It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELL

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Having God talk to you does not automatically make you crazy, you know.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the whole god thing!

I'm not an aethist, but i do believe that some sort of higher power, whether its a natural or supernatural; is out there!

My belief is that you can believe in what you wish, but any dangerous acts you commit, your religion will come back and smite you!

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I believe there is no divine entity of any sort. The word hell was and ancient (egyptian or greek?) word that was used in reference to a pit that they burned bodies in. This is probably the source of the burning abyss(sp?) that so many people conjure up when they hear the word. Therefore without ultimate evil, ultimate good could not possibly exist.

The world needs balance.

What I don't get is how people talk about heaven and hell.How do the know it's there?Have they been there?

[Edited on 1-21-2003 by LaChicaParanoica]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm saying it doesn't.(not metaphysically anyway)

It was a pit to burn bodies in so the plague didn't spread.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Truth be told, you are quite ignorant.

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.
Thomas Jefferson

[Edited on 23-1-2003 by LuSiD]

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
How can you call another person ignorant? That's rude, I was having a civilized discussion and people come in and call others names. I take in all reason. I listen and read others posts. I was simply trying to learn what others already have been taught.

Please, if you are going to call someone ignorant, back it up. Be able to prove it.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Read his posts. Thats all the proof it takes.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Actually, good can exist without evil. Something that's "non-good" can be neutral. The growth of the hair on your head, for example, is niether good nor evil. Day turning into night is niether good nor evil. Looking at a cloud is niether good nor evil.

There are lots of neutral actions and you can have both good and neutral acts and never have any evil in the system.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I read, he falls into the masses, just like everyone else. They believe for no reason other than self assurance of an afterlife. It makes them feel good.

I think religion teaches good morals, but that's about it. If you are going to call one person ignorant, you must include all the rest.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
was created, and exists in religions, primarily for one reason, and one reason only....CONTROL.

It is the ultimate OR ELSE threat. It's a powerful tool to keep a populace in line. DO IT, or you go to Hell, etc.

I'm more of the belief similar to bloodykids...your post mortem existence is likely more defined by your own state of mind, and personal shaping...not a heaven or a hell.

To those who believe in Heaven, just what exactly do you think this is like? Personally, sitting on clouds, playing a harp, and professing love to an old guy in a white toga doesn't really float my boat...

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Same here, but sadly I believe I may cease to exist, either that or my consious energy remains.

Whats the difference between regular electricity and neural electricity? Neural electricity causes conciousness or intelligence. Why then does regual electricity not? Do the same laws of physics apply as with normal electricity? If so, would you cease to exitst after your body dies, or would you retain conciousness in a different form, but with less mobility?

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Don't worry I do. I think you're all ignorant without exception. And not just the people on this board either.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
That's more like it. Don't exclude yourself either, all people have this flaw. No one can see everything from any point of view, they are too busy worrying about themselves, eventhough it may not seem like it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join