It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My garden is dead, but my woodpile is thriving :o

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I mentioned in another thread that my garden got flooded out and everything died. When I was out back today getting ready to pull up the little fence around my dead garden, I noticed 3 healthy looking tomato plants growing out of my woodpile! How the heck did they get there? lol The tomato plants I planted couldn't have spread seed, and I didn't plant anything back there last year. What are the odds that a bird pooped 3 tomato seeds in a woodpile right next to my dead garden?
How else could they have gotten there?

My dead tomato plant.

My woodpile with 3 healthy tomato plants.

[ats]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
wow
looks like you got hit pretty hard

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Tomato seeds are extremely hardy little buggers. Any old vines with a rotten tomato will spout plants if given the right conditions.

If you had some flooding they could even have washed in.
The birds where I live never touch the tomatoes I grow so I doubt the poop probability.

Be interesting to see what variety you get..........

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
That's just it...the tomatoes I planted never got a chance to grow tomatoes, and the ones I did plant are all accounted for. In any case, I'm anxious to see what kind they are. I only planted beefsteak. Looks like the only tomatoes I'll get this year will be from the woodpile.
I told my husband he'd better not burn it!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I had something similar at my last house. We tried to do some container gardening and grow some tomatoes... Well, thanks to my brown thumb we barely got them to even grow, much less thrive. Even with watering and montoring them. Then low and behold, in the corner of my yard that I never watered once, 2 huge tomatoe plants grew and thrived. Yet my miserable plants would wilt at the first sign of heat or if I even thought about skipping a day of watering.

top topics

join