It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Disclosure isn't Necessary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I get that everyone in this forum, for the most part, believes in alien life, and believes we are being visited. Some of you believe in bases on the Moon, intelligent life on Mars, even artificial planet-sized bases in orbit around Saturn. That's pretty much the norm here and that's fine.

But everyone wonders why disclosure hasn't happened yet, at least not the kind of disclosure everyone is looking forward to. You beg the question, "why don't more people DEMAND to know the truth?"

I just don't think people care. I mean, i think the majority of humans believe in alien life, and i don't think too many people would be all that shocked, panicked or surprised at the prospect of an alien race making itself known to the whole of our planet.

I don't think it's so much that people have taken the time to consider whether or not these things are actually possible, but that we've collectively been so desensitized in virtually every way. We respond differently to things than our parents, and our parents parents.

I just think most people would treat disclosure like just another thing they heard about. Not really that big of a deal. Sure, it would be all over the news, but most people don't even care about that.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I personally believe disclosure would be great. It would finally open all the eyes of the naysayers and literally force them to believe that we are in fact not alone in the universe.

Plus, just knowing for FACT that aliens exist would be great for me, because then I could discuss it all I wanted without being rediculed.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

Disclosure would gain the public awareness of e.t. technologies
for the over-populated planet. The free energy could reduce polution
and may be needed to survive as humans.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Not to mention that the very fact they hid all these things will start to bring to light all the levels of secret powers that entrenched themselves over the heads of our elected leaders, and the different levels of Science currently in the world, ours being the shoddy deal. This is really what its all about, accountability, transparency, and the hidden powers being placed under congress and the people. Disclosure is very important. Even if they try to feed us tidbits at a time, the awkward questions will build until they will be revealed properly, and introduced to us. I am not talking about the ets when I say "they".

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

If there are ET visitations and the government is hiding it from us (for our own protection) they are asshats.

Hiding hat kind of knowledge in a democratic society should be illegal. It's my God Damn Right to know. The majority of the people should be "the decider" if it's bad for us to know or not. Then, there might not be such a thing as a democracy anymore, but that's probably discussed in a different thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mimer
If there are ET visitations and the government is hiding it from us (for our own protection) they are asshats.

There are ET visits and it is being hidden from us.

Disclosure is about the most important issue that we can imagine. Who wants to be a slave to oil for their lives? Who wants to be LIED to by 'elected' governments?

A lot of us here know that ET is real, etc. However, until the zombies are 'officially' informed, we'll never benefit from what ET may have to offer.

People might as well spend their existance in a glass snow-dome.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I get conflicted on the issue of disclosure. How much would the elites and the beings themselves want us to know? If you've ever studied any of the mystery school esoteric teachings and philosophies... you know of something referred to as "dangerous information", "too much information", or my favorite term, "the end of knowledge".

How much information do you really want to know? If we could travel wherever we wanted whenever we wanted to manifest anything we wanted, all instantly and with the power of mind... what of reality as we know it? It would fall apart and become like a very confusing and convoluted dream... ehem.

Maybe the aliens are doing us a favor by letting us realize on our own that our governments are hiding something and we demand to know. Until demand increases, supply isn't necessary. Who wants to know, and how much are they able to take at a time without massive damage to their psyche and/or sense of self, and the very essence of life and meaning that makes our existence hold importance to us?

If you think this is just about "They don't want us to know about aliens", you are thinking very superficially. They don't want us to know about OURSELVES and our relation to this entire universe/multiverse/All.

Me personally, I think we could handle it. I think it's the only way we will survive the potential self destruction by us of our own home of Earth. Although I suggest a gradual initiation process for the whole world, because many people couldn't handle to just wake up one day and "know"... although that is already starting to happen, regardless of aliens landing on the White House lawn.

Is disclosure necessary? Not unless we're asking for the government to spin us another level of a web of lies.

Steady personal diclosure is the best. I've been having things revealed to me slowly over the past two years, even so much as to say I have experienced the very "end/beginning" of this whole existence deal, but even THAT doesn't make me completely unafraid of seeing an other worldly being standing in front of me suddenly. I think I'd only be comfortable with that if they knocked on my front door at like 3pm, so I could clearly see them in the light. It's this popping in suddenly at night, or the peeking in through the windows abruptly late into the darkness that startles the Hell out of me.

I think the best thing for a benevolent and compassionate advanced alien being to do is secretly pair up with a human buddy, unbeknownst to their waking consciousness at first, and slowly reveal themselves and their form over time, through dreams, and through very gradual manifestation in form around you... maybe you would only notice a blurb in your perpheral vision at first, which slowly over days and days and days moves into your direct line of sight and veerrry gradually takes more and more noticeable form, veeeerrry gradually establishes more direct and more blatant telepathic communication.... things like this... all very gradual and personalized.
I think would create a real personal bond between people who are normally dispositioned to quickly judge upon sight, and beings that would be of a very "alien" and disturbingly unfamiliar nature to us.

Perhaps that IS the plan?

[edit on 29-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

[edit on 29-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

join