the puppy even reach? Ugh this is tragic. Oh I see.

Two months old...in a swing?!

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The child was only 2 months old. The puppy had not been fed that day and was not cleaned up after either. What kind of home is this for a child? Was the child treated like the dog as well?

Mother of baby killed by puppy gets probation

A Tulsa teenager whose 2-month-old baby was killed by a puppy has received probation conditions — including educational and therapeutic requirements — in Tulsa County Juvenile Court....

...In 2006, when she was 15, Earles was accused in juvenile court of unlawful delivery of a controlled drug.
She was found delinquent in 2007 and put on a probation that was closed as successful in 2008, records show.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Despite the fact,who leaves a little baby unattended? what were they all too drunk to hear anything? this does sound suspicious,and I'm thinking as investigation goes on more truth will be revealed,my old neighbors have a black Lab and it is the most annoying dog I've ever been around,but no they are not vicious in the least.poor dog think it was made the scapegoat here

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by Blueracer
I didn't watch the video. But from reading your post it just doesn't make sense. The baby was left alone. A black lab, which is a pretty good kind of dog to be around kids mauled the baby. And there were people in the next room that didn't know what was going on?

Well on the video you see a good shot of the puppy being carried out of the house, a little 6-week-old lab. I always considered labs one of the gentlest dogs you could find.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Bombeni]

Ha. Are you kidding? Labs are one the most hyper active dogs I've ever seen in my life. I have a full grown female and she's constantly runnin around, jumping on people, accidently clawing them and playfully biting. Kids can't be around my lab, not because she'll maul them, but she will smother them and knock them silly. I've had plenty of complaints about scratches on kids from my lab. I think she's ADD

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

Labs are not hyperactive dogs, they are working dogs. They are highly intelligent and very good with children. As with any working dog if they do not have something to keep them occupied you will have problems with them.

As for your lab constantly jumping on and "playfully" biting people that isn't a problem that comes from the breed, it's a problem that comes from poor training. Dogs should be taught that they should never bite humans, even in play (unless of course they are guard dogs), and they need to be given their training commands for their entire life. If she is hyperactive she probably isn't getting enough exercise.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Another case of child neglect or worse - and a darling puppy gets killed for it.

That baby and that puppy are surely in a better place than those horrible people provided.

They will get their judgement.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Weird! That happened just a few blocks from my house!

Anyway, there is NO WAY that the puppy did that.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by haika
Weird! That happened just a few blocks from my house!

Anyway, there is NO WAY that the puppy did that.

The latest articles say that the puppy hadn't been fed for days. I can understand a starving puppy going after whatever it could get, including a baby that can't defend itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join