It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Milton [North Atlanta], 3 cars firebombed in driveways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

In Milton [North Atlanta], 3 cars firebombed in driveways

www.ajc.com

By DOUG NURSE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 07/25/08

Frank Escalera of Milton rolled over in bed about 2:30 a.m. Friday and awoke to strange glow outside his window.

It was his beloved 2007 blue-gray Mercedes in his driveway. Flames were creeping from the trunk to the hood.

"I thought, 'This can't be,'" he said Friday as he stared at the ash and ruin that remained. He fought the blaze with a hose before firefighters arrived but the car was damaged beyond recovery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
First off this is crazy. But to show just how nuts this is. Take a look at how calmly this one guy responded.

Another victim, who asked to be identified only as "Joe," said there were cars parked all along his street when his leased 2006 Honda was torched.

"Why did he pick mine?" he asked.

As he walked from the mailbox, past the scorched driveway, he shook his head and said: "What's the matter with people?"

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I have heard of people doing this because they couldn't afford the payments and wanting to get out of the loan. But, this could be another act by some kids that have a stance on something.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Quazga

I have heard of people doing this because they couldn't afford the payments and wanting to get out of the loan. But, this could be another act by some kids that have a stance on something.

There is money in Milton. Pretty much all of North Fulton has money. So I'm guessing, unless it was perpetrated by one of the people who own the cars (the other two just so it looks like vandalism), that it doesn't have to do with gettin outta a loan.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
maybe its just starting, intergenerational, class based have's and have-nots facing off in civil warfare. Bound to be blow back for everyone over 50 completely stuffing the future up for everyone under 35. meh

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

That could be man.

I'm not sure... usually stuff in Atlanta is rather targeted when it involves personal property. But I'm not sure that these three cars are connected at all other than geographic location and potenitally economic status. However, it could be kids in some of these neighborhoods acting out suburban rage.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
this is nothing to what is coming
The police are going to be working over time and all their new military grade gear they have been getting the last couple of years is going to get a work out

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by solo1

You know whats kinda wild?

The level of police in Atlanta is dropping. Just can't afford them after Shirley Franklin either caused, or assisted in the demise of their budget. Dekalb county police are dwindling.

Interestingly enough, off duty cops are being paid for by private communities, to patrol their neighborhoods, because there are not enough police in Atlanta.

I'll tell you where there ARE police in Atlanta though. 285 NorthBound on the east side. Go through there between 11 pm and 1 am and you will find at least 5-8 cars pulled over on the side of the road. it's nutz.

Now, in Johns Creek, Milton and Alpharetta, there seem to be plenty of police, but that is due to the money in these communities.

top topics

join